No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Windows 8
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Windows 8
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-18 01:10   
Quote:

On 2012-11-17 21:34, Boolean Argument wrote:
They made that possible?

it's not offically supported through windows, but there is plenty of mods and such to change it back, and personalize it the way you want it.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2012-11-18 16:59 ]

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-18 01:19   
lol, ya I had a 3GS iPhone for 6 month also, I just had to jail break it disable everything Crapple made and install my own stuff... Then I grew up and bought an Android. Kinda how Microsoft is making me feel. BTW, DS runs great on Linux Mint, FC, and Ubuntu...

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-18 03:11   
Quote:

On 2012-11-18 01:10, Fatal Brutality *COM* wrote:

it's not offically supported through windows, but there is plenty of mods and such to change it back, and personalize it the way you want it.

Kinda seams like a bunch of bloatware to me. Just because iOS was popular last few years, doesnt mean ppl will want to have to use tiles(apps) to get their info on a pc... The whole reason of having a PC is to have a blank slate to run what you want at its fullest, not to run everything all the time. The corperations are all bleeding together and the end user is the one who hurts from it...

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2012-11-18 16:59 ]

jacensolo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-18 11:40   
Sorry to interrupt your interesting discussion on the finer points of Operating systems, but.... IT WORKS! FINALY I'VE INSTALLED SOMETHING THAT WORKS!!!

...."the 64-bit processor! THIS is what makes at 32-bit operating system possible"...

You get the picture...

TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-18 21:40   
I get the windows 8 is only windows 7 with a different front end and only marginal speed tweaks but only at certain times, there is no difference for example running windows 7 or 8 for playing darkspace.

This is not a hate win8 post its only a reality check for anyone thinking about the upgrade from win7

Goto the website of TheHunter
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-19 22:57   
I dream of playing DS on tablet with windows 8.

(Eject)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-20 18:19   
Windows 8 with built in advertising: http://hothardware.com/News/Microsofts-Big-Hidden-Windows-8-Feature-BuiltIn-Advertising/

Goto the website of (Eject)
jacensolo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-22 15:49   
..."Any new operating system, with built in internet users that instantly critisize an operating system simply becuase it is new"...

jacensolo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-23 15:40   
Just for the record, I've looked over the apps that come with Windows 8, and there was just one single advertisement in the news app. What this means to me is that I'm using Windows 8 and basically a web based news software for free, and the advertising is an undeniable fact of that.

To be honest, I think Windows 8 was designed with the very intention of for use without having to look at adverts. In fact if I were to look at news, travel, finance and weather thought a browser I would have to look at ALOT more than 1 advertisement over the various pages. Having said that, critics will all ways rate someone's efforts down based on the very feature that the product is intended to provide. Meaning they are viewing the product as the complete opposite to what it is, or what it is good at.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-23 19:35   
It's a great OS at heart and has a lot of little tweaks behind the scenes that make it a joy to use. Microsofts biggest mistake though, was making the start screen mandatory, and not something you can turn off without mods (which are easy to install and some are even free). Windows 7 will still probably be the most popular OS for some time to come though.

jacensolo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-26 17:26   
I saw somewhere - I thought it was on this thread, but I can't find it - that someone was expecting Windows to go the minimalist route. Running only a few processes at a time (or there about). I'll have you know that I was one of the pioneers of the automated process killing a restarting method back in the early Windows XP days. I used batch files to open and close unneeded programs whilst playing games.

I'm a bit undecided as to what I think about the new way of running everything at once, but I lean towards it feeling a bit cluttered, and a feeling of not having control of what I am doing. I'm more of a netty now than a techy, so I don't think about it so much.

Just thoughts...

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-26 21:44   
Quote:

On 2012-11-26 17:26, jacensolo wrote:
I saw somewhere - I thought it was on this thread, but I can't find it - that someone was expecting Windows to go the minimalist route. Running only a few processes at a time (or there about). I'll have you know that I was one of the pioneers of the automated process killing a restarting method back in the early Windows XP days. I used batch files to open and close unneeded programs whilst playing games.

I'm a bit undecided as to what I think about the new way of running everything at once, but I lean towards it feeling a bit cluttered, and a feeling of not having control of what I am doing. I'm more of a netty now than a techy, so I don't think about it so much.

Just thoughts...

now they got programs like gamebooster to take care of closeing useless programs while gaming.

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-26 23:39   
Quote:

On 2012-11-26 17:26, jacensolo wrote:

Just thoughts...

I used to use Admin services/tools to turn off everything. My XP Pro machine ran on 17 processes back in the day. Nothing could stop it It just seams like they want a PC to look more like a cell phone or tablet. I understand them wanting to make the same plaform across all devices, but damn... Even this game runs on CentOS. Linux just looks better and better, everytime Microsoft puts out a new version...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.022563 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR