No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » AI spam
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author AI spam
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-10-24 12:38   
Just remove the call for help function from players, that way planets and other AI can still call for help but it can't be abused.

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-10-24 15:17   
Or at least add a spam filter to it to prevent people from spamming it. Being allowed to use it once per min or only 5 times in one min prevents people from just mashing the keys constantly.

Factional AI was added to assist in dealing with the low numbers of players currently present in the MV. They where added to try to balance the numbers out.
AI numbers are weighted by # of players + their ranks, vs # of players of other two factions + their ranks. So if you have two low rankers on ICC, and 4 high rankers on UGTO, ICC will have significantly more AI than UGTO. Though that is kinda old, I don't know if that is still the case.
This was a decision made by Faustus himself, he wants the AI in there to try to balance stuff out as well as to give players things to shoot at. It also helped deal with the old issue of solo bombing. You attempted to bomb a planet and 2 or 3 AI ships show up to PD your bombs. Even if you had all the ECM on, chances are you wouldn't be able to bomb everything.

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-24 15:36   
Quote:

On 2012-10-24 08:04, ThoR. wrote:
from my pov i'd remove the AI from MV.

Aye. Ive alwasys said that but new ppl still need the AI to gain prestige. To be ok i would let AI only in the central sistem,

[ This Message was edited by: Flash. on 2012-10-24 15:37 ]

Email *Flash*
-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-10-24 16:28   
Quote:

On 2012-10-24 12:38, Talien wrote:
Just remove the call for help function from players, that way planets and other AI can still call for help but it can't be abused.

I think this would solve our problems. Dont allow ai to respond to or help player requests.

I find AI quite annoying but its great for those lower ranks., with nothing to do/shoot.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-10-24 16:50   
This issue is, and has been, on the radar for some time, and we are looking into it.

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-24 18:58   
a while ago we had a vot wether or not to add AI. most ppl agreed it was a good idea but the general consensis was they shouldnt play a to big role.

AI implementation is to keep metaverse rolling and defended even with low number of players on. Also its to prevent one players in an 8 hour streak to kill the mv before anyone else log in.

how to maintain the defensive function of the system, without the nuisance of a continious flow of ships against you (ppl used to go procyon and depot camp for a constant flow of ai to fight with, now u just have to scratch an enemy planet scanner range), that is a hard question.

the way to solve is to set a fixed spawn rate per hour, instead of per day. If i remember correctly there used to be a set number of respawn, but it didnt work cause some players just kept huntng and cap/killing the elites so it wont respawn rest of day.

Instead of saying: "wow, this player rlly has some persistance to keep hunting a certain ai to prevent respawning, and i should reward this tactic", it is better to keep in mind that....hmmm...what should we keep in mind? why is it so bad if someone used tactics to get an advantage? is it because we all became so good that we nerfed eachother and dont rlly have room for new players who dont understand yet?

I guess the real question is: How many daily metaverse players do we need/want playing? The current chat system doesnt allow 100+ players. the divided system server allocation might solve that (devs anticipating new member flood?) to some degree, but there is still a limitation to number of players. So with all the steps to decrease fun for vets and increase it for new players..how much rlly, is contributed to the game?

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-24 19:10   
I miss the Pirates!!!

-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-24 20:44   
last time i fought pirates was during the last pirate event.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-10-24 23:26   
Quote:

On 2012-10-24 18:58, -Rene- wrote:
the way to solve is to...

YOUR way to solve it. Not THE way. Everyone has their own opinions on what the solution is. Just because you have an opnion or suggestion does not make it the only right choice, or right choice at all.

As I said above, it's on our radar. Whatever it is we do, it isn't a simple fix because we have to change it in a way that pleases everyone (and no, again, just because a few people agree to one thing it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do - people have a tendancy to knee-jerk and demand things without thinking about all of the implications).

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.017380 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR