No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Modern Darkspace
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Modern Darkspace
Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-12 07:18   
I think in todays Darkspace ICC's ability as the only faction capable of building planetary shields is unfair, they provide a huge safety buffer for their planets making them very hard to bomb when there is one ICC player online chasing you down nevermind a fleet of players and the fact they only need 20 tech to build is crazy, there should atleast be some kind of equal device for UGTO and Kluth making that side of gameplay fairer, thoughts?.....
[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2012-11-12 07:37 ]

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-11-12 07:27   
I've thought about this before, if the other factions were to get their own specific buildings, it shouldn't be shields of course

Maybe a cloaking type building for kluth, where you couldn't see anything else on the planet till that building is destroyed
For ugto...a building that speeds up inf production rate? Idk, someone come up with something better here

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2012-11-12 07:32   
Lol i hope you are joking with the very slow recharge they have now , they are not worth it end of story. I agree they buy a small amount of time but not much.
Also it seems that every suggestion you make eg AD is op , shields why do icc have them etc is directed a certain way.................record is stuck on boring now.
[ This Message was edited by: Code Red on 2012-11-12 07:49 ]

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-12 07:57   
I'm entitled to an opinion thanks.

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-12 08:29   
Certainly if nobody is there to repel the bomber then shields are nothing but it's a completely different story with somebody there.

In any case as existence said it would be pretty dang cool if each faction had a special building. I am all for that, while shields are irritating they aren't too bad, maybe make the requirements for them higher but that's it.
[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle[Helper] on 2012-11-12 08:30 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-11-12 08:49   
You're joking, right? A planetary shield can be taken down by a single Frigate in 3 runs, and a Cruiser in 1, the only thing they're actually good for is blocking neutron/bio bombs from killing troops and pop. Even so they're barely worth building since they take forever to regen, if they were removed there's not a whole lot of people who would actually miss them, at least not in their current state.

And I'm not even going to get into the people who think it's a good idea to build them on every planet ICC captures that's in an enemy system. There's plenty of bug and thug planets that have shields.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-11-12 09:08   
Quote:

On 2012-11-12 08:29, PokeYourWaffle[Helper] wrote:
Certainly if nobody is there to repel the bomber then shields are nothing but it's a completely different story with somebody there.

In any case as existence said it would be pretty dang cool if each faction had a special building. I am all for that, while shields are irritating they aren't too bad, maybe make the requirements for them higher but that's it.
[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle[Helper] on 2012-11-12 08:30 ]

And if there's someone sitting at a UGTO/K'luth planet, the same thing happens.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-12 12:54   
Its easy for you ICC guys to say the shield is barely worth building blah blah blah but you guys are ICC and dont have to deal with them on a dailybasis. Kluth dont have it as bad when it comes to bombing the shield because they can just cloak and move around the planet then carry on bombing where as UGTO cant. Am not suggesting to remove shield, just saying how about an equal for the other factions....

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-12 13:20   
i thought u alrdy have the super-depots

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-11-12 13:25   
Quote:

On 2012-11-12 07:18, Two Face wrote:
I think in todays Darkspace ICC's ability as the only faction capable of building planetary shields is unfair, they provide a huge safety buffer for their planets making them very hard to bomb

That's the point of the structure. ICC is the defensive faction, their ships have better defenses, as do their planets.

Quote:

when there is one ICC player online chasing you down nevermind a fleet of players

Bring your own fleet then, DS is a team game, at no point should you expect to take a planet by yourself, especially if it's fully developed/properly defended.

Quote:

and the fact they only need 20 tech to build is crazy, there should atleast be some kind of equal device for UGTO and Kluth making that side of gameplay fairer, thoughts?....

Depots have a much more noticeable effect on planetary defense, and they're only 10 tech. New structures for UGTO and Luth to make them more unique or more in one with their ships ability is interesting, and I really would like to see planets become more varied in how their built. Perhaps Luth could have something that reduces the distance enemy ships can detect structures, not fully invisible, but enough to make it harder for bombers, and UGTO could get some that repairs structures faster or something.

Email Walrus of Apathy
Sparkx
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-12 18:00   
Quote:

On 2012-11-12 12:54, Two Face wrote:
Its easy for you ICC guys to say the shield is barely worth building blah blah blah but you guys are ICC and dont have to deal with them on a dailybasis. Kluth dont have it as bad when it comes to bombing the shield because they can just cloak and move around the planet then carry on bombing where as UGTO cant. Am not suggesting to remove shield, just saying how about an equal for the other factions....

^^ got pulled into kona by its shield

Email Sparkx
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-12 18:23   
http://www.jack-online.co.uk/gadgets/?xml=ShieldPlanetary&level=5&raw=0
Quote:

"maxCharge": "62500",
"chargeRate": "3"

http://www.jack-online.co.uk/gadgets/?xml=WeaponMiRVbomb&level=5&raw=0
Quote:

"damage": "1000",
"damageRandom": "270",
"areaDamage": "620",
"areaDamageRandom": "270",

Average Damage = 1000 + (270/2) + 620 + (270/2) = 1890

62500 / 1890 = 33.06 ~ 34

You need, on average, 34 MiRVs to destroy a planetary shield.

Point Of No Return
Chief Marshal
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2012-11-12 19:38   
As an ICC pilot I dont know why he even asked the question. As it stands now bombing is a thing of the past with just a couple of ships and a bunch of AI sitting at a planet the planet falls anyway in a very short time even if its loaded with defending inf. So as a long time builder of ICC planets as a rul we never put shields in enemy space and if one is put ther it ussually is and enemy faction hoper, i.e. (Two Faced)

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-12 19:39   
You need no mirvs to destroy a ugto/kluth shield lol (unless obviously captured from ICC.) UGTO & Kluth planets can be heavily defended and still get vital structures damaged from enemy bombers turning the tide of war whereas fighting ICC at there shielded planets (which is all of them) is mission impossible "nearly." (who has an outrageous advantage there i ask?)

Its possible to get a line of target on the planet to disable the shield then destroy it but all it takes is a midshipmen (for example) to come and replace it within seconds. (bomber is back at square one) Never mind having to deal with friendly support trying to back you up stuck in the enemy interdictor with a fuctioning shipyard (ICC blow up and spawn a fresh ship at the same planet) all because the bomber(s) is spending 100% effort just to disable their shield, by this time its game over!

Times have changed since darkspace began, ICC is no longer a weak faction and that isnt because the players got better or more players chose that faction to play!

This game has evolved greatly over the many years which i applaud the game developers for but there are lots of features that get looked over that are staying in the past that need to be modernised also..

PS Point Of No Return, My time spent on ICC (faction hopping) was requested by an admin, I was asked if possible to continue testing and report back personally what i found

rant over, over to you ICC
[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2012-11-12 19:45 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-11-12 19:47   

I see a lotta ranting from the TS, but no suggestions, ideas or a plan on what he might even want.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019277 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR