No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » Client freezes in game
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Client freezes in game
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2012-08-30 10:40   
So I appear to have some problems in game, every so often my client just freezes up and i have to terminate its process. This happened three times in 30 minutes just now, so I think something is wrong. Yesterday everything was working just fine, and between yesterday and today two things have changed. First of all, I am no longer on my laptop screen (1600x900) but using my attached monitor (as primary display, at 1680x1050). Secondly, yesterday i spent the entire day in R33 and didnt bother looking at any other system. Today I was in Sol and Lalande and the crashes occurred when, or very closely around, I was looking at planets in R33 or zooming in on the nav map in R33. Dont know if that is related. Either way, three crashes in 30 minutes is frustrating and one EAD flew itself into a planet, so im hoping someone can help me out with this.

Thanks,
Sixkiller

Also:
I run a Intel i5 M540 @2.53 GHZ and have a Nvidia NVS 5100M video card with 512MB dedicated memory, windows 7 64bit.

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-30 12:39   
I've been having similar issues today, they haven't required closing the programme but the client's been unresponsive, for periods of about 30 sec or more, several times in the past hour of play.

As far as I can tell, these are occurring mostly within the nav screen.

Sixkiller
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-30 13:03   
Quote:

On 2012-08-30 12:39, YIIMM wrote:
I've been having similar issues today, they haven't required closing the programme but the client's been unresponsive, for periods of about 30 sec or more, several times in the past hour of play.

As far as I can tell, these are occurring mostly within the nav screen.

I checked, and it is indeed the same for me. Still this is rather game breaking for me.

Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-08-30 13:43   
Ive had this same issue, usually when spawning a ship or (of late) trying to select a shipyard. Used to happen...every...time. Now it happens less often but is still just as annoying as before. More than once I had to close the game client to get out of it.

I'm absolutely certain its not my hardware...since I had identical issues on an older machine thats half as powerful and stock (outside of the graphics).

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Totenkopf
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-30 15:38   
i can confirm that i have the same problem as you Six.

hzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-30 18:38   
yeah when you click on some other server`s system and wait like 30 seconds your client get frozen at navigation or even tactical if you switched between those 30 seconds

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-30 19:06   
Also the random server brain farts that disconnect everyone and reverse time seem to be more frequent.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-08-30 21:57   
Please check and see if there are any issues with your HDD (fragmentation of data, other programs constantly accessing disk, over-zealous anti-virus programs scanning everything that happens).

Due to a lot of the data we use being small, we hold a lot of data that isn't always in use on disk - if your HDD is slow to read this data off you will perceive a significantly larger period of 'unresponsiveness' compared to a well-kept machine that pauses for maybe a quarter of a second.

Sixkiller
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-31 10:05   
Quote:

On 2012-08-30 21:57, Pantheon wrote:
Please check and see if there are any issues with your HDD (fragmentation of data, other programs constantly accessing disk, over-zealous anti-virus programs scanning everything that happens).

Due to a lot of the data we use being small, we hold a lot of data that isn't always in use on disk - if your HDD is slow to read this data off you will perceive a significantly larger period of 'unresponsiveness' compared to a well-kept machine that pauses for maybe a quarter of a second.

These files would be in my GCQL folder right? I added an exception for this to my virus scanner, will let you know if that helps.

foks
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-31 14:09   
funny how many people got this problem, including myself , usually i rarely have it but today its wild freezing lol

Hyperforce
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2012-08-31 15:22   
I've had this problem since I started playing again which was since the hack emails went out and ive had the same problem as all of you combined eg. Freezing when moving to a different shiyard or launching/transferring a ship into new server that you are not currently in; it becomes a non responsive and has to be terminated Via Task Manager also when i select a different a server within the MV from the map screen and sometimes it just freezes randomly but main things ones are when switching SY or Selecting a planet within a server upon a fresh connection to the MV and attempting to launch from a location outside of server in which you initially connect to by default,therefor already being inside and having no need to select a different planet within a different server/sub-server within the collective (Metaverse/MultiVerse) its smooth as sails so to speak

hopefully thats somewhat coherant.
(lil Cooked) >=]

Goto the website of Hyperforce
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-01 02:01   
Quote:

On 2012-08-30 21:57, Pantheon wrote:

I have the SY freeze issues from time to time as well. I can tell you its not my Hard Drive transfer speeds for sure as my boot drive where DS is installed is a SATA III SSD(that is optimized and runs fine). Not a Huge issue, but would be nice if it could get fixed at some point.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Brutality on 2012-09-01 02:18 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-02 10:37   
I uninstalled DS a short time ago. Then I downloaded and just installed last week (without playing). And today I updated to version 1.690 and the game crashed after 30 seconds in navigation screen.

I have encoutered this issue before rarely, but today it has kept happening from time to time.

I wanna report the problem but the bug report has failed to deliver the report!
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-09-02 10:54 ]

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-02 12:31   
I'm looking into the freeze issue... if you have any hints as to what you are doing when it's freezing, it would be appreciated.

Goto the website of Faustus
Sixkiller
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-03 05:21   
Quote:

On 2012-09-02 12:31, Faustus wrote:
I'm looking into the freeze issue... if you have any hints as to what you are doing when it's freezing, it would be appreciated.

I have sent some bug reports about it, dont know if those will help. But I think it has to do with accessing info (nav or camera) on a system that is run on another server.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022067 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR