No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Alliences
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Alliences
Ryan-Leader of Lantians
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-31 19:21   
As a growing problem in the Darkspace community, factions being pushed to their spawn galaxies by factions teaming up.

Each faction has their own unique abilites-
-icc range
-ugto strong arrmor
-k'luth massive damage
The combination of only 2 of these factions is devistaing to who ever is on the opposing end. This problem is pushing people of guiting, ragequiting, and factions losing players. Even though it is not a major problem at the moment, it can become one. The devs will probably close this so no one can comment and i know everyone has their opinions, some good, others not so much.
I wrote this to get their attention on the problem hoping they would understand and try to figure soemthing out. Even though there is no rule about it.

I did not write this fourm because i am ugto, or icc, or k'luth just to get people aware of the problem.
[ This Message was edited by: Ryan-Leader of Lantians on 2012-08-31 19:51 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-08-31 19:45   
It happens all the time, it's not really an issue. Nothing that can be done about it by staff anyway since there's no rule against it.

Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-08-31 19:59   
The only way I see to prevent alliances would be 24/7 observation by admins and the threat of an extended ban to prevent alliances, no matter the degree of cooperation, ie both shooting at the same target even. This game does not have the staff to be doing that. It's not a game backed by (tens) millions of dollars that could have people PAID and tasked to be watchdogs, with the omnipotent power of a Game Master. What staff there is, they work on this game in their spare time.

Also, alliances can and DO occur on other games as well, whether they are space combat or not, small time (like this one), or MMOs that literally have thousands of players on at any one time on numerous servers, with millions of players world wide.

This is not the first time there have been alliances between factions in DarkSpace. More than once its been any of the possible combinations: UGTO/ICC vs K'luth....K'luth/UGTO vs ICC, etc. Additionally this does NOT mean that the allied factions never fight one another, and not all players on the factions are required to "sign here" that they will never fire on the faction that theirs is aligned with. Put simply, they are alliances of convenience, so when the "enemy" faction shows up, the "allied" factions may stop killing one another, deal with the threat, and if that threat is defeated, then go back to killing one another (though certainly not the case 100% of the time).

Perhaps it should added in a clearly definded place that Gameplay May Change During Online Play, like nearly every other online game has as a disclaimer...even though I've only really noticed that disclaimer on games with both SP and MP.

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-31 20:00   
Sounds like UGTO is a little butthurt. Allegiances are perfectly legal and allowed by the games Rules of Conduct.

See Section:

3.3.3 Allegiance
KEEP IN MIND THAT AN ALLIANCE OF 2 SIDES TO ATTACK A 3RD IS PERFECTLY LEGAL!

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-08-31 20:08   
pretty sure this is about the nearly constant alliance between icc/kluth
we both have a common goal, killing ugto!
when you ugto isnt on....we still slaughter eachother!

Ryan-Leader of Lantians
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-31 20:13   
i have nothing against you two,but i know you two would say something.

I am glad you used diffrent senerios, but in a game with little people, having factions turn on only one faction is not fun if they only have 4 people online.usualy it ust to be icc and ugto would fight and k'luth would pick off the weak ships on ether faction.
as the game progresses it is turing into a diffrent game, many things are changing and new or same people are joining. Factions joining togeather to push back a faction to another server or all the way back to there spawn gate, is not fun at all if that faction does not get enough people to strike back.
That faction may get a chance when the other factions are offline or only have like 2 people on.

Keep giving opinions so we can get over this problem.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-31 20:19   
its not exactly ICC/Kluth Vs UGTO

it when kluth hits ICC, UGTO arn't around to see the action
But when Kluth hits UGTO ICC will barge in aswell
and know how kluth jsut cloaks, then we all hti the target we can easily kill instead of a ship that we know is gonna disappear

Kluth always picks off the weakest and/or the lone target

So if UGTo is being picked off, THen ICC is already pwning them
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-08-31 20:34   
Last time I was in the MV, it was Luth/UGTO vs ICC.

But any way, alliances like that are allowed and always will be, but remember that those alliances are unenforceable, there's no authority to keep it binding, and any player can shoot at any enemy regardless of his teammates alliance. I've never seen an alliance last more than 15 minutes anyway.

Email Walrus of Apathy
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-01 00:27   
Quote:

On 2012-08-31 20:08, |xTc| *XO* wrote:

not just that, we just really despise rsm, so teaming up to kill them and piss em off at the same time is wonderful

Email Borgie
Havick86*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-01 01:39   
Someone got their station blown up haha.
Join ICC my dear mushroom spammer... we have a 401k plan

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-01 01:54   
Quote:

On 2012-09-01 00:27, Borgie wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-08-31 20:08, |xTc| *XO* wrote:

not just that, we just really despise rsm, so teaming up to kill them and piss em off at the same time is wonderful

+1 to this!! the more the merrier!

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2012-09-01 05:18   
Quote:

On 2012-08-31 20:00, Chewy Squirrel wrote:
Sounds like UGTO is a little butthurt. Allegiances are perfectly legal and allowed by the games Rules of Conduct.

See Section:

3.3.3 Allegiance
KEEP IN MIND THAT AN ALLIANCE OF 2 SIDES TO ATTACK A 3RD IS PERFECTLY LEGAL!

Im perfectly aware of alliances being legal, and I think they are usefull in-game. However, I think players should be reasonable when starting an alliance. When UGTO is almost pushed out of the server and has only 2 players on, it doesn't really make sense for the 4 ICC and 3 Kluth to join up and fight those 2. This is what is happening a lot lately, and I find that very frustrating. Either alliance to make a fight fare (and last, and be fun) or just fight everyone.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-01 09:41   
FYI i dont ally with ugto/icc i attack the one with larger numbers...
but truste me if icc have 10 ppl on and ugto only 4 and theres a damaged ugto dread 300 gu infront of me.... im going to kill it...

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-01 10:51   
Its not a gameplay issue that you get pushed back to spawn galaxies. This is supposed to happen should you not be able to defend your systems.

Infact, the true end goal of the MV right now is capturing everything. How players go about doing that is entirely up to them as long as its within the bounds of the RoC.

-Ent

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-02 00:21   

Alliances are always temporary and borne out of convenience. Once the common enemy is defeated, you will usually see the alliance collapse and the allies turn on each other at the earliest opportunity.

It has happened time and again. And it will continue to happen.

Eg: ICC and Kluth team up to push UGTO out of a system. Once that goal is accomplished, Kluth turns on ICC and they end up fighting each other while UGTO recovers and reorganize themselves.

Eg: ICC and UGTO teams up to push Kluth out of a system. Once that happens, UGTO turns on ICC.... etc etc etc.

It happens ALL of the time.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024698 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR