No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » AI spam
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author AI spam
Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2012-10-24 07:39   
I am ready for the waves of hate coming my way for this but.........sitting in the MV and you see the Kluth ai krill accompanied by the mandy and a wave of cruisers/dessies approaching means a lone luth summoning ai for all his worth , kill the krill and another appears quickly, and after all this time the lone luth (without fear of ping) can sneak up and attack.

Sorry but this is not fun in my mind the loss of ping was a shame and now the ai spammage just makes fighting luth a boring chore.
Bring back ping lose the damm ai spam and go back to proper hunting of luth were skill and not "help me" skills have more of a chance of prevailing.

End rant and ty , I await the cries of nub , noob etc etc
[ This Message was edited by: Code Red on 2012-10-24 07:41 ]

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Spicker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-24 08:04   
from my pov i'd remove the AI from MV.

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2012-10-24 08:10   
I have to say i agree with that i dont mind engis and suppys but everything else no thanks.
However if players are worried that an empty MV would not appeal to some then bring back the pirates into MV and let newer players farm them at least no-one will be able to spam them for their advantage.
[ This Message was edited by: Code Red on 2012-10-24 08:14 ]

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Diesalot
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-24 08:42   
You cant summon ai dreads to help you afaik. That being said i've noticed they go after whoever is the bigger target at the time.

I'm all for removing ai from game, never was a fan of it to begin with but for you to say kluth have the advantage is absolute pile of crap. All factions equally benefit from them.

Having played all 3 factions, kluth ai seems to respond the least for help. Not sure if thats how is supposed to be.

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2012-10-24 08:44   
How politely put , the pile of crap is to sit on a station (valid tactic) and spam help for ai which is a common occurance , you talk as if us other players dont frequent all the factions ourselves.
And if you think that krill is not an advantage well.........i have to laugh.
[ This Message was edited by: Code Red on 2012-10-24 08:45 ]

Diesalot
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-24 08:49   
I have sat on station yes to shoot ppl. But I nor have i seen anyone else in kluth do what you wrote.

Whenever some player is near hostile players, ovbiously the ai is gonna come there to shoot them. Regardless of if a player has called for help or not.

This is true with all factions.

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-24 09:05   
From what I have seen, in battles some but very few AI will come in, but if you call them enough, then they come in mass. Normally AI are pretty docile, but if you get them to defend you, then they can be quite powerful, easily shifting the tide of battle.

Maybe decreasing the amount of AI per each faction by a certain amount could help, possibly bringing in Pirates as well. I'd be okay with something like that happening.
[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle[Helper] on 2012-10-24 09:10 ]

P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-10-24 09:12   
Finally someone from ICC speaks about it.
Every time I tell you, everyone starts to say I'm a crybaby of UGTO.
It seems that it is forbidden to mention the advantage of Kluth. all flatly deny it, especially developers.

Email P2.
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-10-24 09:37   
but you are a crybaby of ugto, you're in rsm. its also forbidden to mention the advantage of Kluth, and as a developer i flatly deny any Kluth advantage (because everyone knows its UGTO that have the advantage)

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2012-10-24 09:37 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-24 09:53   
Quote:

On 2012-10-24 09:37, Doran wrote:
but you are a crybaby of ugto, you're in rsm. its also forbidden to mention the advantage of Kluth, and as a developer i flatly deny any Kluth advantage (because everyone knows its UGTO that have the advantage)

I thought the lobby had the advantage

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-10-24 10:23   
Removing all factional combat AI and adding pirates to the MV doesn't sound bad at all. However, it'll never happen because the devs, for no reason at all other than to have AI mobs(as far as I know, if there is an actual reason, please tell me), require factional AI in the MV.

[ This Message was edited by: Mylith(helper) on 2012-10-24 10:27 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-10-24 10:55   
Quote:

On 2012-10-24 09:37, Doran wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2012-10-24 09:37 ]

LOL

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2012-10-24 11:16   
This and previous posts were not intended to be aimed at any one player , it is easier to highlight the ai problems atm as luth have been more active in Kaus recently. I would like to see ai removed or severely reduced for all playable factions as i feel they just cloud the fun and i have no problem with more MI or pirates being ingame instead.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-10-24 11:47   

And when AIs are removed, other ppl will then QQ that there're not many players online, and there's nothing to do/kill, the MV is empty, how are they gonna get pres when they're just newbies, and the big bad Marshals are about in their stats and dreads.

The fun never ceases.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-10-24 12:37   
Quote:

On 2012-10-24 11:47, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

And when AIs are removed, other ppl will then QQ that there're not many players online, and there's nothing to do/kill, the MV is empty, how are they gonna get pres when they're just newbies, and the big bad Marshals are about in their stats and dreads.

The fun never ceases.

It'd be helpful if you read the whole thread before posting.

The idea that I was in favor of was removing playable faction AI from the MV and replacing them with Pirate AI.

That way, people have something to shoot and the MV isn't empty, yet nobody can spam AI except the server and developers/admins.

[ This Message was edited by: Mylith(helper) on 2012-10-24 12:38 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021155 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR