No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Possible Bug with cloak
 Author Possible Bug with cloak
Diesalot
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-06 16:10   
It turns off automaticaly at random times while cloaked. Happend to me so many times in the last few days.

Was good for energy and cloak wasnt damaged so maybe take a look into it?

Getting killed cause of this for no reason ( most times i think i'm cloaked while taking fire thinking they are blind firing until i take a look at the cloak to see it deactivated)

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-11-06 17:07   
This has happened to me but on rare occasions.

Something is a bit buggy with cloak recently. Sometimes, when the enemy has no idea im there, they suddently start blindfiring right at me as if they knew where i was at.

I've been told by my enemy a few times that when they have a scanner running, we randomly "appear" very briefly but enough to reveal where we are.

Im curious to this also: Can a ship be seen in observation mode while cloaked? A few times, ive been sitting near a planet, cloaked, stationary, and suddenly I get pointjumped by an EAD, who fired on me and knew exacty where i was at. I havent been able to explain how he knew i was there, but this has happened to me a few times.

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-06 18:42   
Just so people can't go "Luth be QQing!" I will say something as well. As helpful as this little bug is, I GUESS it isn't right.

Sometimes when luthies are near they will flash for a split second, not even long enough for "E" to target them. Running a Scanner increases the frequency of these "flashes". Haven't really noticed if ECCM does anything, but scanner for sure.

As far as them not being cloaked when they think they are, did you guys press the button multiple times? Bad connections? No energy and it broke?
[ This Message was edited by: Iliana on 2012-11-06 18:46 ]

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-06 19:40   
I have not noticed any buggy behavior involving long-term uncloaking.

The short term 'blinking' of siphon ships being there that lasts for like half a second is easy to use for blind fire.

The long term uncloaking is probably a connection issue. For instance it might be that it occurs for a short while after cloaking? I would think that if you cloaked and the connection was lagging that it might not send the command data to the server fast enough so that on your side it appears your cloaked but on theirs you havnt cloaked yet because the server hasnt registered that yet.

Liche
Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-07 08:51   

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-11-07 09:05   
I sometimes get a feeling a possible exploit is being used when the same people easily find me and always seem to know exactly where I am, but I just tell myself to try harder, noob

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-11-07 11:32   
I too am often spotted and blind fired at in my siphon when i should be invisible

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-07 12:19   
Any possible ways to reproduce this? Or does it happen randomly? It's harder to find out what's going on in the latter case (and throws it's under a bus because it might be due to "latency/sync issues")

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-07 13:11   
The only thing I can see as reproducable is the map problems. Just engage an enemy that is visible and hit f2 to load your map up then f2 again once it shows them on the enemy list.

Fight.

When they cloak if you have a ping of like 300 or more just hit f2 and before the map can refresh click their ship information bar. You've now selected them while their cloaked and it'll even show what direction their turning. Since this seems to be a map problem for this part of it I assume maybe making the map reload all its info from server side everytime its opened instead of having it display prior data before refreshing might fix this. It's also possible to abuse something like this if your playing from a far away country where the pings might get higher in the numbers on a 'normal' basis.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-11-07 14:25   
Quote:

On 2012-11-07 12:19, Fattierob wrote:
Any possible ways to reproduce this? Or does it happen randomly? It's harder to find out what's going on in the latter case (and throws it's under a bus because it might be due to "latency/sync issues")

for me this seems to happen rather regularly as i approach or move through a group and enemies. My guess is round about under 500 gu.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-11-07 14:32   
Quote:

On 2012-11-07 12:19, Fattierob wrote:

for me this seems to happen rather regularly as i approach or move through a group and enemies. My guess is round about under 500 gu.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-07 15:17   
The map doesn't update fast enough so even after they cloak if you go into F2 it will still show their ship on the map moving, you cannot click it, but it is there and represents their actual ship location.

Another thing is the map shows EVERYTHING, even if a friendly isn't nearby. The ICC for example build a lot of platforms around planets, if you zoom in all the way and look close enough you can see the platforms around the planet. The way this factors in with the luth problem is that when they uncloak, they appear on the map same as the platforms do. So after they cloak again because the map updates so slow they are still visible on the map to anyone who happens to be looking. My Advice: When you camp the gate and uncloak for whatever reason, make sure you move after recloaking.
[ This Message was edited by: Iliana on 2012-11-07 16:35 ]

Page created in 0.017287 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR