Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » [Suggestion]Planet Management while under attack
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author [Suggestion]Planet Management while under attack
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-13 03:07   
i like it when they scrap makes me feel even more important in my command dread ^.^
[ This Message was edited by: RogueAvenger on 2012-08-13 05:00 ]

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Nicon
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-08-13 10:13   
I agree with blave plus for newer players it gives them a chance to learn bow to build plansts if they dont want to go to scen.

henry700
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-13 12:34   
Quote:

On 2012-08-12 22:35, Talien wrote:
Yup. Same as setting all the troops to raze right before a planet caps if the attackers were dumb enough to not bring a Bomber to kill them or Transports to drop their own troops.

This is what should be happening, because the drawback is it takes longer, is more realistic, isn't OP, and it wouldn't be possible to do if the infantry was all dead already, but the problem is we can simply scrap them and lose a few prestige -_-

Quote:

On 2012-08-12 22:48, deathblave*FCB* wrote:
its a sound tactic it slows large fleets gives the other side time to rally to fight back or stage a defense ive use this tactic agasnt ugto fleets all the time if u strave ur enemy enough u will win.

Also it means some poeple will have to use engy ships and combat ships will have to protect them which makes it a war not a team deathmacth from some fps game that reset afteir the round is over

It is a tactic, but it is so damn OP and unfair... If you want to protect a planet don't let it get conquered at first because that's what's going on.

And DS is VERY different from a TDM whether this gets implemented or not, But due to this tactic we can't advance very much since the planets we get are unfairly scrapped of defense, shipyards or simply farms.

I've got to admit i use this myself, but i use it because ICC uses it aswell...

Also,

http://darkspace.uservoice.com/forums/154971-general/suggestions/3071596-unable-to-manage-planet-while-under-attack

for voting/following the idea
[ This Message was edited by: henry700 on 2012-08-13 12:36 ]

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-13 15:09   
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 12:34, henry700 wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-08-12 22:35, Talien wrote:
Yup. Same as setting all the troops to raze right before a planet caps if the attackers were dumb enough to not bring a Bomber to kill them or Transports to drop their own troops.

This is what should be happening, because the drawback is it takes longer, is more realistic, isn't OP, and it wouldn't be possible to do if the infantry was all dead already, but the problem is we can simply scrap them and lose a few prestige -_-

Quote:

On 2012-08-12 22:48, deathblave*FCB* wrote:
its a sound tactic it slows large fleets gives the other side time to rally to fight back or stage a defense ive use this tactic agasnt ugto fleets all the time if u strave ur enemy enough u will win.

Also it means some poeple will have to use engy ships and combat ships will have to protect them which makes it a war not a team deathmacth from some fps game that reset afteir the round is over

It is a tactic, but it is so damn OP and unfair... If you want to protect a planet don't let it get conquered at first because that's what's going on.

And DS is VERY different from a TDM whether this gets implemented or not, But due to this tactic we can't advance very much since the planets we get are unfairly scrapped of defense, shipyards or simply farms.

I've got to admit i use this myself, but i use it because ICC uses it aswell...

Also,

http://darkspace.uservoice.com/forums/154971-general/suggestions/3071596-unable-to-manage-planet-while-under-attack

for voting/following the idea
[ This Message was edited by: henry700 on 2012-08-13 12:36 ]

its a valid tactic imo. It prevents the enemy from using your own builds against you and slows them down. Just fix the planet. Doesn't take that long to do anyway.

Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-13 17:48   
I'll take an old exemple from the 2nd WW. When the Axis started to attack the U.R.S.S (Or Russia. whoever you want to call them) they started to retreat while scrapping EVERYTHING, which, actually helped them a lot. It's not OP. It has been used In real life. And seriously, 90% of control? C'mon maybe 30% would be okay... and most of the time people only scrap the gens, tech and high valuable buildings. (I still don't understand why sometimes ICC doesn't scrap the shield gen...) I don't see why, in the future buildings can't with a simple button just blow up. You know, lot's of shows have an Auto-destruction button. I think that's kinda how it works..

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-14 14:56   
I rather not let the enemy take a good planet, I scrap it just so they had no base to work with.

Email Admiral C. Wilson
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-08-14 15:48   
Quote:

There's nothing "unfair" about it, all 3 factions do it. Bring an Engineer and rebuild it then move on to the next.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-08-14 23:39   
Quote:

On 2012-08-14 15:48, Talien wrote:
Quote:

There's nothing "unfair" about it, all 3 factions do it. Bring an Engineer and rebuild it then move on to the next.

Plus it gives you opportunities for Construction points.

henry700
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-15 13:07   
Oh well i just thought it would be a little more challenging and sometimes fair, but if you say so...

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-16 14:30   
Its our planets untill you own them. We can do whatever we want with our planets...

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-16 15:31   
Consider the following: If you're losing the planet, despite a bonus to damage in the form of planet defence and a bonus to durability in the form of Supply Bases, you're probably in very bad shape.

Do we really want to kick the weaker group down and make it even more difficult for them to engage the enemy at the capped planet?

henry700
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-16 18:18   
You guys have a point and i remember i wanted this gone, now i do not.

However there should be more difficulty in doing it than simply 3 mouse clicks and booyah instant scrap.

Ordering infantry to raze, or a self-destruct button similar to scrapping but that has some drawback would be good.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-08-16 20:31   
I'll point out again that there IS a drawback in that you lose build prestige for doing it. I've seen someone demoted after they scrapped a planet right after they ranked up, and while I'm not going to deny that I laughed my ass off when it happened I will say it's not just a dozen or so pres that you can get back in a few minutes. If you scrap an entire planet you have to build an entire planet to make up for it and for most people that's about an hour's worth of work.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.024973 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR