No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Modern Darkspace
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author Modern Darkspace
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-11-15 01:30   
Nobody thought of raze inf yet?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-11-15 03:57   
Quote:

On 2012-11-15 01:30, The Fridge wrote:
Nobody thought of raze inf yet?

Apparently not.

QQing is still the WMD of choice in DS.

zombat87
Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-15 07:03   
I mentioned it in passing

Quote:

4. Not only does ICC have the only enhanced planetary defense they also are the only faction with a dread bomber, which packs nearly double the bombing capacity of a cruiser. Kluth don't even have a stand off Space-to-Ground missile (although they can use a cloaked carrier to do sneaky commando raids. It's clunky and of questionable effectiveness however)

[ This Message was edited by: zombat87 on 2012-11-15 07:09 ]

Trouble is the damage is very slow, so you either need to do multiple transport runs to overrun the defending inf (which wouldn't be too bad if the central MV sector had more than three planets to act as a staging area) or bomb the inf off the planet (and if you are in a position to do that you could bomb the planet structures anyway)

And the interface is very very clunky as you need to give orders to each troop individually (although I did find only the other day that if you drop your inf set to Attack/Hold then order one inf to raze a target structure then set the other inf to raze they will then raze the same structure to the ground) and updates at a very slow rate (so quite often you'll see one of your inf get injured but by the time you press L to evac them they're already dead)

Also I heard a rumor a while back that Kluth inf are slightly better fighters than Human inf, is this true?

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2012-11-15 07:33   
Oooo i know we can make all the factions the same , why dont icc have cloak and ugto shields? and why not a big shiny I want easy button.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-11-15 11:34   
Quote:

On 2012-11-15 07:03, zombat87 wrote:
Trouble is the damage is very slow, so you either need to do multiple transport runs to overrun the defending inf (which wouldn't be too bad if the central MV sector had more than three planets to act as a staging area) or bomb the inf off the planet (and if you are in a position to do that you could bomb the planet structures anyway)

And the interface is very very clunky as you need to give orders to each troop individually (although I did find only the other day that if you drop your inf set to Attack/Hold then order one inf to raze a target structure then set the other inf to raze they will then raze the same structure to the ground) and updates at a very slow rate (so quite often you'll see one of your inf get injured but by the time you press L to evac them they're already dead)

You seriously think raze damage is slow? For just a couple units yes, but a full stack will destroy anything that's not actively being repaired by an Engineer in rather short order. Even if they've got defending troops breathing down their necks 1 stack of green inf should still be enough to take a shield gen well below 50% before the defenders kill them all off.

By the way, shields work both ways. If the defenders want to bomb enemy troops off their own planet they have to deactivate the shield for their own bombs to get through, and doing this while the planet is being attacked leaves openings for whoever's attacking it.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-11-15 12:17   
Microing the inf, means razing is OP vs AI.

Someone else can explain.

But this thread is kind of a joke, complaining about how Shields are somehow OP without looking at all the options of attack.

The only thing of worth in this thread is that the other two factions don't have a special building, which was the same outcome as another thread exactly the same as this one, a year ago.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-15 12:55   
Quote:
On 2012-11-14 09:15, Pantheon wrote:
I had toyed with the idea of the shield just giving a damage reduction rather than the HP method.

I support this idea.

34 mIRV to bring the shield down and about 2~4 mIRV to destroy it make bombing take time and rather annoying than difficult.

Btw, since planetary shield has stopped all damage from all kinds of bombs since 1.6 (I recall), neutron bombs are somehow less useful.

And I suggest Luth default number of neutron/bio bomb ammunition double than the mIRV/TK bomb, due to the facts neutron/bio has become inferior to mIRV/TK bomb when use against the new planetary shield. In reality, with 10 TK bombs, you kill more infantry than you do with 5 Bio, plus actually damage structure. So why use bio?

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-27 21:40   
Quote:

On 2012-11-12 07:32, Code Red wrote:
Lol i hope you are joking with the very slow recharge they have now , they are not worth it end of story. I agree they buy a small amount of time but not much.
Also it seems that every suggestion you make eg AD is op , shields why do icc have them etc is directed a certain way.................record is stuck on boring now.
[ This Message was edited by: Code Red on 2012-11-12 07:49 ]

Are shields still a joke? Are they still not worth it? Do they buy a small amout of time or a HUGE amount of time?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-01-27 21:52   

When will people learn to bomb the Shield Gens FIRST, before anything else?

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-27 22:01   
Or are they an advantage to a single faction that no longer needs that advantage?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-01-27 23:03   

You guys should stay in ICC actually.
After all, you called them OP. And you love being OP.
And now you're there.

Win win situation. No reason to QQ anymore.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-01-28 09:29   
i dunno in all my years i never thought icc planet shields where op, and now with 0 pd on planet the shield dies so fast. best way to stop the shield now is target the shield generator its self, knock out the shields, and then damage the building to 60% or higher, and the shield stays down untill repaired.

Email Borgie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.016382 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR