No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Cloaked - being directly Targeted & killed
 Author Cloaked - being directly Targeted & killed
Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-08-30 01:32   
It's happened twice to me so far. Once in my Mandible and now in my Siphon (taking with it the last of its enh durability). While attempting to flee attack, with signature at 0, I still recieve targeted fire that I am not able to dodge or otherwise avoid. Both times were while I was in an interdictor field.

I was under the impression that cloak could not break...damage to it could only increase the amount of time required to cloak.
The death in the mandible, I was sitting in cloak and had not been in combat for nearly a minute and checking F2 screen, only to see my ship under attack when I returned to the main window. There was no combat in the immediate vicinity either (roughly 1k GU).

The last death (Siphon in R33) I demanded how I could be seen//targeted while under 0 signature cloak, and was told "they could partly see me" despite trying to use a dying UGTO station as a big meat shield to try and get some distance. I'd begun the cloak and run at 40-42% hull...some fire I'd presumed was point-targetting, but all were aimed at my center...not a side. Even after I'd put about 200 gu between myself and the station, a final blow of CL and a torpedo salvo from a Torp cruiser finished me off.
[ This Message was edited by: Entil-Zha the Starkiller on 2012-08-30 02:56 ]

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-30 03:36   
We can see ur ship trails after ur claoking device gets damaged. Once u see it damaged u better jump and wait till its fixed, doesnt matter if u have 90 hull and yes i could see cloaked ships a few times, we see them for 1 sec like it used to ping.

[ This Message was edited by: Flash. on 2012-08-30 06:15 ]

Email *Flash*
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-08-30 05:17   

Bug.

Report it.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-08-30 05:46   
Quote:

On 2012-08-30 01:32, Entil-Zha the Starkiller wrote:
I demanded how I could be seen\targeted while under 0 signature cloak, and was told "they could partly see me"

the bug is back in business...

Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-08-30 11:44   
Quote:

On 2012-08-30 03:36, Flash. wrote:
We can see ur ship trails after ur claoking device gets damaged. Once u see it damaged u better jump and wait till its fixed, doesnt matter if u have 90 hull and yes i could see cloaked ships a few times, we see them for 1 sec like it used to ping.

[ This Message was edited by: Flash. on 2012-08-30 06:15 ]

The first instance I wasn't a fireball or anything. Hull was near max and all other systems were at 100%.

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-08-30 22:00   
Cloak will still take a moment to mask your ships signature due to how we simulate the game, so pinging is will still be doable (although you're talking 20ths of a second here, so it's not going to be all that visible for long, maybe enough for someone to hit E and spacebar).

In terms of trails being visible, I still haven't managed to see this happening in-game, but is likely to be caused by some collision changes we had to make to support auras.

Unfortunately the person who has the knowledge to deal with this is not available to work on DarkSpace at the moment, but it's on our list.

Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2012-08-30 23:11   
Quote:

On 2012-08-30 05:46, Raje wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-08-30 01:32, Entil-Zha the Starkiller wrote:
I demanded how I could be seen\targeted while under 0 signature cloak, and was told "they could partly see me"

the bug is back in business...

Told ya.
I have video, too, amongst about 150gb. If someone could tell me how to cut it down to the important stuff, staff can have it, might help.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2012-08-30 23:13   
Quote:

On 2012-08-30 22:00, Pantheon wrote:
Cloak will still take a moment to mask your ships signature due to how we simulate the game, so pinging is will still be doable (although you're talking 20ths of a second here, so it's not going to be all that visible for long, maybe enough for someone to hit E and spacebar).

In terms of trails being visible, I still haven't managed to see this happening in-game, but is likely to be caused by some collision changes we had to make to support auras.

Unfortunately the person who has the knowledge to deal with this is not available to work on DarkSpace at the moment, but it's on our list.

Didn't read this first. Oh well, KLuth gets nerfed and then nerfed on top of it with cloak bugs

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-01 00:30   
Quote:

see this thread, http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=53169&forum=36&start=0 there are screen shots about this bug.
also the ship is visable and targetable untill the cloak is fixed. iwhenthe ship doesn't have a target box on them there shadow is visable clear as day.

also thought of this after i sent the thread, on our end it shows us as fully cloaked and have a sig of 0.0 so we don't know when its bugged out for us. problem with that is people will exploit that for there on personal gain.
[ This Message was edited by: Borgie on 2012-09-01 00:33 ]

Email Borgie
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-01 09:43   
Quote:

On 2012-09-01 00:30, Borgie wrote:
Quote:

see this thread, http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=53169&forum=36&start=0 there are screen shots about this bug.
also the ship is visable and targetable untill the cloak is fixed. iwhenthe ship doesn't have a target box on them there shadow is visable clear as day.

also thought of this after i sent the thread, on our end it shows us as fully cloaked and have a sig of 0.0 so we don't know when its bugged out for us. problem with that is people will exploit that for there on personal gain.
[ This Message was edited by: Borgie on 2012-09-01 00:33 ]

Happend me in the MV been target and killed when i had full cloak gadget health and about 50% hull but jd on charge lost ench durabilty due to this [dont care about the pres loss].

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2012-09-01 10:51   
I repeatedly fired on a kluth destroyer today. He was fully cloaked but all flames from hull were visible.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-01 12:50   
If this is a bug it shouldn't be fixed.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2012-09-01 13:13   
Yeah this is good for UGTO, we should keep this!

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-01 19:18   
Was an oversight on my part when I made the cloaking changes prior to this patch going out. Unfortunately, I overlooked another file which controlled the visibiliy of a ship. A fix has been commited, along with a calculation error in the gadget repair times which is also in.

You can expect a push to release tomorrow, which will include some connection changes too (nothing to phone home about, but it helps the server out and will stop it crashing out due to hitting a thread limit).
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-09-01 19:55 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-01 21:26   
Quote:

On 2012-09-01 19:18, Pantheon wrote:
Was an oversight on my part when I made the cloaking changes prior to this patch going out. Unfortunately, I overlooked another file which controlled the visibiliy of a ship. A fix has been commited, along with a calculation error in the gadget repair times which is also in.

You can expect a push to release tomorrow, which will include some connection changes too (nothing to phone home about, but it helps the server out and will stop it crashing out due to hitting a thread limit).
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-09-01 19:55 ]

thank you jack

Email Borgie
Page created in 0.023564 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR