No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Interest for the game
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Interest for the game
unrealchu
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-14 10:23   
Hello all, i'm new in the game and i can tell you that 1 thing angers me alot in the game. Its good. Maybe you can fix the graphics, but there is no zone or ai's that new players can shoot to make progress in the game. And when there are not much players online all the new players can shoot and enjoy their new ships when rank is up. When i got my first dread i didnt have what to shoot even to try my new weapons
i think a zone with bots to shoot or only bots to shoot would be great. I think it wont be so hard to make it because shooting in this game makes me happy
so i think it will make others happy when they start playing and make progress because it's much better than engineering in the scenario believe me. And this is a big problem, we new players dont have what to do in the game except engineering.
If you think this is good and someone likes it more than making battles, dont do it but in every mmo game there are much much bots to shoot and make progress. Take darkorbit. Take wow. Take mu online. Take every every game, much bots to kill to make progress. This is a very important part of the game that in dark space doesen`t excist.
The graphics can be made, but if theres nothing for new players to do, it will be like always i know games with worst graphics and gameplay that have tons of players. Activity is what is missing, all are bored. Make bots, make super bots, make rewards for killing them. Something like that, take ideas from other games
[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2012-07-14 10:48 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-14 10:32   
this is a pvp game.

And this is what happens when your easy on the noobs.... They remain soft.. Even after years, and making it to a good rank...

This is a freaking dread pilot for crying outloud

unrealchu
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-14 10:38   
I know its PvP but for more players Must be made zones for progress so Players will become more And PvP will be much interesting
[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2012-07-14 10:49 ]

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-14 10:39   
hey defiance also i agree i think enemy ai should give increased exp when not many players are online

Email µOmniVore
unrealchu
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-14 10:40   
When was the last time you saw PvP like 10 vs 10 ??

My idea is when low players online a targets for the new one
so when ranked come new to have fun with them too not just get popped and go engi engi engi
making the game more dynamic will get the interest of more players number of players = interes =activity in the gameplay

I`m playing for 2 hours and i sit on the planet cause i dont have what to do .. Admins please .. make something i know you want the game Up like before
[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2012-07-14 19:59 ]

Defence Unit-Alpha_Matrix[48]
Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-14 11:03   
First off im only a VA so i dont know anything but.

1) I cant understand some of what your saying
2) Rogans Rift has nothing but AI go shoot there easy pres.
3) There is no 3 cuz im a VA and a noob and im better then you
4) That last one was trolling lol soz couldnt resist. lol

-Adina

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-14 11:14   
rogens rift.

Full of npc's

good for 1ra and down. By the time you reach admiral shou should be tempered in the fires of combat. Should know what to do.

We have scenario and rr for new players to progerss all the way to first rear admiral.

Fighting ai, though, is nothing like pvp at all.

Dont recieve the proper pvp exp through action, and you will die more when you reach a high rank and finally decide to join the fold. Die more at a high rank and loose buckets of press.
If your unable to grasp the learning curve of pvp at this stage (high rank and babied, finaly going for pvp). And the losses you sustain will be staggering.

Then one of two things happens. A pve group of ds players is born whom hide from, and are shunned by the pve'ers, or you ragequit.

unrealchu
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-14 11:16   
I dont care if you are better than me or something, i dont care who is better, i want to say what is my idea. You maybe the best.

Defiance, why i never saw you in the game? Like the big pvp boss?? And what rank is 1 ra cause on 1 ra you can get nothing but a battle cruiser and some one, like kratas, to wait and blow you with 2 shots, and back to the drawing board.

But yeah you are the chief marshal lol. And you can get whatever you want but for us noobs, what? Thats why there will be no new players cause we cant make progress. You made it when there were hundreds of players i want to see how u get this rank now.
[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2012-07-14 20:02 ]

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-14 11:27   
Quote:

On 2012-07-14 11:19, unrealchu wrote:
Defiance .. Why i never saw you in the game ? Like the big PvP Boss .. ?? And what Rank is 1 RA .. cause on 1 RA you can .. get nothing .. but a Battle cruiser .. and some one like Kratas .. to wait and blow you with 2 shots .. And back to the drawing board
[ This Message was edited by: unrealchu on 2012-07-14 11:21 ]

i see where your coming from... i as well as many players went through the same struggles you and many new players do. Defiance i feel is being a little arrogant. your idea is sound, but this is idea is not the hugest deal currently the dev's are working on a new update currently and they have a lot on there plate. instead of adding zones or something for NPC's increasing Exp for certain AI's is a reasonable offer i feel.

P.S. "Kratas" is a Kluth(Meaning he is a Ding Dong,Loser,Scrub,Etc...)

unrealchu
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-14 11:35   
Im glad that there is work on the game it makes me happy
i said what i think its missing i became an admiral rank and i blocked if i dont do engineering no prestige for me
and the reason is not that the game is not good or the graphics are not good, its because the players are bored of doing nothing just laying eggs on planets. I`m 6 hours online today and i havent seen a battle the game must be made somehow the old players to come back and new to stay at it.
[ this message was edited by: unrealchu on 2012-07-14 11:38 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2012-07-14 20:03 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-14 12:29   
Play in Scenario if you want to shoot at AI, you'll also get some experience with building, bombing, and capturing planets.

Or go to Procyon. You'll see all the AI you'd ever want and more, just don't expect to live for more than a couple minutes.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-14 13:05   
Quote:

On 2012-07-14 11:19, unrealchu wrote:
And what Rank is 1 RA .. cause on 1 RA you can .. get nothing .. but a Battle cruiser .. and some one like Kratas .. to wait and blow you with 2 shots .. And back to the drawing board
[ This Message was edited by: Persistance on 2012-07-14 13:08 ]

Battle Cruisers are actually good! Ever played as K'luth? A properly flown Battle Cruiser can make you really mad.

Also, I think that your problem isn't that you've not ground enough xp, but that you've ground too much. You need to fly against players to gain real experience(not talking about prestige here).

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-14 15:59   
i dont know about others, but i found this game interesting for the challenge. this was the only game where after a year i learned i knew nothing. we can make it a presfest but then we end up with a game where everyone is dread or station, and only the "weird" people fly below that class (with exception of icc faction)

i think the balancing as it is now is good. there is idea to balance, we almost reach that perfect balance thing, but then suggestions by players get implemented, ai get added, etc. this is 2nd part of the fun: once u learned how it works, it changes.

I'd say just keep on flying around as it is now, no need for more pres per ai, or ai fields, or training facilities.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-14 17:46   
There's really no need to have rank limitations in metaverse.

90% of the players are using dreads and stations.
The few noobs are stuck in small ships.

If only a small percentage of players were in dreads and stations, IT WOULD BE FINE.
But no, they make up the primary force, and thus, the smaller ships, which should all be in much much greater numbers, are not in favorable conditions.

It's the same crap in Navy Field... you're in a little frigate, surrounded by 20 battleships. Luckily though, they have a "blitzkrieg" game mode that has most of its slots in destroyers.

This game should consider the use of ship slots so that a team cannot spam 8 stations...

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-14 18:06   
Quote:

On 2012-07-14 17:46, Fluttershy wrote:
There's really no need to have rank limitations in metaverse.

90% of the players are using dreads and stations.
The few noobs are stuck in small ships.

If only a small percentage of players were in dreads and stations, IT WOULD BE FINE.
But no, they make up the primary force, and thus, the smaller ships, which should all be in much much greater numbers, are not in favorable conditions.

It's the same crap in Navy Field... you're in a little frigate, surrounded by 20 battleships. Luckily though, they have a "blitzkrieg" game mode that has most of its slots in destroyers.

This game should consider the use of ship slots so that a team cannot spam 8 stations...

The last time I ever saw anything like 8 stations was when the UGTO was recapping their systems.
Usually it's(around) 1-2 stats, 2-3 or so dreads(not counting missile and carrier dreads) and 2-4 people in small ships.
[ This Message was edited by: Persistance on 2012-07-14 18:07 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019025 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR