Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Best ship for a VA?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Best ship for a VA?
Admiral Valeor Tackle
Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-22 05:07   
I just got a VA and I was wondering which is the best UGTO ship for a VA. Is it a Carrier Dreadnought?

Pleasse do not cry

Lord Raiden *Super Sup*
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2012-07-22 05:17   
i would recommend the ST-49 Agincourt Dreadnought rather then the carrier

Quote:

JBud:
Collision detection is funny huh? amazing how it can detect a tiny pcannon projectile hitting you, but a whole planet? nothing is there!

Email Lord Raiden *Super Sup*
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-22 06:42   
The best cruisers are generally better than the worst dreadnoughts, so I'd say it's a toss-up between Battle Cruiser and Torpedo cruiser, depending on your play style.

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-22 07:48   
Quote:

On 2012-07-22 06:42, YIIMM wrote:
The best cruisers are generally better than the worst dreadnoughts, so I'd say it's a toss-up between Battle Cruiser and Torpedo cruiser, depending on your play style.

I agree with this personally, the UGTO VA dreads are horrible.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-22 08:31   
Torpedo cruiser flown correctly can take down a siphon.
Quote:

On 2012-07-22 05:17, FA Lord Raiden *Super Sup* wrote:
i would recommend the ST-49 Agincourt Dreadnought rather then the carrier

This is bad advice. Trolling most likely.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-22 08:32   
I've had moderate success with the Carrier Dread, as I prefer its cannon batteries over more fighters.

The Missile Dread for ICC can pack quite a punch, but its much more of a support craft than a a main battle line ship.

As for Cruisers, flying one on your own is pretty much a death sentence, but the torpedo/cannon combinations can deal some serious supportive fire should you be assisting other cruisers or Dreads. However, the VA cruisers are pretty terrible for fighting other cruisers (compared to lower ranked cruisers), as the torps have a high tendency to miss.

There really is no such thing as a best ship until you get to Admiral and above, there are just many ships for different situations.

Once you get to Admiral though, K'luth get what is in my opinion their best ship - the Mandible. The Siphon packs a punch but it doesn't have nearly the energy. The Krill is just a very nerfed version of the Mandible, and the Gangila isn't K'luth playstyle at all (expect it to get nerfed sometime).

UGTO get the Battle Dreadnaught, is an incredibly versatile ship. With defense enhancements and the ability to cover all the arcs, it can stand up to serious firepower while throwing it back at the enemy. I prefer this over the EAD, as it simply has many more situations where its useful, and the EAD is very vulnerable to clever manuverability.

The Combat Dreadnaught is a great long range ship, but due to how railguns are it really can't maintain the kind of firepower you need in what is mostly close range engagements. I'd honestly prefer the Missile Dreadnaught over it. The Assault Dreadnaught makes up for the EAD's biggest weakness with shields, and with defense enhancements on top of it, it becomes a serious tank. This is essentially ICC's best ship, but you gotta wait until FA for it.

-Ent

Fleet Admiral Shark
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-07-22 09:21   
I'd say the Torpedo Cruiser is the best, if you tried it could take out dreads alone.

Spicker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-22 09:51   
TC is your best option atm.

Defence Unit-Alpha_Matrix[48]
Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-22 10:09   
Use Carrier Dread. It's BOSS. Just stay alert dont use your JD unless your jumping to gates or jumping out of battle(Dont jump ships with it unless you know there's no back up for that ship.) ALWAYS HAVE YOUR JD READY!!! and dont panic so much when you get jumped and make sure you let every one know YOUR carrier dread is not the tipical one YOUR'S is BOSS. and if ya want to jump my Carrier dread you best not be hopeing for a kill cuz you aint gettin it suckers!! a big part of Carrier dread being BOSS is the ability to jump when needed if you cant jump then your just a sitting duck....so yea keep your JD ready and youll be BOSS like me and i kick butt in my carrier dread all the boys are scared of me when they see me comin they run like little girls hehehehe

-Lt.Adina

Admiral Valeor Tackle
Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-22 13:49   
Yeah Adina. All of them run like girls or kittens

Pleasse do not cry

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-22 13:52   
Adina, I will gladly duel you in a carrier dread.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Admiral Valeor Tackle
Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-22 14:00   
Heyo Kenny! The Carrier Dreadnought is not horrible and it has a advantage. This ship can be good for support purposes. i.e when there are two or more fleets attacking. You can join a friendly fleet and help them. Remember the Carrier Dreadnought is not worst or horrible

Pleasse do not cry

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-22 14:59   
Quote:

On 2012-07-22 14:00, Emperor-Tokkan Icarus (CO) wrote:
Heyo Kenny! The Carrier Dreadnought is not horrible and it has a advantage. This ship can be good for support purposes. i.e when there are two or more fleets attacking. You can join a friendly fleet and help them. Remember the Carrier Dreadnought is not worst or horrible

When I see a carrier dread though it becomes a primary target as it doesn't have enough firepower to hold its own against even cruisers.

Scorpion Lord
Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-22 15:13   
Quote:

On 2012-07-22 14:59, Brutality *XO2* wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-07-22 14:00, Emperor-Tokkan Icarus (CO) wrote:

When I see a carrier dread though it becomes a primary target as it doesn't have enough firepower to hold its own against even cruisers.

i use a CD and i can face even dreads, just send fighters from distance then jump to it and start spaming my canons in one arc and its done, if he didn't ranned away lol

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-22 15:47   
Quote:

On 2012-07-22 15:13, Scorpion Lord wrote:

i use a CD and i can face even dreads, just send fighters from distance then jump to it and start spaming my canons in one arc and its done, if he didn't ranned away lol

guess it depends on the ship your facing. Cruiser can out Maneuver you and has just as much fire power as you do. Assault Dread can just get into beam range and tank and eat you easily. plus Fighters aren't that effective unless you have a ton of them flying around and the Carrier dread can't do that.

[ This Message was edited by: Brutality *XO2* on 2012-07-22 15:48 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022827 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR