No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Command Cruisers
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Command Cruisers
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-27 14:19   
I think that engineers will be the only ones capable of building, since auras will replace the build drones on current command ships.
I guess ships that can repair, resupply, and build are intentionally weak so that smaller ships have a use in going after them.

It really is overpowered for stations and dreads to be able to build platforms and whatnot because there's simply no stopping it without an equally as powerful ship and a few allies.

Basically, where I could have (eventually) repelled a lone EAD attacking our planet using a destroyer or cruiser.. If a command dread showed up, it could spam platforms, defend them effectively, and my attempts at damage would be basically repaired by the platforms faster than I could do anything.

Support stats also have good endurance, and there's really no fighting one effectively unless you get into the narrow band between the missiles and lasers.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-07-27 14:23 ]

Daagda Moor
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-27 14:35   
Who was talking about stats?

Email Daagda Moor   Goto the website of Daagda Moor
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-27 18:07   
Quote:

On 2012-07-27 13:47, Daagda Moor wrote:
Command ships are support ships, are they not? Shouldnt they have the role of EW, supply, mining, and repair? Not bombing, launching fighters, being in the thick of combat. That is for the ships that they re supposedly commanding. I dont understand, if they arent just large, beefy support platforms, what it is that makes them a command platform other than a single gadget that it has that other ships don't. Is that really the difference? What am I missing?

The whole reason we're giving them auras is to make them something OTHER than large, beefy support platforms. You want repairs and ammo, bring a supply ship. Command ships are not intended to be do-everything support ships; we have a specific role in mind for them, a role that will not be filled by any other type of ship.

But since that specific role consists of a single gadget that you don't even have to activate, we're also giving them an additional role so as to keep them from being boring to fly. We could easily give you a ship with nothing but engines, defenses and an aura, but then the only thing you have to do with it is fly around while watching everybody else fight.

If it works for them, we might even consider modifying the utility ships--Transports, Engineers, Supplies--so that they're more useful in a frontline role, instead of just being squishy support ships.

Email Jim Starluck
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-27 21:18   
Quote:

On 2012-07-27 12:59, Jim Starluck wrote:
While I appreciate the interest, we've got another set of plans for new ship layouts that are going to revolutionize the whole game. While it hasn't been entirely decided yet, the odds are good that Command Auras in general--and thus Command Cruisers won't be going in until then. In that event, the current ships in Beta are just test platforms for us to ensure the Aura system is functioning properly.

Also, Supply Drones on a Command Ship is a no-no.

I understand that you have other layouts.

Though one thing:
Whenever I see a dev for any game posting about a 'revolution' in the game, warning bells go off.
9/10 times the idea is badly designed or badly implemented.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-28 02:32   
i still want a ammo-refill-aura on command-ships (but without repairs)
maybe indirectly for luth through AHR

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.010529 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR