No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Lag / desnyc
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Lag / desnyc
ssmiro
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-10-08 17:23   
Since 2 days I am experiencing amssive desync / lag.

I see ships which do not move for minutes, I enemies not moving but even if I fire at them wont get killed.

Now the trick is changing to a different server and then back to the one I was initially everything seems to be fine for a while. But then it starts again. Odd..

Well then I changed the faction to a different one. All of a sudden everything is smooth and fine. Everything works as expected... ships get damage I get damage.... so far so good.

Changing back everything seems to be fine and after a while it starts again... WTH is going on?

+=Nemesis
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-08 18:14   
I have the same problem the last 3-4days and mostly wen that happen found my ship with 5hull and enh destroy one life is getting very annoy today lost a stat and a mandi and siphon grrrrr

http://www.argo.hac-virtual.org/index.php

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-10-08 19:10   
Please make sure you have multi-core disabled in setup.

There's no reason other than your computer and/or internet that would cause the lag/desync. The factions make no difference.

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-09 06:23   
same here...

Email *Flash*
Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-10-09 15:25   
And here ........

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-09 15:40   
1st of all my EAD disapeard from my garrage and im not the only one, next day i have 2 Ead`s in garrage ( one with 100 hull and the other with 6 hull) same enhacemets and same durability.

Email *Flash*
Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-10-09 17:13   
I've also had the same problem.

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-10 04:03   
so were talking about a noticable difference in synch that started recently?

i only noticed hickups when i attack enemy players inside an enemy ai field, but that just lag. (1 sec between rendering movement, so the whole mv fast forwards a sec each sec then stands still again and i cant hit moving target over 200 gu with particle cannons.)

Also about 0,3 sec more desynch, where if i fire torps just in time on enemy ship going towards me, They hit in my screen but dont deal dmg because actually im alrdy behind the enemy player and therefor could have never fired my torps.

this has been recent, about a week

[ This Message was edited by: -domedi- on 2012-10-10 04:06 ]

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-10-10 10:04   
I get disconnected from MV fairly regilarly(every 40 mins or so)and I'm unable to reconnect for about 5-10 minutes. It's been like this for awhile now.

Not sure if its just my connection, because this happens to several of my teammates also.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-10-10 13:52   
Quote:

On 2012-10-10 10:04, |xTc|-ExisT *XO* wrote:
I get disconnected from MV fairly regilarly(every 40 mins or so)and I'm unable to reconnect for about 5-10 minutes. It's been like this for awhile now.

Not sure if its just my connection, because this happens to several of my teammates also.

What he said

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-10 15:09   
I never get lag at all unless we're talking a huge battle battle with many missiles flying all over so is it the server or individual people?

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-10 16:38   
Quote:

On 2012-10-10 10:04, |xTc|-ExisT *XO* wrote:

When this happens I find that exiting the gcql client and reloading it fixes the unable to connect to server issues.

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-11 13:23   
Quote:

On 2012-10-08 17:23, ssmiro wrote:
Since 2 days I am experiencing amssive desync / lag.

I see ships which do not move for minutes, I enemies not moving but even if I fire at them wont get killed.

Now the trick is changing to a different server and then back to the one I was initially everything seems to be fine for a while. But then it starts again. Odd..

Well then I changed the faction to a different one. All of a sudden everything is smooth and fine. Everything works as expected... ships get damage I get damage.... so far so good.

Changing back everything seems to be fine and after a while it starts again... WTH is going on?

I think somehow the synchronization of the server and clients is messing up. I find that at times I'll fire shots at enemies only to find that they take no damage at all and at other times they'll take damage just fine.

As of recent people keep claiming I'm lagging a lot when I'm not. I have between a 75-150 ms ping 99% of the time.

I think the problem comes in when I'm doing a lot of quick evasive movements with my smaller or medium sized ships. As I fly at high speed and do my left to right to left to right dodging to make myself harder to hit a lot of people complain all of a sudden that I'm lagging.

I'm guessing that as im doing quick dodging movements the server has a hard time extrapolating my movements ahead of time to keep up with my location. This causes desync and as desync gets worse some enemies shots im willing to bet look like they hit me but on my end I dodged the shots so no damage.

This leads me to believe that when shots do no damage its because even though the server makes it look like you got hit graphically you actually dodged the shots. So this issue seems to be the servers fault.

Honestly gets annoying when I prefer to do a lot of quick evasive moves and I get accused of excessive lagging by people who claim I shouldn't be able to play because of my lag even though I'm not lagging.(like two face) I find this extremely annoying.

bit_junkie
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-11 13:52   
I have all these issues as well, the "lag" , the random disconnects etc etc.

ssmiro
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-10-11 14:37   
Quote:

On 2012-10-08 19:10, Pantheon wrote:
Please make sure you have multi-core disabled in setup.

There's no reason other than your computer and/or internet that would cause the lag/desync. The factions make no difference.

Yes, multi core is OFF and still the same.

... and Yes, it even happens on other server if you are long enough on.

oddly DS is the only game which seems not to work correctly anymore.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028770 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR