No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » my computer sucks :(
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author my computer sucks :(
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-09-10 13:26   
You should never max out your power supply, to be safe you'd need one that supplies more than your computer uses. Personally I'd never install anything that would take my power supply within 50 watts of it's max capacity.

Basically you need a new power supply. I'd suggest nothing lower than 300 watts, or even 350-400 if you plan on upgrading any other components before getting a completely new system.

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-10 14:55   
Quote:

On 2012-09-10 13:26, Talien wrote:
You should never max out your power supply, to be safe you'd need one that supplies more than your computer uses. Personally I'd never install anything that would take my power supply within 50 watts of it's max capacity.

Basically you need a new power supply. I'd suggest nothing lower than 300 watts, or even 350-400 if you plan on upgrading any other components before getting a completely new system.

then this is probably why my graphics card wont run, why it says that it doesnt have enough resources. ram, again, could be the problem too. i will research how much a new power supply is and install it in this computer. now how to install that? i guess i'll have to research that too.

@furiosity
good question. when you do the math, there is not enough power for everything else, or enough power for the graphics card. as i mentioned above, thats probably why my graphics card wont work. the rest of the computer is taking up too much power to run the graphics card.

i think talien and furiosity figured out my graphics card problem, not enough power (or possibly ram but still.....). although there is still one thing i dont get, how come i was able to run DS with the current hardware i have before everything went downhill? other than that, problem solved. thanks everyone that helped. (i know i said that a million times, especially to challenger, but i cant say thanks enough)

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-11 06:00   
you prolly just used on board video card before

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-11 10:59   
Quote:

On 2012-09-11 06:00, -domedi- wrote:
you prolly just used on board video card before

Then i wonder why its not working now.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-09-11 14:43   
Yeah.....if you aren't very tech savvy you may want to find someone who's familiar with computers to install a new power supply. It's not very easy to mess it up but it's possible, and that would cause problems.

I see you're also in Michigan. If you're near the Detroit area I can probably set it up for you once you get everything you need.

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-11 17:24   
Quote:

On 2012-09-11 14:43, Talien wrote:
Yeah.....if you aren't very tech savvy you may want to find someone who's familiar with computers to install a new power supply. It's not very easy to mess it up but it's possible, and that would cause problems.

I see you're also in Michigan. If you're near the Detroit area I can probably set it up for you once you get everything you need.

yeah, i dont want my computer to go up in flames my aunt can probably install it since shes pretty familiar, although im not too sure. she lives like right here, a couple blocks away. i do live near the Detroit area, in wayne county. (i think that counts as the Detroit area) if i cant find anyone else i could pm you and have you come over. btw, i never knew you lived so close (close enough anyways).

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-09-11 18:07   
Wayne County isn't TOO far, so yeah, just send me a PM if you can't find anyone nearby to help.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.011748 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR