No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Glitches everywhere!
 Author Glitches everywhere!
Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-10 04:55   
I don't know what is going on with DarkSpace, but it was really really bad tonight. The sheer number of glitches happening was just, insane. And no, it wasn't lag, or my end, because other players were seeing the same thing happening. In the bit I played tonight I saw large amounts of:

- Invisable ships. This kept happening. Ships and plats being damaged heavily when no enemy was visible. Not even the AI were reacting to the invisible ships.

- Plants with high moral and ships orbiting them suddenly revolting. This happened while I was building up a planet we had taken. I had been building on it for at least 20 minutes. We had 100% control, and moral was high. A UGTO cruser attacked, so I exited the build screen. A few seconds later we lost the planet, magically, and it had revolted. Tried to recap it, but it wasn't happening. Then some UGTO dropped some troops on the planet and UGTO capped it. I dropped over 60 inf on it afterwards, all of which died almost instantly, even when greatly outnumbering the enemy inf.

- Ships being nearly impossible to kill. Kept running into ships that I was having a really really hard time killing. Example: I was shooting at an AI UGTO Dessy with my Combat Dread, and it took way longer then normal of alphing it to kill it. I finally got it down to 4% hull after what seemed like several minutes, then it kept jumping back up into the teens/low 20s of hull. It did that for a while, then it FINALLY died.

- Not being able to dock ship. I would get withing 250 +/-50 gu from a planet, use the SY, it would count down, and then... nothing. I would have to move closer, and keep trying until I finally docked. This is pretty common normally, but it happened pretty much every time I tried to dock tonight.

- The game would randomly not let me drop inf on planets. I would have to go dock the ship, and come back before it would give me the option of unloading troops again.

Other players were also complaing about glitches as well. Not sure what all they ran into, but I know the invisible ship glitch was REALLY bad tonight. I'm not sure what's with DS, or the server, but it was pretty messed up tonight. I eventually just gave up trying and came here to post.
[ This Message was edited by: Whiterin on 2012-11-10 05:01 ]

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-10 16:37   
i've had problems with keys not working several times lately. didnt wanna post untill i reproduce it a couple of times.

press d u not moving, try a also not moving, try arrows not working, w and q still working as well as up and down arrow.

v not working, press again still not working, press again it works.

j not working, press again it works

frustrating parts is not that it didnt work and u nhave to press again, but when u press j, you think it isnt working, u press again, then appearently it did worked the first time and by pressing 2nd time u aborted your jump. So that way it almost gets more frustrating when it DID work lol

even funnier, keys work fine on notepad, and/or any other game:P

I feel it must be a wireless issue with package loss combined with desynch. my client log confirms:

11/10/12 23:15:50 | DBGH | TRACE | CONTEXT_DESYNC_NOUN

lol.

how yours look like?

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-10 17:58   
Nearly all of these happening to me as well.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-11-10 18:14   
I'll be the ass and say, is multi core enabled? :P It sometimes causes crazy things to happen.

I havent played for a few days so I have no idea whats happening, but if its happening to multiple people then theres a good chance there's a problem somewhere

+=Nemesis
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-10 18:17   
same problems more often with shift+J

http://www.argo.hac-virtual.org/index.php

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-11 04:41   
only problem i have is when i hit "O" to orbit (this happenes randomly if im more around 500gu away). ship would turn to the planet and slow down to 0/gu and think its in an orbit. when i press F2 the ship is not in orbit and if i press "O" again nothing happenes. i have to drive manualy closer and then hit "O" and then it works

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-11-11 08:15   
Cruisers and under have been magically gaining hull HP(even when nothing was repairing them) since I started playing. It sometimes happens to players, and it happens more frequently if the ship class is smaller.

[ This Message was edited by: Mylith(helper) on 2012-11-11 08:17 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Alex3huey
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-11 08:21   
I had many problems with the invisble ship glitch as well.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-11-11 09:09   
The HP bug also only seems to happen when you do a lot of damage to a small ship quickly- e.g. a Mandible decloaking in front of it. It does not happen when you damage the ship slowly, as with a destroyer vs. destroyer fight.

[ This Message was edited by: Mylith(helper) on 2012-11-11 09:09 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-11-11 12:29   
Quote:

On 2012-11-11 09:09, Mylith(helper) wrote:
The HP bug also only seems to happen when you do a lot of damage to a small ship quickly- e.g. a Mandible decloaking in front of it. It does not happen when you damage the ship slowly, as with a destroyer vs. destroyer fight.

[ This Message was edited by: Mylith(helper) on 2012-11-11 09:09 ]

This isn't a bug. Damage on the server is sent out every 2 seconds. It's estimated on your client. Hence why doing 1,000,000 damage to a ship with 1 hp might sometimes take a second to register.

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-11 22:19   
A few nights ago nearly every time I would dock my screen would go black and I would have I hit esc and then play again to get back to my garage. After this happend the ship I had just docked would be gone and I would have to relog for it to be in my garage again.

Like Whiterin said, when you orbit the planet and try to dock it kicks you out of orbit so if you aren't within 250 of the shipyard then it counts down and nothing happens. Very irritating.
[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle[Helper] on 2012-11-11 22:23 ]

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-11-12 01:15   
Quote:

On 2012-11-11 22:19, PokeYourWaffle[Helper] wrote:
A few nights ago nearly every time I would dock my screen would go black and I would have I hit esc and then play again to get back to my garage. After this happend the ship I had just docked would be gone and I would have to relog for it to be in my garage again.

Like Whiterin said, when you orbit the planet and try to dock it kicks you out of orbit so if you aren't within 250 of the shipyard then it counts down and nothing happens. Very irritating.

This happens to me every time I attempt to orbit, but I easily solve it by making sure I'm under 300 gu till I hit O or I simply point jump to within 100 gu of planet, and bam, insta-orbit.

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-12 02:34   
Quote:

On 2012-11-11 22:19, PokeYourWaffle[Helper] wrote:

I have the missing ship glitch pretty often as well. It eventually comes back after some time.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-11-12 12:11   
i bet ferawulf has something to with that lol

Page created in 0.027678 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR