No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » VOTE YES OR NO
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author VOTE YES OR NO
BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-12-27 14:25   
Hi fellow DS players,

I am sure most of you are aware of the "new ship tier system" that the devs are bringing into the game...and I sure you have an opinon. What's your Vote? If you are not completely aware of this ship change, please read all about it.

MY VOTE IS NO!
This "new ship tier system" will nerf everyones current ships and you will have to earn back the right to pilot your current fav ships by ranking up....we will all really need to focus on prestige and death will be so costly that I think players will not take the chances they do now, which will lessen the fun. I don't think prestige and rank should be such a paramount importance in a game, it turns the game into work. We all know that there is a less chance of death fighting ai, and when players are focusing so much to get there "ships back" by ranking, alot of players will be anywhere but in a battle losing tons of prestige...when it is already so hard to gain ( i basically balance pres lose and gain now). I need to get appprox 117,000 prestige to become Chief Marshall....this will be my only goal when 'new ship tier system' comes into the game, because my EAD will not have beams until I am CM. Alot of vetran players will not be happy with their fav ships dissected into 3 parts of a whole, and new players will not stick around long. Also, as a higher ranked player with a higher tiered ship others will definately avoid engaging in a fight when they know they will die and lose prestige.

Every player will be affected, friends and foes....but I would not wish this change even on my enemies. WHAT IS YOUR VOTE? AND WHY?

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-27 14:34   
What do votes have anything to do with this? You're implying the community has to vote on whether the ship tiers should be introduced at all, when there's been no information from the developers whatsoever that the community can vote on development of the game.

Your argument against is filled with strawmen arguments: Nowhere did anyone say at any time that there would be a prestige reset of any sort, so there's no information available that states people need to "earn back the right" to fly anything; Your argument that you won't get to keep your EAD in its present state is honestly misrepresented. The current EAD is a two-type ship: Beams and Torpedoes. The Quantum Singularity Torpedo counts (surprise!) as a Torpedo, so you would have a Tier 2 ship under the new system.

tl;dr
You're overreacting.

EDIT: I stand corrected on the Tier 2 ship EAD thing. It's listed as Tier 3 being Beams + Torpedoes. This calls for the developers to rethink their strategy on making ships currently available suddenly a tier higher, but the main point still stands: Balking at change immediately is premature and you need to assess the options before jumping into conservation strategies.

[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2012-12-27 14:37 ]

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-12-27 14:50   
I didnt mention a prestige reset...prestige is lost about the same as it is gained in this game now if you engage players. If players have to earn prestige to rank up to have access to the ships they already have...then they will not want to lose any prestige and prestige will become too precious. Having a vote is like stating your opinion, not a literal vote.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-27 14:57   
Quote:

On 2012-12-27 14:25, Bladerunner2014 wrote:

This "new ship tier system" will nerf everyones current ships

This hasn't been said anywhere

Quote:

and you will have to earn back the right to pilot your current fav ships by ranking up

Just like how the game always has been?

Quote:

....we will all really need to focus on prestige and death will be so costly that I think players will not take the chances they do now, which will lessen the fun.

Prestige gain is (should be) the highest it's ever been

Quote:

I don't think prestige and rank should be such a paramount importance in a game, it turns the game into work.

The only progression system in this game is both prestige and medals. Right now medals hardly matter so it's basically prestige. Gaining prestige is not work. YOU GAIN PRESTIGE BY PLAYING THE GAME AND SHOOTING PEOPLE

Quote:

We all know that there is a less chance of death fighting ai, and when players are focusing so much to get there "ships back" by ranking, alot of players will be anywhere but in a battle losing tons of prestige ...when it is already so hard to gain ( i basically balance pres lose and gain now).

Don't fly ships you can't afford to lose?

Quote:

I need to get appprox 117,000 prestige to become Chief Marshall....this will be my only goal when 'new ship tier system' comes into the game, because my EAD will not have beams until I am CM.

Correction: You'll be unable to fly any EAD until you're a CM since theirs only one EAD.

Quote:
Alot of vetran players will not be happy with their fav ships dissected into 3 parts of a whole, and new players will not stick around long. Also, as a higher ranked player with a higher tiered ship others will definately avoid engaging in a fight when they know they will die and lose prestige.

We're not "dissecting" any ships into 3 parts. Lower ranked players will have more options open to them at lower levels (instead of being stuck on 1-hit die duty in a frigate or scout they will get Tier 1 variants of dessies/cruisers much earlier.

Here's an idea: Just because we have higher ranks doesn't mean you have to hit it. It's like Elo in chess: Just because theirs a higher number doesn't mean you have the skill to reach it. If you keep dying and losing prestige and sitting around a certain rank ... gee maybe that's where you belong, skill wise?

Quote:

Every player will be affected, friends and foes....but I would not wish this change even on my enemies. WHAT IS YOUR VOTE? AND WHY?

my vote is you shut up and calm down and actually read what we're doing instead of complaining

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-12-27 15:00   
Just wait and see...you'll have a mutiny on your hands...and I am not the only person that loses and gains prestige equally...ask around, or better idea...PLAY THE GAME

This change will even segregate same faction players from each other...and everyone will be on their own, who will jump into save a non clan player beinig attacked if it means losinig precious prestige? My point is that as players it is already hard enough to get an EAD on ugto, and new players all want one...they will be too discouraged at having to gain 327.000 prestige to get one, so they won't play they game long...you will be putting us into different "cliques" and teamwork will no longer make the dreamwork.

Where did you get the idea that players want to fly around in small ships?
The proof is that all who can fly a dread do, simply because they are more fun then smaller ships...this kind of change is too much.
[ This Message was edited by: Bladerunner2014 on 2012-12-27 15:17 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-27 15:19   
Quote:

On 2012-12-27 15:00, Bladerunner2014 wrote:
Just wait and see...you'll have a mutiny on your hands...and I am not the only person that loses and gains prestige equally...ask around, or better idea...PLAY THE GAME

I do play the game. I find myself at the rank of Vice Admiral because that is where my skill level places me at. Sure I could grind a bit and maybe hit regular Admiral or even Fleet Admiral. But with the way I play, I lose ships easily so i'll probably be quickly demoted back to Vice Admiral. Furthermore I don't find prestige to be hard to gain but I do find it easy to lose. Maybe that is the problem? Prestige gain/loss needs some looking out but it's not like it's way out of qhack

Also your vague threats are childish and silly. Please do stop that

Quote:

This change will even segregate same faction players from each other...and everyone will be on their own, who will jump into save a non clan player beinig attacked if it means losinig precious prestige?

......uh, because you gain prestige? What does it matter if the person is non-clan or clan or cuthulu or whatever? Are you that scared of losing prestige to the point of where you don't want to play the game?

Quote:

My point is that as players it is already hard enough to get an EAD on ugto, and new players all want one...they will be too discouraged at having to gain 327.000 prestige to get one, so they won't play they game long...you will be putting us into different "cliques" and teamwork will no longer make the dreamwork.

Can you cite anything to back up something as crazy as this hypothesis? Furthermore, GAINING PRESTIGE IS THE MAIN POINT OF THE GAME. IT'S LIKE COMPLAINING THAT YOU NEED TO GAIN EXP TO LEVEL UP

Quote:

The proof is that all who can fly a dread do, simply because they are more fun then smaller ships...this kind of change is too much.

We're making new ships. I'm 99% sure none of us on the dev team like the "large ships are always better therefore fun" paradigm. That's why we're changing it. So more then just dreadnoughts are fun.
[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob on 2012-12-27 15:30 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-27 15:35   
I don't follow, do you mean to say we currently jump in to save a non-clan player from losing prestige? I don't think this is the case, and prestige is still a valuable commodity.

It moreso strikes me that you feel entitled to having access to all ships. There are many players who do not have access to all ships and who would be affected by this as well, but I don't think it warrants calls for "mutiny" or assertions that prestige will become valuable then.

It's already valuable, and now more than ever, it is easy to acquire. Back in the day we only got prestige for hitting hull, and ships had hardly any hull. We still got heaps of combat prestige by virtue of perseverance and being driven.

Nowadays it looks as though players aren't driven to get better, but prefer the complacency of flying the biggest ship they can get and looking no further beyond that. That's simply not a competitive game environment. Competitive PVP games may not be your thing if you feel you are entitled to the strongest ships without having to do anything for it.

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-12-27 15:56   
Quote:

On 2012-12-27 15:19, Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-12-27 15:00, Bladerunner2014 wrote:

I do play the game. I find myself at the rank of Vice Admiral because that is where my skill level places me at. Sure I could grind a bit and maybe hit regular Admiral or even Fleet Admiral. But with the way I play, I lose ships easily so i'll probably be quickly demoted back to Vice Admiral. Furthermore I don't find prestige to be hard to gain but I do find it easy to lose. Maybe that is the problem? Prestige gain/loss needs some looking out but it's not like it's way out of qhack

Also your vague threats are childish and silly. Please do stop that

Quote:

This change will even segregate same faction players from each other...and everyone will be on their own, who will jump into save a non clan player beinig attacked if it means losinig precious prestige?

......uh, because you gain prestige? What does it matter if the person is non-clan or clan or cuthulu or whatever? Are you that scared of losing prestige to the point of where you don't want to play the game?

Quote:

My point is that as players it is already hard enough to get an EAD on ugto, and new players all want one...they will be too discouraged at having to gain 327.000 prestige to get one, so they won't play they game long...you will be putting us into different "cliques" and teamwork will no longer make the dreamwork.

Can you cite anything to back up something as crazy as this hypothesis? Furthermore, GAINING PRESTIGE IS THE MAIN POINT OF THE GAME. IT'S LIKE COMPLAINING THAT YOU NEED TO GAIN EXP TO LEVEL UP

Quote:

We're making new ships. I'm 99% sure none of us on the dev team like the "large ships are always better therefore fun" paradigm. That's why we're changing it. So more then just dreadnoughts are fun.
[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob on 2012-12-27 15:30 ]

1. Prestige loss/gain is way outta wack, and you do NOT play enough to have a valid opinion on current state of game play. Also, I made no threat, just stating my opinion on what will happen when thihs "new ship tier system" goes into place.

2. Helping others is a no brainer currently, I am not complicating it....but because prestige will be such an integeral part of the game once you switch to the "new ship tier system", players will be reluctant to help if it means losing "precious prestige" that they so badly need to get the next tier on thier ships....it is common sense.

3. Yes I can back up what I said, I listen to what the players say, in my faction and others. "Ship Envy" is rampant enough, and new players always talk about how hard it is to earn an EAD, wait til they need 327,000 prestige to get one.

4. Why does it matter what the devs like us to fly, or if they don't like us having fun in our dreads? They are devs, not players....you have it backwards.....we don't just like dreads because they are better to kill.......THEY ARE COOLER AND MORE FUN! That is why everyone who can, flys one. We all zip around in small ships once in awhile for a change, but come on, let us fly what we want...Take a player poll for once! We are the ones playing.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-12-27 16:09   
Quote:

On 2012-12-27 15:56, Bladerunner2014 wrote:

we don't just like dreads because they are better to kill.......THEY ARE COOLER AND MORE FUN! That is why everyone who can, flys one.

No that's just UGTO.

hzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-27 16:11   
I vote yes , i will make it short

Because you definitely get bored/tired of playing the same ships for over months with no changes even a little

Also , it will make use of marshal and chief marshal and thats good!

However what DBS said is right it`s negative side of this new system

[ This Message was edited by: ksa07 on 2012-12-27 16:47 ]

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-12-27 16:16   
Quote:

On 2012-12-27 16:09, The Fridge wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-12-27 15:56, Bladerunner2014 wrote:

we don't just like dreads because they are better to kill.......THEY ARE COOLER AND MORE FUN! That is why everyone who can, flys one.

No that's just UGTO.

It is not just ugto...most players play a dread if they can on all the factions, except maybe the OP ICC HC zigzaggers, which are a waste of energy and jd to jump.

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-27 16:17   
When I sign on and cant use my now tier 3 ship I will be mad (Im GA). When I get the rank to use a tier 3 ship and someone already has one and I cant equip it, ill be mad...

Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-12-27 16:30   
I see nothing good coming of this thread. Oh, and by the way. Yes. The new tier System is awesome

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-27 16:46   
I have mixed feelings about it personally, but I am interested to see it come in to play.

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-12-27 16:56   
Seems ICC players so far like the tier system, which makes sense because alot of them love their HC over any other ship (which is impossible to kill with one EAD)....However, isn't that one of the dynamics for choosing ICC? and...if there is already a player faction in use for those kind of players that like to fly small ships around, doesnt that make the new tier system redundant? I am sure kluth players prefer kluth for their own reasons, same as ugto. The tier system will dilute the individual core characteristics of each faction.

had to mention: two new players just talking about their excitement about getting a battle dread....won't they be disappointed soon?...they don't have a clue what is about to change:(

Also, I worded it wrong earlier....it not a faction wide ship nerf really...IT IS A RANK NERF....WHICH IS WORSE!

[ This Message was edited by: Bladerunner2014 on 2012-12-27 17:30 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022959 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR