No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Last minute changes to 1.680 before release?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Last minute changes to 1.680 before release?
-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-25 15:16   
since the emp's kill cloak almost instantly on luth, can the ships signature please reflect this? it says o.o but everyone and thier mom is shooting at me and I think im cloaked.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-25 21:10   
Quote:

On 2012-08-25 15:16, x DBS x wrote:
since the emp's kill cloak almost instantly on luth, can the ships signature please reflect this? it says o.o but everyone and thier mom is shooting at me and I think im cloaked.

yeah this is annoying... even making the cloak resitant to damage until hul gets below 50-75% would be as bad

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-08-25 22:05   
I can just make it so it deactivates cloak for you if the device gets destroyed?

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-25 22:16   
when my cloak breaks from EMP's, can it show a positive sig like it used to, because there are times i think im cloaked and im not...

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-25 22:18   
yes just make it so it decloaks us so i can see, that im not cloaked plz and ty

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-26 02:31   
The Cloak gadget will no longer mask less signature depending on the damage it has taken, and will instead increase the total cloaking time.

But It doesnt just take longer to hit zero signature. it makes me visable untill i die. So, can you make the cloak -vs- cloak device damage; sig based, so i know what is really going on plz. I mean i understand that you guys want to stop icc vs luth team up against ugto, and gave them EMP's. Which is an awesome def for them to keep anyone away. But, alliences are against the RSM Roc (lol) and they just teamed up with ICC, because we were forced to go after ICC. There were more Ugto than ICC, but we were directed more towards them, because uggys used EMP that after 2 alphas, shuts down most systems, aux gens, engines, jump drive, ahr, cloak. Can you please make cloak more usable or noticable. like maybe a timer, or just what i thought it would do, take longer to cloak with sig slowely dropping. i mean 0.0 sig should mean cloaked... Also, make chit armor give a resistance to EMP. It already has many draw backs. Maybe even dico ship grants resistance to certain weapons...

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-08-26 02:42   
Maybe change EMP so that it cannot damage cloak? if thats even possible.

Most of the time when ive encountered EMP cannons/torps my cloak wasnt damaged or i just jumped out after taking too much damage

And i've heard from teamates that EMP torps are dealing armor/hull damage, but this shouldnt be the case correct?

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-26 03:13   
Quote:

On 2012-08-26 02:42, |xTc| *XO* wrote:

And i've heard from teamates that EMP torps are dealing armor/hull damage, but this shouldnt be the case correct?

UGTO has 2 types of EMP inflicting weapons:
Pure EMP and Flux.

EMP itself does not do any damage to shields, hull, or armor. However, it does destroy systems. EMP cannons work by always dealing pure EMP damage, bypassing protection.

Flux devices do regular damage, but do additional EMP damage when hitting hull. In other words they are like other weapons, say a proton torp, except that when hitting hull EMP damage is also inflicted. Thus they do damage armor, hull, and shields. Examples are the flux cannon (which is actually a beam weapon), flux torp, and flux wave.

These changes allow EADs to punch through Kluth armor and disable them with a mass of flux cannons and torps.
Command dreads similarly can carry a mass of flux torps, but punching through the armor is harder if using emp cannons.
BDs will have a tough time fending off Kluth dreads, but can provide excellent emp fire support if protected.

ICC are much less affected by EMP as they have no completely crucial systems and have much less hull exposed. EMP will disrupt DPS and might knock out a few generators, but there is also the problem of EMP cannons being more short ranged, almost never scoring hits against ICC small ships.

Spicker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-26 05:26   
we all know what UGTO got ....that's not the point ....the point is that now if u decloak and get hit by a salvo of EMP u gotta jump ..cuz all your systems are acting like a 80's disco.

Hubret
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-26 06:33   
Quote:

On 2012-08-26 02:42, |xTc| *XO* wrote:
Maybe change EMP so that it cannot damage cloak? if thats even possible.

in theory, an EMP cant damage an "organic" system, it has no circuits

"oh, so why are the other kluth systems damaged by it?"

if you were to shoot lasers out of your hands, it would be with an electronic component attachment, which would be sensitive to an EMP

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-08-26 07:56   
the new EMP damaging mechanics means that big and slow ships cannot protect themselves from systems damage.

i can already see scouts and frigates armed with fast-firing EMP cannons assaulting enemy dreadnoughts and cruisers, EMP-nerfing their ships before an EAD or two jump in to kill.

and we know what happens to frigates and destroyers who try to attack the tiny friends of an EAD.

vice versa, any non-UGTO fleet which has a support station or a couple of supply ships will near-completely ignore the systems damage done by EMP gunships. the fleet will receive less damage because some chaps switched out particle cannons for EMP, and at the same time they were lucky to have a supply ship come with them as an EMP medicine + repair guy.

EMP cannons should have some ability to damage hull and armor/shields, and have their straight-to-hull subsystems damage reduced. at the same time, subsystem repair by supply ships and depots should take longer.

funny how a dreadnought's technicians cant repair a jumpdrive from 95% to full even after 15 minutes, but 5 repair drones do it in 1 moment...

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-08-26 07:57   
Quote:

On 2012-08-26 02:31, x DBS x wrote:
The Cloak gadget will no longer mask less signature depending on the damage it has taken, and will instead increase the total cloaking time.

But It doesnt just take longer to hit zero signature. it makes me visable untill i die. So, can you make the cloak -vs- cloak device damage; sig based, so i know what is really going on plz. I mean i understand that you guys want to stop icc vs luth team up against ugto, and gave them EMP's. Which is an awesome def for them to keep anyone away. But, alliences are against the RSM Roc (lol) and they just teamed up with ICC, because we were forced to go after ICC. There were more Ugto than ICC, but we were directed more towards them, because uggys used EMP that after 2 alphas, shuts down most systems, aux gens, engines, jump drive, ahr, cloak. Can you please make cloak more usable or noticable. like maybe a timer, or just what i thought it would do, take longer to cloak with sig slowely dropping. i mean 0.0 sig should mean cloaked... Also, make chit armor give a resistance to EMP. It already has many draw backs. Maybe even dico ship grants resistance to certain weapons...

Damage to any system makes it so it doesn't work. Two alphas cannot destroy all your systems. A ship needs to be hitting your hull to deal that much EMP damage.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-26 08:55   
Quote:

On 2012-08-26 07:56, Raje wrote:
funny how a dreadnought's technicians cant repair a jumpdrive from 95% to full even after 15 minutes, but 5 repair drones do it in 1 moment...

These are the same guys who can't fix your hull.

Schroedingers Gun
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-26 10:27   
sorry to sound negative, but this seems to me render smaller ICC ships even more useless, if a ugto dread can cripple any thing smaller than a dread in on alpha from systems damage i struggle to see a reason to use them

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-08-26 10:49   
Quote:

On 2012-08-26 08:55, Bardiche wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-08-26 07:56, Raje wrote:

These are the same guys who can't fix your hull.

these used to be the techies of v1.5 who could repair 10 devices in 4 minutes...

now we get oversized snails for techies...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023341 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR