No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Better way of buying / attaching enhancements
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Better way of buying / attaching enhancements
Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-09-11 16:07   
Just wondering if any work is / will be getting done on the long drawn out, frustrating way in which we currently buy / load / attach enhancements.

The other day i noticed my ead had no enhancements so i found the nearest SY and docked to buy some more.
Enhancements bought i then proceded to load them (only 4 allowed at a time with ead) only to find out i couldnt due to the fact i already had 4 infantry onboard, i then had to spawn, eject inf, redock, load 4 of my chosen enhancements, spawn to fit attachments, dock yet again, load another 4 enhancements, spwan again to fit enh then load the inf i had to eject.

I feel this could be made much more simple to use rather than the current mess ie being able to buy / attach / eject enhancements on the 1 screen without having to get rid of any inf and dock / spawn 23 million times.

Anyone else feel the same?
[ This Message was edited by: *Abbot* on 2012-09-11 16:09 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-09-11 18:25   
Being able to manage enh from the garage would be nice but it's not really that big a deal to drop inf on a planet then pick them back up after fitting enh. Yes it's annoying, especially when there's combat going on in the MV and you have to waste time unloading, docking, loading, installing, docking, loading, and installing again, but it only takes a couple minutes and there's other things that are more important for devs to work on.

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-11 19:20   
Quote:

On 2012-09-11 18:25, Talien wrote:
Being able to manage enh from the garage would be nice but it's not really that big a deal to drop inf on a planet then pick them back up after fitting enh. Yes it's annoying, especially when there's combat going on in the MV and you have to waste time unloading, docking, loading, installing, docking, loading, and installing again, but it only takes a couple minutes and there's other things that are more important for devs to work on.

+1
both you and abbot are right, but, as you said, there are more important thing the devs need to do. sure, this feature is more convenient, and possibly more user friendly, but, again, i'd rather have bugs fixed and more balancing done.

[ This Message was edited by: jimjim578 on 2012-09-11 19:21 ]

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-11 23:11   
yeah making the one source of income for the game more efficient to the player base. Why would they wanna do that? lol

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-09-11 23:12   
While I definitely agree that it should all be able to be done in the ship selection screen, we do have bigger prioritys at the moment.

And you think doing it for dreads is bad, try putting 8 advanced's on a scout, had to redock a ridicolous amount of times to get them all. Well worth the time though.

Email Walrus of Apathy
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-11 23:30   
Quote:

On 2012-09-11 23:12, Walrus of Apathy wrote:
While I definitely agree that it should all be able to be done in the ship selection screen, we do have bigger prioritys at the moment.

And you think doing it for dreads is bad, try putting 8 advanced's on a scout, had to redock a ridicolous amount of times to get them all. Well worth the time though.

What Nec said. If it concerns creds and enh, you should try to make it a smoother experience for the paying gamers. I've put up a suggestion once with Jack about an improved SY/Ship selection screen.

Gameplay or balancing issues isn't always everything. Sometimes the little things matter. Sometimes the little things are the one that players will appreciate more.

Approach the thing from another angle. Don't look at it like a mathematician, with all the figures and charts and tables. Don't look at it like a developer. See the game from a player's perspective.

Quote:

On 2012-09-11 23:11, Necrotic wrote:
yeah making the one source of income for the game more efficient to the player base. Why would they wanna do that? lol

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-09-11 23:32 ]

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-12 01:38   
I'd rather have them fix the server crashes and such first kenny, but thats just me.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-12 05:29   
Quote:

On 2012-09-12 01:38, Fatal Brutality [CE] *COM* wrote:
I'd rather have them fix the server crashes and such first kenny, but thats just me.

Naw I wasn't talking abt that.

I was hoping they take a short break from the numbers tweaking and give us all some new eye candy for a change of pace.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-12 07:25   
other issues, and tweeking balance has been an on going thing for what? Ten years now?

I think this should be squeezed in. And release some of those new trail colors.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-12 07:48   
How would you guys propose we make it, then?

Totenkopf
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-12 07:58   
Trail colors...uu i like how that sound but id rather see we could buy more garrage slots for ships.

P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-09-12 08:29   
Quote:

On 2012-09-11 23:30, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Approach the thing from another angle. Don't look at it like a mathematician, with all the figures and charts and tables. Don't look at it like a developer. See the game from a player's perspective.

+1

You are quite right.
Too many engine experts, weapons experts, experts on tactics and many other things.
But few see the player's perspective, it just want plain fun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe this is the problem with the game.

Too experts made the game excessively technically.
All they care about how they use the weapons.
All they care about the shields work.
As the maps affect their interests.

Guys, we have taken the game to a level that only a few will end up enjoying, the rest is going to other places to play.

[ This Message was edited by: P2. on 2012-09-12 10:18 ]

Email P2.
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-12 10:09   
This is not currently possible without significant work due to the way we store ships/garages.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2012-09-12 11:06   
Quote:

On 2012-09-12 10:09, Pantheon wrote:
This is not currently possible without significant work due to the way we store ships/garages.

I dont mind the current system all that much anyway, its just something you have to do once and then enjoy for months. However more garage space would be nice. I know it has already been expanded once, but I really like the option of paying for having even more space. This would also bring in some more cash (something I think is always needed for this game)

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-09-12 11:09   
Quote:

On 2012-09-12 08:29, P2. wrote:
Guys, we have taken the game to a level that only a few will end up enjoying, the rest is going to other places to play.

Only problem with making it fun for average joe gamer is you will invariably get a few people who figure out how to play the system and end up with huge advantages. Take for an example back when you could freely mod ships and ended up with "best ship" layouts that nobody could touch.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025098 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR