No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » subscription version?
 Author subscription version?
gg14155
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-03 01:26   
I love the fact that darkspace is completely free, as im sure everyone else does. But i wouldnt mind paying for it if it ment more content.
I feel the game has so much more potential. I like the game as it is, and i understand all the veteran players who want it to stay the way it is. So leave it the way it is, for free, and maybe make a subscription version with a little more content.
It seems like one problem for the dev team is that there isnt enough people/resources to comfortably expand the game. That is were the credits come in, but i here many people dont buy them anymore.
Now im not one of those noobs who says, i want megga lasers, and super this, with screen shakeing. I know what the feel of darkspace is and it should stay that way. But my point focuses on adding more factions, more ships, more star systems. Instead of one scenario with a few different missions and outcomes, lets have multiple scenarios. What happens after the icc-ugto war? Before?
If there was an understandable fee, $4-5 a month, there would be a comfortable amount of money to work with. With more content, players could get more into the game, make it more of a habit, and even start buying credits more often.

Let me know the pros and cons of this idea so we can work on it, because i think if just some of my idea were taken into consideration this game could be expanded upon, and made even better than it already is.

[ This Message was edited by: gg14155 on 2012-10-03 01:28 ]

Email gg14155
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-10-03 01:50   
if you want to support the game, just keep buying credits (even if you dont need them)

and if you want to significantly support the game, volunteer to become a dev (you need C++ code knowledge, lua coding knowledge and probably some real coding experience)

and premium content.. think of enhancements and ally ships as premium content for now. you also have fleet levelling and fleet insigniae. and having credits also gives you the premium ability to transfer them to other people

i wonder who told you that people dont buy credits. its just a guess, but about 80-100 people have opted to automatically purchase credits every month/3months/6months (check the wikipage "Credits" for more details).

another guess, eledore massis probably has 3-5 subscriptions active at the moment

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-03 02:04   
Buy credits and remember this game is held up, in the devs spare time. Tell your friends about the RTS space combat sim. Most games out are turn based and i hate turn based. Do you like standing in lines, ya i dont either... I think mods should fly around least 1 per faction per day, and award bonus pres or credits to new players when they are being a team mate. or, allow top rank players to suggest a new player gets pres for his efforts... I believe when I played in 2003-4 pres could be awarded. I know I had someone give me 1 million credits for helping. I know these where not (game credits) at the time, but it made me feel welcomed...

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-10-03 15:01   
Quote:

On 2012-10-03 02:04, -DBS wrote:
Buy credits and remember this game is held up, in the devs spare time. Tell your friends about the RTS space combat sim. Most games out are turn based and i hate turn based. Do you like standing in lines, ya i dont either... I think mods should fly around least 1 per faction per day, and award bonus pres or credits to new players when they are being a team mate. or, allow top rank players to suggest a new player gets pres for his efforts... I believe when I played in 2003-4 pres could be awarded. I know I had someone give me 1 million credits for helping. I know these where not (game credits) at the time, but it made me feel welcomed...

Buy credits you dont need, pass them to noobs, and then invite those noobs to be in a group with you and then go forth and dont suck. With this you can personally help keep the game running.

Ive found from experience though that if you try to explain everything to someone 9 time out of 10 they run away and you never see them again. Now my motto is to let people make their own mistakes and only give information relative to the question asked and then if they seem to have figured it out and are looking for some action I pass them a group invite.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-04 04:06   
This game had virtually no players towards the end of its subscription based days. I did originally suggest a split free/subscription based model in my F2P suggestion thread (that surprisingly worked) here but Faustus ultimately decided to make the game 100% free with purchasable enhancements , so I doubt anything will change in the near future.

Although I would still definitely pay a nominal monthly fee for extra garage slots, ship appearance customization, and a higher enh drop rate.
[ This Message was edited by: Chewy Squirrel on 2012-10-04 04:06 ]

Hyperforce
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2012-10-04 07:09   
Quote:

Although I would still definitely pay a nominal monthly fee for extra garage slots, ship appearance customization, and a higher enh drop rate.

For this i would pay also

Goto the website of Hyperforce
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-04 09:50   
Quote:

On 2012-10-04 07:09, Hyperforce wrote:
Quote:

For this i would pay also

so will i
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Page created in 0.015000 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR