No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » dictor bug
 Author dictor bug
BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-12-14 17:14   
Hi all,
anyone else noticed that kluth can jump in and outta dictor feilds? Please be honest if you are kluth and are aware of this bug.
Slainte,
Bladerunner
[ This Message was edited by: Bladerunner2014 on 2012-12-14 17:15 ]

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-12-14 17:29   
No we cannot. We are dictored just like hoomans

Although there is that occasional bug where when I jump into an enemy dictor I will travel a short distance into the dictor field before being stopped instead of being stopped at the edge. I thought this bug was fixed a few patches ago? Its somewhere in the dev log

Is that what you are talking about?
[ This Message was edited by: |xTc| ExisTence *XO* on 2012-12-14 18:02 ]

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-14 18:34   
+1 to 2nd post

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-12-14 18:49   
K'Luth ships are the same as ICC or UGTO ships. The game engine can't distinguish between them, and has no reason to. They're just objects that collide with stuff, in this case, an interdictor field.

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-15 06:23   
If you have max speed with a dread from what ive seen u can jump inside the dictor field like 800 gu from a planet but getting out you have to be at 1050 gu away from the planet.
It is a bug with dictor fields indeed but it happens when a faction is capping a planet and after its capped and belongs to that faction ships cant jump away. Players must wait a few minutes but ive noticed that is not happening every time.

Email *Flash*
BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-12-15 19:11   
trust me...I have been jumped by kluth ships while repping 250GU from planet and they jumped right on top of me....there is a bug....a kluth player (don't remeber his name) even pm'ed me and mocked me about it....it is true what flash said too, once we cap an enemy planet our jd is still disabled....these two issues are probably connected...objects or not, only kluth player dreads have done this...and often.

Slainte,
Bladerunner

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-12-15 20:02   
Quote:

On 2012-12-15 19:11, Bladerunner2014 wrote:
objects or not, only kluth player dreads have done this...and often.

Slainte,
Bladerunner

A NounShip is a NounShip. Faction doesn't come into it. The server will check for collisions between the interdictor and all objects it can collide with.

The fact that you were sitting in the dictor and could jump means the interdictor faction was the same as yours.

It may have been down due to a plague or whatever on the planet.

Either way, there is no special bug which gives any faction any preferential treatment. Each ship is treated the same.

There is no "if kluth then TAKE LESS DAMAGE!" or "if kluth then JUMP THROUGH EVERYTHING EVER!".
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-12-15 20:02 ]

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-18 05:21   
the location of the interdictor plays a big role. on huge planets with 600 gu diameter and the dictor on the other side of the planet, the edge of the dictor only reaches 400 gu from ur side of planet.

now add the fact, that when ships jump into a dictor they dont always seem to stop at the exact dictor border, but depending on the ships desynch they can end up further inside the dictor. number of seconds desynch times your speed is the amount of gu u enter inside the dictor after a jump. so badly desynched players can get up to 200 gu closer into a dictor field.

now add these 2 facts together: there is a 400 gu distance from planet surface of your side, towards the edge of the dictor on that side of the planet. someone who is desynched jumps u full speed, and reaches 150-200 gu inside the dictor border, meaning 250 gu from planet.

This is at least, how i managed to get near u once. I got lucky that dictor was on other side of eternity at that time, and didnt get lucky like 30 other times.

the other bug where the dicto stays active after cap...seems to be station related (not 100% on this though). i only had the dictor stay active when the planet got capped with a station in orbit. Since ugto always use stat for capping, i can imagine you also always have this bug. Just like to state every faction has that dictor bug

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-12-18 21:57   
Quote:

On 2012-12-18 05:21, Ubawaus wrote:
the location of the interdictor plays a big role. on huge planets with 600 gu diameter and the dictor on the other side of the planet, the edge of the dictor only reaches 400 gu from ur side of planet.

now add the fact, that when ships jump into a dictor they dont always seem to stop at the exact dictor border, but depending on the ships desynch they can end up further inside the dictor. number of seconds desynch times your speed is the amount of gu u enter inside the dictor after a jump. so badly desynched players can get up to 200 gu closer into a dictor field.

now add these 2 facts together: there is a 400 gu distance from planet surface of your side, towards the edge of the dictor on that side of the planet. someone who is desynched jumps u full speed, and reaches 150-200 gu inside the dictor border, meaning 250 gu from planet.

This is at least, how i managed to get near u once. I got lucky that dictor was on other side of eternity at that time, and didnt get lucky like 30 other times.

the other bug where the dicto stays active after cap...seems to be station related (not 100% on this though). i only had the dictor stay active when the planet got capped with a station in orbit. Since ugto always use stat for capping, i can imagine you also always have this bug. Just like to state every faction has that dictor bug

That and most people build dictors on the bottom ring of the planet instead of the midle ring; on large planets thats like an extra 60 gu

The bug where the enemy dictor remains after you cap the planet is desync, and is easily fixed by resyching your client, by camming in on a friendly planet in another system and back. This trick fixes 90% of problems in this game...

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-12-19 17:07   
ive noticed the bug on how far you jump into a dictor. doesnt do it all the time. but i just plot acourse outside of dictor to jump to anyway.

haven't seen the bug for jumping out of a dictor field, there was one a while back but haven't seen it lately.

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-26 06:29   
Today i capped an Unknown planet and after it turned green i couldnt jump and i had 100% control over the planet.

Email *Flash*
Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-27 03:29   
maybe easiest fix is to automatically deactivate and reactivate an interdictor when the planet gets capped...deactivating and activating seemed to fix it.

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-27 04:57   
I cant if im not in engi and the planet has enough workers. Here`s a link
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad262/GicuPPU/00000222_zpsfd09f548.jpg
[ This Message was edited by: Flash. on 2012-12-27 04:59 ]

Email *Flash*
Page created in 0.025471 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR