Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Besides combat, what else is fun in DS?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Besides combat, what else is fun in DS?
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-08-15 22:15   
Quote:

On 2012-08-14 05:36, Furiosity wrote:

what might work:

- more thrust for supply ships, maybe take off the weapons completely and add an engine...they need to be able to get away fast and dodge, while still stay in range of the ship ur supporting

Supp pilots might complain about the lack of defensive weaps. They still beams at least, for PD.

Quote:

- i like the idea of mid-space structures that have a function, maybe make the basecode same as platform, but the visual that is placed on the diamond can be changed to whatever. A resource silo holding 1 million resources for instance, or an extra effective factory, or u could expand this to a mid-space space station with modules that can be added, with of course a huge cost in resources. Maybe split up each module in a segment, so that u need 4x silo segment costing 4x 25K resources, or 8 segements for a supply module (8x 25K resources). of course there need to be a base module that has life support and living quarters to support 2 modules for instance? if u wanna add more u need a base module (build from 2 segments 25K each?). Of course the Offensive and Defensive modules can also be added muahaha. Could help keep battle more away from planets.

Interesting idea. Perhaps a new entity/noun could be created: Installations.

These babies can't be directly player controlled, but the owning individual/fleet could give it orders to jump to some location. Of course this applies to those installation that have WH or JD capabilities. Some will have them, some won't.

Modules are a good idea. These modules don't necessarily have to appear visually onscreen, but be more of "upgrades" that appear like how enhancements do on our ships ATM. Stuff like Stealth modules to reduce signature. Or Defensive modules to increase defensive firepower. Perhaps even barrack modules to produce more troops aboard for defenses/

There should be a limited number of modules allowed on the installation. Perhaps 8 or 10, so the owner(s) will have to judiciously select those most suitable for his needs or the situation. (Eg. Factory orbiting planet will need more defense and troop modules, while a hidden deep space installation might want to add more stealth modules or production increasing modules)

Of course, these installations should have massive HP and durability. Such that taking them out will entail a lot of effort from the opposing team. Defenses could work like current planetary defenses.

Capping them should work like current ship capture, but of course to a higher degree and much harder to do. You should need more effort to cap what is essentially an expensive piece of kit.

Quote:

- for planet economy u could make it so that an extractor mining and dropping resources at a planet with low resources get prestige in a new pres entry called "mining"

- factories in planets could produce fun stuff for resources, so could spacestation factory modules. Since weapon lvl 10 instead of standard lvl 1 on ur scout wasa bit OP, i suggest allowing em to produce enhancements. where a enhanced enhancement cost 10 million resources and need 120 tech, slowly taking resources from a planet per tick until the enhancement is done. Of course, by adding the idea of fleeted planet management depending on who capped the planet, this makes planet management and capping more interesting. Of course some planets need to stay open for everyone to manage just to be fair, give other players a chance to do something. also i dont think enhancements over limited could be produced at barren planets, standard at ice, improved at ocean and enhanced at terran.

downside is that a planet can be easily bombed, making it almost impossible to produce something usefull. But as we look at mv now, theres bound to be some planets maintained by your faction, especially in home system. So many planets make a lot of enhancements. Thats why i think it needs tech requirement that is as high as 120 for advanced and 10 million resources, that would take a couple of days.

I dunno abt a new resource, but anything that make planets more worth defending and capping beyond just a base for pew pew would make things more interesting.

Obviously planets are still a main source of resources. Res that are used to build ships, plats, and maybe these new installations.

But overall I hope that some kind of economy can be introduced.

Once the playerbase has some sort of ingame currency and begin to trade with each other (within their own faction... and perhaps even with opposing factions, who knows?) then you'll bring this game to a whole new level of immersion.

Currency... Money, always has that effect on a game. Think about it.

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-16 07:27   
Quote:

On 2012-08-15 22:15, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Once the playerbase has some sort of ingame currency and begin to trade with each other (within their own faction... and perhaps even with opposing factions, who knows?) then you'll bring this game to a whole new level of immersion.

Currency... Money, always has that effect on a game. Think about it.

ill think about that one, meanwhile i make the installations a suggestion. i posted without thinking (always gives me more creative ideas) then edit a bit after and see what others think. couple of days later, idea still seems good to me, so into the suggestion box it goes:)

as for currency, im thinking about space-cash. A transporter ship that would be worth defending woth some ships because of the value of its cargo arriving from point a to b. That would be the base-line for earning space cash. The installations can help with that, but ill leave em out of the picture for now.

so producing and transporting something, gives space-bucks, that can be used to buy other stoof.

The new goods should not contain weaponry or bonuses, as this allows certain OP builds. The goods should contain entries like "luxuries", "refined metals", "tools" and "machines", and each good requires specific planetary based resources. Maybe have another prestige entry called "trader", where ur profit in spacebucks * 0,1 = prestige earned.

Hypothetical case: So this planet A has many factories, and the factories are set to build luxuries and tools. This other planet B doesnt produce anything, it is heavily demanding goods. I think adding a goods demand bar on each planet is usefull now, where the greater the goods demand, the greater the profit. The goods bar shows demand for each type of goods. A player grabs a transporter and delivers 10 luxuries form planet A to planet B. the player gets 250 space bucks, translating in 25 trader prestige.

Also this could be expanded with an effect on allegiance and/or morale. the better the goods demand is met, the faster allegiance and morale rises.

there we go, an economy:P what u think shall i put in suggestion or something needs editing?

P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-08-16 14:34   
We dont need anything of this.

We need more players playing.
We need more players paying.

Invite your friends.
Invite your family.
Invite your enemies.

Use all your contacts to promote Darkspace.

If we are hundreds fighting ......

The rest don't matter.

Email P2.
unrealchu
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-17 04:03   
We can Always Shoot MI xuxuxu ... And Listen to the Epic music of the game .. for hours .. sleeping on the planets
[ This Message was edited by: unrealchu on 2012-08-17 04:04 ]

unrealchu
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-17 04:07   
And the most atractive part of the game is .. Get the Best Engineering Education .. by constucting on the planet in the Scenario server .. Millions of Hours .. What else would someone like from a game

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.027832 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR