No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » (Suggestion) MI Longhead
 Author (Suggestion) MI Longhead
Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-08-15 18:58   
Ok first thing is first - this is not a rant, i am simply suggesting something and trying to explain the situation and HUGE frustration with Every regular UGTO player. I would also like to mention that everyone appreciates the time and effort the Devs are putting into this fantastic game.

Many Ugto players have expressed how they wish something immediate was done about the MI Longhead totally destroying our SY planets but they feel as if any attempt to mention this in the forum would be totally fruitless.

The Situation - (from the viewpoints of many UGTO)
The following instance is something that i saw with my own eyes along with many other friendlys. Ugto had been pushed back by ICC from Dres Kona to the planet Aeceru. After 30 mins of building time a SY was then built on this planet by Turtle Power only for an MI Longhead to come along after 5 mins and totally destroy the planet.
Totally outnumbered by actual players and extremely frustrated = yes
Giving up = no
After a shed load more time another SY was built and low and behold along came another MI Longhead to destroy the planet SY.
By this time as you can imagine everyone playing on UGTO feel slightly annoyed to say the least.
This is not the only situation where it happens, this is a constant daily occurance and to be quite frank does not belong in a game like DS.

I mean for everything that you and others have worked for in the past hour to get a SY up and running then to have AI glass it in an instant is a total game killer.

I am sure a few ICC and Kluth will disagree with me but the way i see it is that at the moment 80% of the time battles are fought in mainly UGTO space with ICC and Kluth working together therfore UGTO will see the vast majority of MI longheads attacking their planets.

Suggestion -
Its simple, you remove the ability for Longheads to have 'one shot kills'.
Please dont give us an answer such as 'wait for the next patch' as this is a bad situation and needs sorting out right away not just for the game experience of UGTO but for ICC and Kluth also and for the future of DS as a whole.

Thanks for taking the time to read, Abbot.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-08-15 19:14   
I've no idea where the dev log entry disapeared to (seeing as I added it), but one of the changes in beta I made was specifically targetted at this.

[edit]I need glasses, it's still there:
- AI will no longer give planets with a shipyard more consideration when selecting a possible target.
[/edit]

I had look at the AI code several times before to make sure that the MI didn't target SY planets more than others, and in a sense, that was true. All AI use the same code, there's no specifics anywhere for any faction.

However, there was a function called aquireTargetPlanet() that sorted through various, weighing in distance, worth, and all that jazz, that actually increased the weight a planet had considerably if it had a shipyard on it. This function was used for all AI, not just the MI, and had been glanced over.

I have sinced removed the line that increased the weight of a planet if it had a shipyard on it. As a result, you should see a more logical progression for AI when selection a target, rather than just planets with shipyards on.

Suggestions should go on the suggestion site (see the link above the dev log).
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-08-15 19:28 ]

Page created in 0.011192 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR