No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » My Rank not going up
 Author My Rank not going up
xlxxuxxlx
Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-02 01:57   
Yesterday i played 2 hours or more and my rank didnt move even today i got same rank as yesterday I meen the % of rank .. -.- wtf is happening!?!?! i cant lv up any more !!!! oh and iam commander (i think)
AND THEN WHEN I select a ship for comander rank it says that iam not commander !??!?!?!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What da Faq?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!

HElp me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-02 02:26   
Quote:

On 2012-12-02 01:57, xlxxuxxlx wrote:
Yesterday i played 2 hours or more and my rank didnt move even today i got same rank as yesterday I meen the % of rank .. -.- wtf is happening!?!?! i cant lv up any more !!!! oh and iam commander (i think)
AND THEN WHEN I select a ship for comander rank it says that iam not commander !??!?!?!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What da Faq?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!

HElp me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

depending on how much prestige you make, your % counter will go up. The prestige needed for each rank doubles. So captain is twice as much as commander. As to not being able to use certain ships, have you looked at the requirements needed to use the ship? Most ships require certain medals to be able to fly. Hope this helps. and P.S. Your a captain (as of the time of this post).

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-02 06:31   
after pressing f5, leave the prestige window open 10 seconds, sometimes it can take some time tp update

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-02 07:05   
After 3 full seconds the screen will flash F5...

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-12-02 07:47   
The newbie area only supports up to the Commander rank. You'll need to branch out into the other zones to rank up.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-12-02 10:00   
http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=document.php&doc_id=1&chap_id=951&chap_name=5.3.1

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-03 08:55   
Also you may need to gather certain badges, such as the silver combat badge, bronze bomber etc.... These badges can be gotten by bombing, transport capture's, general combat, supplieing other players and AI.
Ask a higher ranked player in game for details on what can do.

-The Admiral

Email Admiral C. Wilson
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-12-04 10:33   
Adding a bug to mantis to display a message when your not ranking up due to being in a rank restricted area.

-F

Goto the website of Faustus
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-04 13:13   
Or simply add Ursa Minor as a another server in Servers tab, besides Hydra and Ogre. That ought to cover the issue.

Actually it's really helpful when totally fresh man who play this game the first time. They just read the description and know where they should start.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-12-04 20:49   
Quote:

On 2012-12-04 13:13, chlorophyll wrote:
Or simply add Ursa Minor as a another server in Servers tab, besides Hydra and Ogre. That ought to cover the issue.

Actually it's really helpful when totally fresh man who play this game the first time. They just read the description and know where they should start.

That's a wonderful idea.

I'm almost certain we've lost at least a few players due to them thinking that nobody was ever on, but they spawned in ursa.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-12-05 03:54   
Quote:

On 2012-12-04 13:13, chlorophyll wrote:

+1
the p0wer of this idea gives every noob hope in their nooby lives

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-06 11:16   
Quote:
On 2012-12-04 20:49, Mylith Battlecat wrote:
I'm almost certain we've lost at least a few players due to them thinking that nobody was ever on, but they spawned in ursa.

That was me, on the first time playing darkspace.

I logged into Ursa because I knew that's my place. But nobody was on. Lately, another player appeared but he's like me - had zero idea about playing DS. I was desperate and almost uninstalled the game.

But I hadn't dropped my hope. The 3rd I logged in, I saw Challenger, as UGTO. I was lucky. Had I joined others fraction, I would never have seen his guide, cause he said in green colour.

This gives me another idea: make only one fraction playable in Ursa (maybe Pirate?). So that when you log in Ursa, you have the highest chance to meet veteran. Cause a newbie doesn't get how "yell" is used in game. I was afraid to write in DS, too. As English is not my main language, I'm weak at it and avoid using it when unnecessary.

Many times in lobby, I saw people point someone to FAQ & Manual. Sorry but FAQ & Manual is very, very long, written in complex English. If only did I enjoy reading, I would read books, not played. And actually I did read FAQ & Manual before the 2nd time I logged in DS, however I still didn't learn exactly what I should do in DS because this game goal is not clear. It took me over one month in Sagi, listen to many veteran to understand this game.

Besides, tutorial server is down. That's why we need a more noob-friendly zone for new comers to study how to play.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-12-06 11:22 ]

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-12-06 13:45   
I'm currently working on making communications more fluid and seamless between all players in the MV. This will have 2 positive effects:

1. This allows us to break up the map into more servers thus reducing lag.
2. Players in ursa minor will be able to chat with players anywhere in the MV.

Right now, when newbies login Ursa Minor they are only chatting with players in the same server. This should help reduce the isolation effect.

Goto the website of Faustus
Fox McCloud
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-07 19:00   
Quote:

On 2012-12-06 13:45, Faustus wrote:
I'm currently working on making communications more fluid and seamless between all players in the MV. This will have 2 positive effects:

1. This allows us to break up the map into more servers thus reducing lag.
2. Players in ursa minor will be able to chat with players anywhere in the MV.

Right now, when newbies login Ursa Minor they are only chatting with players in the same server. This should help reduce the isolation effect.

Good stuff mate! you don't really need to explain urself tho, all the QQ comes from 1 sided thinkers anyway.
Buff ICC shields plz. plz. QQ

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-12-07 22:07   
Quote:

On 2012-12-06 11:16, chlorophyll wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-04 20:49, Mylith Battlecat wrote:

That was me, on the first time playing darkspace.

I logged into Ursa because I knew that's my place. But nobody was on. Lately, another player appeared but he's like me - had zero idea about playing DS. I was desperate and almost uninstalled the game.

But I hadn't dropped my hope. The 3rd I logged in, I saw Challenger, as UGTO. I was lucky. Had I joined others fraction, I would never have seen his guide, cause he said in green colour.

This gives me another idea: make only one fraction playable in Ursa (maybe Pirate?). So that when you log in Ursa, you have the highest chance to meet veteran. Cause a newbie doesn't get how "yell" is used in game. I was afraid to write in DS, too. As English is not my main language, I'm weak at it and avoid using it when unnecessary.

Many times in lobby, I saw people point someone to FAQ & Manual. Sorry but FAQ & Manual is very, very long, written in complex English. If only did I enjoy reading, I would read books, not played. And actually I did read FAQ & Manual before the 2nd time I logged in DS, however I still didn't learn exactly what I should do in DS because this game goal is not clear. It took me over one month in Sagi, listen to many veteran to understand this game.

Besides, tutorial server is down. That's why we need a more noob-friendly zone for new comers to study how to play.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-12-06 11:22 ]

It was actually me too. I spawned in ursa, because I assumed that was the metaverse. Nobody was ever on when I was on, so I went back to playing scen. Finally, one day I made my way into sag and figured it out.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Page created in 0.028060 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR