No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » New models in beta. Feedback required.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author New models in beta. Feedback required.
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-26 17:21   

The new models are in beta, and require feedback. I'm planning on getting a K'Luth dreadnought in there too, but need more time before that's in, but we will make sure there's something for everyone.

Just need thoughts on the feedback so far.

Known issues:
* Weapon placements haven't been updated yet, so beams firing in the middle of space will happen. These will be fixed before we release them.
* Illumination maps are disabled due to the fact that with shaders enabled, they act akin to the sun and overpower whatever texture they're illuminating. Once this is fixed, I'll add these to the ships.

Both models are in beta currently and free to be tested.

Thank you to Light of Aurora and Kenny Naboo. Kenny especially for the hard work put into making these, and whom continues to want to improve existing ships and design new ones.

Thanks.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-09-26 20:47 ]

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2012-09-26 17:45   
I plan on an extensive test on that lovely ICC Dread =D

Email UnknownWarrior
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-26 17:54   
does beta profile still update on login?

Really want to see these new ships.. If it updates, guess thats good motivation to get back to fa.. Fa will give me access to all the ships i used to use anyway

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-26 18:05   
Use "Update Beta Profile" just below "Development Log" on the menu.

Alternatively, I can give those wanting to give them a whirl FA in beta .

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-09-26 18:07   
Very nice for the ICC AD. UGTO EAD I am a little Scetchy<- Spelling fail
According to the original post in which that ship was presented it was suggested as a Command dread type. But if you feel it shall fill the role as the new EAD hull type then so be it. My personal thought's would be that Hull for a Command dread and the proposed (In the original post) EAD would look better and suit it more. See post Jane's Fighting Ships(2272 edition) EAD would look better as the (Assault /battle) Type

On a side note Im still Hopeing to see the Archangel In DS i really love that design. Can be found under ICC Ships (Typhon,Archangel,Achilles,Athena)

[ This Message was edited by: Ray*CO* on 2012-09-26 18:10 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-26 18:10   
The Harbinger hull was originally designed to be the new EAD, Kenny may have mislabed the two of them - I'm not sure. I'm deffinitely in favour of adding Kenny's second ICC Dread hull into the game, and kind of have it penned towards the Missile Dread as I feel it would personally suit that role much better than a command one.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-09-26 18:11 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-26 18:15   
they are defenitly nice. i mean you see this ship than go back to old model, then you ntoice all the texture errors and the modek aint perfectly symitrical

This is really a nice change, can't wait tilw e get more

Good job to kenny and the staff who worked to put the ships in DS

19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-26 18:22   
These are FAR more optimised and better models than the originals. I cannot tell you just how un-optimised and poorly meshed the others are. Most ICC will be aware at just how 'holey' some of the models are.

Not to mention that all of these ships have a single texture mesh, so you have a lot less trashing when a new ship gets cached, just one block of texture and you're done. This also has the added benefit of having a much more unified feel to how the ship is texture (as you'll notice).

Kenny did a great job of fixing up LoA's models, and his own are spectacular.

I've got my eye on the Pincer next, but unfortunately it has a few mesh issues that need fixing before I can get it into the game. I'll have a look at maybe getting the 'ICC Carrier Dread' hull into the game, but I'm not sure if this should be used for the Command or Missile Dread.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-09-26 18:24   
Quote:

On 2012-09-26 18:10, Pantheon wrote:
The Harbinger hull was originally designed to be the new EAD, Kenny may have mislabed the two of them - I'm not sure. I'm deffinitely in favour of adding Kenny's second ICC Dread hull into the game, and kind of have it penned towards the Missile Dread as I feel it would personally suit that role much better than a command one.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-09-26 18:11 ]

I would agree with Adding his/her secound ICC dread as well. Also makeing it a missle dread would be a good idea, But that might require Removeing the Fighter Launch/landing area Otherwise would be a missle ship with Random Fighter luanch/landing area.

Hyperforce
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2012-09-26 18:30   
omg yes u did it downloading beta update immediately

Goto the website of Hyperforce
Hyperforce
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2012-09-26 18:38   
if u could change my beta account to FA for testing purposes id greatly appreciate it. thankyou

Goto the website of Hyperforce
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-26 18:44   
Executor class feels much more fitting for a Command Dreadnought, doesn't seem as agressive as others and it lacks openings for fighters.

While the current UGTO Dread model is far from optimized, in my opinion it has one of the best designs of this game. Is it possible for someone to recreate the current models, but optimizing them and cleaning/fixing them up? The current UGTO Dread model still works for a Battle or Battle/Carrier hybrid dread, as it does have hangars near the bottom front while retaining a semiagressive look. Kenny's other UGTO Dread model could work nicely for Battle or Assault. Also, is there a copy of the Harbinger Dread by LoA which Kenny could edit? Finally, we need a UGTO dread with UGTO's trademark horizontal engine pylons .

As for the ICC, his second ICC dread would seem more fitting for Command, in my opinion. The current missle dread model's pylons work better for missles rather than fighters. His AD model looks nice, will take a closer look soon.

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-26 18:57   
The ICC one is a lot different then other ICC models. I have always liked the boxy look of the ICC ships. This looks like ICC is build newer more high tech ships. Going to have a play with it in beta, see how it is. These new models should come with new descriptions in game as well, maybe even slight tweaks to what they have as well.

Can we get like, a dedicated ship spanwer? I can never spawn large ships in beta, because there is nowhere to spawn them. I don't get much time to play this as is, I don't want to have to build up a planet or shuttle resources for half an hour just to TEST a ship.
[ This Message was edited by: Whiterin on 2012-09-26 19:20 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-26 19:36   
Quote:

On 2012-09-26 18:44, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Executor class feels much more fitting for a Command Dreadnought, doesn't seem as agressive as others and it lacks openings for fighters.

While the current UGTO Dread model is far from optimized, in my opinion it has one of the best designs of this game. Is it possible for someone to recreate the current models, but optimizing them and cleaning/fixing them up? The current UGTO Dread model still works for a Battle or Battle/Carrier hybrid dread, as it does have hangars near the bottom front while retaining a semiagressive look. Kenny's other UGTO Dread model could work nicely for Battle or Assault. Also, is there a copy of the Harbinger Dread by LoA which Kenny could edit? Finally, we need a UGTO dread with UGTO's trademark horizontal engine pylons .

As for the ICC, his second ICC dread would seem more fitting for Command, in my opinion. The current missle dread model's pylons work better for missles rather than fighters. His AD model looks nice, will take a closer look soon.

The current EAD model in beta IS the Harbinger model.

Critus
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-26 19:42   
To be honest i find the icc AD ugly, is like a fat cd dread, the ugto EAD look great nice job!!!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.017290 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR