No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Killed By Crashing
 Author Killed By Crashing
Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-23 02:36   
I was killed sitting in my stat when i logged back in from a crash by a planet, i was at full health and i wsant moving. I crashed Log in died, this isnt the only time this has happened.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-12-23 04:09   
After checking the server logs I can see you have connection issues:

12/23/12 03:32:10 | ERRO | Socket | Error on sending data, closing socket.
12/23/12 03:32:10 | STAT | WorldServer | Client 389 Disconnected
12/23/12 03:32:10 | STAT | WorldServer | Client 389 logoff '[:AoD:]Taelon' @227110

The first line is important, as it indicates that for whatever reason the network socket for your client was blocked, and the sending of data could not resume.

This usually means one of two things:

1) There was an error with the network socket.

This is possible, but not at all likely, seeing as if there was an error with the socket code the people being disconnected would be extremely random or everyone would be kicked off at the same time. No doubt there will be a few cases where there will be misc errors and disconnects happen, however upon looking at the logs, it's the same people having issues leading me to believe it's the second issue...

2) The last operation is still in progress.

If you had an extremely slow connection and/or unstable connection and the server was still having to send out data to your client when another request comes through, the server would flag that the socket as blocked and terminate your connection. If we didn't do this, we'd get ridiculous backlogs of data having to be shunted down to clients.

Packet loss and/or a very slow connection would do this.

Bare in mind your connection would have to be ludicriously slow to do this. I had to force my connection to below 2 kb/s to get myself disconnected, but I had no packet loss at all - which would be a larger factor.

The reason you may hit a planet at times is because the server has to interp your last position based on the last set of data it may have, which may be a path into a planet. Unfortunately there's no way for us to tell if it was accidental or not.

I emailed Faustus so he could take a look at this to see if there is an error, but having briefly skimmed over the code, I can only see 3 reason why a connection would be flagged as blocked - all of which are reported by the OS and have nothing to do with DarkSpace, so the chance of their being an error is very small.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-12-23 04:10 ]

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-12-23 11:02   
If it helps or is worth anything at all, I've watched this guy just explode before my eyes a few times this weekend. No hitting a planet, no damage, he wasn't even moving. Just randomly exploded. He would then come back and say, "i got dc'd and it said killed by 'nearest planet'"

Not sure if that helps at all but that is what I saw. Both times I witnessed it it was in close proximity to a planet.

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-23 11:45   
Maybe when he clicks to orbit or move torwards the planet but lags out before the command to slow down can be sent...perhaps that might be it? So on the server it thinks 'oh hes still flying torwards planet....splat'? O.o

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-23 12:10   
I never orbit a planet i cap, and i was not even mving i was sitting there for a few mins then i was D/C

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-23 16:12   
Quote:

On 2012-12-23 12:10, Taelon wrote:
I never orbit a planet i cap, and i was not even mving i was sitting there for a few mins then i was D/C

have you checked your firewall settings? also do you play any other online games and have trouble with latency? Seems like it could be happening because of high latency maybe?

Edit: Also check to make sure multicore is disabled in the settings. This can cause massive amounts of issues as well.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Brutality *COM* on 2012-12-23 16:14 ]

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-23 18:17   
Just a note dont log right back in, wait 2 mins it works
and if you die you would die anyway so...

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-12-23 19:01   
its the 21.12 !!! MI are messing with the systems, mayans knew!

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-23 23:19   
Thats why i blew up too! My death was the eding of the world, I must really be important, or Myans worshipped me who knows

Page created in 0.018183 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR