No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » [1.674] Beta Feedback
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author [1.674] Beta Feedback
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-08-04 22:31   
Hi folks,

1.674 is nearing the point in which we want to push it out. We've got some important optimisations and fixes for several things, and we feel we've held these back long enough whilst waiting for ample feedback for the balance changes we've made. Unfortunately though, we've not received ample feedback, and so we've come to a point in time where we have to consider pushing back the balance changes to a later patch so we can do more testing on them.

So I'm asking you guys to please go into beta and give us feedback prior to release so we don't have to postpone the release of the defence and torpedo changes. Unfortunately, due to the short timeframe in which they were added, auras are likely to be pushed back anyway.

The Interdictor ships themselves need an overhaul, and whilst we feel pretty confident the current auras aren't at a level in which they can be exploited, the ships themselves are quite lacklustre. But if you guys are happy enough with them, we'll see if we can get them into a more workable state before release.

Please only report bugs that are in beta. This is also not the place to make suggestions or request changes. Any feedback given which isn't constructive is likely to be ignored. If you want to make the game better and give us your opinion, be constructive, give as much information as possible - help us help you.

Things that need testing:
- New backend falloff system.
- Armor and shields.
- Engines.
- Damage Control and AHR.
- Smart projectile tracking.
- The Interdictor class ship/auras.
- New torpedoes.

PLEASE remember - we don't want suggestions, this is PURELY for feedback and bugs prior to release.

Thanks.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-08-04 22:48   
I'll do something in beta tomorrow, going to bed atm.

Though, I am happy enough that dicos are being removed that I feel that auras aren't as OP at the moment.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-05 02:58   
I started Beta. Right after I had selected faction, the window was white. Music was playing but the whole screen had been still white and I ran out of patience for waiting 3 minutes. There is a bug here: the BugReport couldn't send the report!

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-08-05 03:07   
torpedoes-
ion torpedo range feels too high. ammo is a slight hindrance in extended fights. tracking is fine and damage is very (maybe too much) stable.

6 sabot rockets feel unnecessary, and ammo feels insufficient. long cooldown is slightly annoying. the damage is great, and range is dependable.

psionic torpedoes are very short-ranged, and firing the entire salvo is slightly time taking. area of explosion is decent, and energy drain is very good.

bugs-
resources appear on planetary starports. they can be loaded onto the ship and unloaded on the planet to instantly double the resources.

OOC ring flash rate increases when near friendly ships. it is normal when away from ships, but becomes very high near a group of ai ships. also the flash of each ship seems completely synchronised.

projectiles appear to randomly insta-hit random ships on random arcs or pass through planets and ships (visual bug). damage is dealt normally.

enhancements and resources in cargo can be destroyed by area damage (infantry not affected).

new cloak device damage mechanism lets the ship cloak to 0 signature at even 100% damage to cloak device, but does not make the ship invisible.

beta server crashes randomly when doing things like swapping weapons (fusion torps for sabots) and fighting (damaging parasite with sabots w/ projectile bug)
[ This Message was edited by: Raje on 2012-08-05 03:14 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-08-05 06:40   
Quote:

On 2012-08-05 03:07, Raje wrote:
bugs-

new cloak device damage mechanism lets the ship cloak to 0 signature at even 100% damage to cloak device, but does not make the ship invisible.

working as intended per dev log,
- The Cloak gadget will no longer mask less signature depending on the damage it has taken, and will instead increase the total cloaking time.

Email Borgie
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-05 08:25   
Yeah Beta seems unstable. I tried to play in it 4 times yesterday and just changing screens it would boot me out to the "you've been disconnected, check firewall" screen.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-05 10:11   
Quote:
On 2012-08-05 06:40, Borgie wrote:
Quote:
bugs-

working as intended per dev log,
- The Cloak gadget will no longer mask less signature depending on the damage it has taken, and will instead increase the total cloaking time.

My comprehension of dev logs tells me that the setence means when the cloak gadget is damaged while active, it will extend the cloaking time - taking longer to escape cloaking status. Example: you're being hunt and heavily damaged during cloak; you need to an emergency jump but it takes quite a period to be fully functional after pressing V to uncloak, thus you're likely to be point-shot to death.

So, the bug is that the ship had been supposed to be invisible even the cloak gadget was damaged, and it should take longer to uncloak, but Raje witnessed the ship became visible although the signature was 0.

You need Kluth ally to watch whether you're invisible or not, Raje. Friendly fire is the fastest testing method.

BorgDrone4of20
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-05 10:14   
I get disconnected every time i try to load inf happened 4 times in a row

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-08-05 10:59   
Trying to load resources gets the disconnected message too, tried it 4 times just to be sure it wasn't a one time thing. I suspect it may have been a crash and not just a disconnect as I was building platforms and each time I reconnected they were gone.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-05 11:26   
Quote:

On 2012-08-05 10:59, Talien wrote:
Trying to load resources gets the disconnected message too, tried it 4 times just to be sure it wasn't a one time thing. I suspect it may have been a crash and not just a disconnect as I was building platforms and each time I reconnected they were gone.

We're already aware of this, thanks for reporting. It should be fixed when Beta updates.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-05 12:19   
Quote:

On 2012-08-04 22:31, Pantheon wrote:
Things that need testing:
- New backend falloff system.
- Armor and shields.
- Engines.
- Damage Control and AHR.
- The Interdictor class ship/auras.
- New torpedoes.

PLEASE remember - we don't want suggestions, this is PURELY for feedback and bugs prior to release.

Thanks.

can u maybe give us an idea to test, for instance, the new backend falloff system and smart projectile tracking? When i see the english words i would translate it into weapon falloff ranges have changed. So what i would think is to test firing weapons on moving targets and check the ranges from where they hit and what the damage is, see if it feels better how the projectiles dmg decrease over range.

So a report would be like:

on an ai destroyer
i fired from X1 range and did Y1 dmg, i hit Z1 percent of shots
i fired from X2 range and did Y2 dmg, i hit Z2 percent of shots

on an ai dreadnought
i fired from X1 range and did Y1 dmg, i hit Z1 percent of shots
etc

would that be statisfactory or do you need other type of info/feedback?

Ill go test now and edit this one to put in the report, but ill post this alrdy so that maybe while testing i see if im testing something useless, or need to test something in addition for the info to be useful.

edit: i need someone else to test falloff and smart tracking..the ai dont move very fast or consistent lol

- New torpedoes
UGTO - gunboat destroyer

PROTON TORPEDO:

had problems of sometimes (10% ish) firing bit torps not rendering (like the missle bug), the weapon recharges but no torps are fired or hitting. enemy hitting me just fine.

damage to a k'luth carrier hull was 20-30% for a full torp hit (4x proton)

ION TORPEDO:

kluth carrier dodges from 250gu flying towards me, 3 of 4 torps still hit.

full torp hit was 12% armor dmg, damg seem to render in 2 steps very obviously (hit and AOE), more then proton. only got 1 hull hit after some work was 30% but not sure how many particle cannons hit with it. the carrier good at running

kluth stinger:
4% armor dmg per full hit, all torps hit from 500 gu range, stinger only made a slight movement

NO problem of torps not rendering, seems proton only problem

UGTO - gunboat destroyer

i fire my aft proton cannon at a carrier from 100 gu range, the carrier dodges most projectiles, 2 hits out of alpha. at 300 gu all hit
[ This Message was edited by: Hakketak {Doran-da-man} on 2012-08-05 12:47 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-08-05 15:05   
A Particle Cannon doesn't launch a smart projectile.

Smart projectiles are fighters, missiles, and tracking torpedoes.

Defence Unit-Alpha_Matrix[48]
Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-05 15:12   
Quote:

bugs-
projectiles appear to randomly insta-hit random ships on random arcs or pass through planets and ships (visual bug). damage is dealt normally.

enhancements and resources in cargo can be destroyed by area damage (infantry not affected).

Can you please Explain this one in more detail if possible? Thank's

-Adina

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-08-05 17:03   
I feel that the blinking white OOC ring is distracting, but that might just be me.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-08-05 17:14   
Today we had 5 people in beta. We had to stop because beta crashed 9 times and all the people left.

Just randomly crashed, not loading anything or doing whatever.
[ This Message was edited by: Persistance *CO* on 2012-08-05 17:21 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021228 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR