No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Question
 Author Question
P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-10-11 09:17   
Is there any way to know what times the players are playing?

It happens many times that when I enter the game there are very few but clearly at some times there are many more.

When there are few players or no players are playing, you get bored and you leave.

It would be good to know the amount of players that connect at different times and in wich faction.

Sometimes happen what there are many players in other factions. This is not good because you can't play, only can die continuosly.

Nor does look in the chat room because they're in the chat room but are not always playing.

Email P2.
Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-10-11 09:51   
Was gonna say look in the chat room but it sends like you've tried that so basically no. you can enter everyone who normally plays your faction into your friends list and then /friend list to get a list of which friends are online but it will only tell you if they are in the meets server chat room not if they are actually in a ship.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-10-11 10:00   
Quote:

On 2012-10-11 09:51, Scorched Soul[+R][Help] wrote:
Was gonna say look in the chat room but it sends like you've tried that so basically no. you can enter everyone who normally plays your faction into your friends list and then /friend list to get a list of which friends are online but it will only tell you if they are in the meets server chat room not if they are actually in a ship.

Not only that but you can not know if they are in MV, Scenario or Beta. It's frustrating.

Email P2.
jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-11 10:51   
I normally see (well the server says "medium" but still...) a lot of players in the metaverse between 3pm and 9pm est. but that's only when im able to look at the servers.

[ This Message was edited by: jimjim578 on 2012-10-11 10:54 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-11 10:52   
I don't think we display the number of people on each faction in-game is because some people would just join whatever faction has the most at the time. I mean, people can just spend the extra 6 minutes of effort checking every faction anyway so this argument can go in either way

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-11 11:58   
Quote:

On 2012-10-11 10:52, Fattierob wrote:
I don't think we display the number of people on each faction in-game is because some people would just join whatever faction has the most at the time. I mean, people can just spend the extra 6 minutes of effort checking every faction anyway so this argument can go in either way

Last time i did that, Two face said he'd report me for spying lmao XD
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-10-11 12:25   
Quote:

There is no way to restrict by name ?
If a player enters a faction, that can not change for some time, maybe one hour or two hours. ?

Email P2.
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-10-11 13:25   
sometimes when nobody is on my faction and nobody responds to my /y hi, I use my alts to check all the factions.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-10-12 08:52   
How about, if the player is actually playing, have something after their name status ex, "Chatting in MetaVerse, playing on "Orion". Or something along those lines.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-10-12 09:15   
Quote:

On 2012-10-11 12:25, P2. wrote:
Quote:

There is no way to restrict by name ?
If a player enters a faction, that can not change for some time, maybe one hour or two hours. ?

1) Join MV room.
2) Ask what has highest percentage.
3) Join that faction.

Any system displaying population can be abused.

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-10-12 11:03   
There's been discussion for years about putting in 24 hour faction lock to keep people from relogging to join the faction with the most people. Why haven't we done this yet?

Email Walrus of Apathy
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-12 11:20   
why not just lock the factions and leave the one with less number open..pretty much like scen is doing

gonna push people to join a fleet in the faction they want
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-10-12 11:34   
Quote:

On 2012-10-12 11:03, Walrus of Apathy wrote:
There's been discussion for years about putting in 24 hour faction lock to keep people from relogging to join the faction with the most people. Why haven't we done this yet?

But then i can't kill some one as ICC and UGTO in the same day.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-12 15:40   
Quote:

i think someone said he/she was going to look into it and was planned to be implemented within 2 weeks..

i agree to a faction lock for a certain time to prevent any grief options from normal players, while the hoppers still got an ability to hop once/day, so can still play different faction when they feel like it that day

encouraging ppl to join faction with less players with more reward just screams "exploit" so that no option. So only alternative is Force ppl in a certain faction, but that is as well unacceptable: what are u going to do with the 8 modded uggie ships in garage when ur icc...

ppl joining the largest faction, pres farm, then taunt the enemy...cannot be stopped by dev's control in an acceptable way to gameplay. If we rlly want to change this, we need to make something like the gentlemens agreement against depots: the gentlemans agreement against pres farmers.

it could say something like: People who only play a faction when it has many players then try to kill ppl with minimal effort and never rlly help out when needed, will be added to a list. all ppl on the list will be killed on sight. UNfortunatly, if u dont want to get many many ff points and a /report against you, you'd have to faction hop urself...

so as you can see...not that easy to change

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-10-12 19:21   
Quote:

Off you go then.

Page created in 0.022758 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR