No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Carriers
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Carriers
Sheynak
Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-16 07:16   
I'm pretty sure that the human fighter beams don't have falloff. So that means that all the beam fighters are fairly equal (assuming they have the same start damage, which would make sense considering fighters all got patched at the same time.)

But I agree: Fighters are too weak. Slightly useful vs ICC tactics of hammering at long range, and pretty useless vs everything else.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-10-16 09:27   
That's correct, Interceptors have no falloff, this is why they're so ridiculous. Beams with no falloff that have longer range than any player usable beam.

Sheynak
Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-17 00:00   
Quote:

On 2012-10-16 09:27, Talien wrote:
That's correct, Interceptors have no falloff, this is why they're so ridiculous. Beams with no falloff that have longer range than any player usable beam.

They also only get to fire once a minute during normal combat. If you had a HCL that fired once a minute you'd.....die. Fast.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-10-18 15:47   
icc havent hammerd snit at long range since 2010... No idea what your talkin about there

Sheynak
Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-18 16:59   
Quote:

On 2012-10-18 15:47, CM7 wrote:
icc havent hammerd snit at long range since 2010... No idea what your talkin about there

Your weapons have no falloff. You can sit at 1.2k gu and fire with no penalty, excet to accuracy. Which when targetting stations is pretty 100%.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-10-18 17:33   
im not arguing the tired icc is long range faction dubuttle.

Im mearly commenting on the fact icc has not performed long range combat in yeaars.

Im an older player. Icc could hit you from 1900gu or greater when i started. Now !that! Was long range combat.

Forced ugto to not orbit a planet and hope to fight us.
Range was cut back on all factions to a meare couple hundred gu of eachother and ugto started fighting from orbit. Not long after that they figured out they could tank several ships per one with the help of many depots.

I remember cannons having a bigger bite to them back then too. All factions.

Facts be facts, your stations qst can hit icc, if icc rails can hit you. long range combat? I think not. Everyone does long range combat now. Just two factions happen to do better the closer they are to the target.

And since being closer to the target increases your chance of hitting the target, oooops! Icc also do better at closer range. (exeptions to every rule, situations varry)

even bombs, missiles, and fighters have shorter range now than when i started. and i dont remember having a hard time hitting my target at long range either. My how things have changed...

Back on topic, fighters suck because they try to stay out of pd range. So now they spend most of their time manuvering instead of firing...
Some pilots, myself for sure, can use this to their advantage and make it where the fighters are almost never in position to fire on their target.

But with ugto getting a counter to the smarter fighters of today, and kluth being in posession of the ultimate v button special (pulse shields blush), i cannot in good standing suggest fighters to be made more deadly...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.011594 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR