No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Fighting Luth
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Fighting Luth
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-12-29 07:02   
has anyone noticed how there are lot of complaints started when uqqies cant simply dominate?

just my observations..

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 07:25   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 07:02, Ravendark wrote:
has anyone noticed how there are lot of complaints started when uqqies cant simply dominate?

just my observations..

Well it would be silly to compain when your OP duh!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-12-29 07:44   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 07:25, *Two Face* wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 07:02, Ravendark wrote:

just my observations..

Well it would be silly to compain when your OP duh!

Would that be why you're complaining now that all factions have been better balanced since 1.5?

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-12-29 08:00   
yes i belive 5 kluth vs 2 uqqies is OP. so does 5 uqqies vs 2 kluth. and either way you put it, team with most players is OP.

from what i've seen, one command dread should be some kind of threat? hell yeah im gonna attack you if i see you in CD. what are you gonna throw build drones at me?
and if missile attack can be totally countered then whats the point?

have a friend with you, you'll live longer. but none the less i will attack you, im reckless, i risk, i push my luck way too much. im going in even if its 1 vs 2 and i usualy get ma face torn off, by butt wide opend, my sides sliced clean off just to escape with 10% or less (or die)....but i do damage...well enough for the vicitm to go get repairs... so thats OP? nobody died, except me almost.
numbers, boy, numbers...
even so, there is good thing to remember, never asume you are to strongest, the best, there is always someone out there better.
and this is a life in darkspace somtimes you win, sometimes you loose, better accept both and you'll feel better...

btw and it may be boring if you fight kluth in dreads and then have to "wait too long" for repairs. (i still kinda hate tropedo cruisers, im so glad i dont see these so often anymore, and icc cruisers, what a pain *khm*hint*ehm*). there are other ships to use, wich might force other players to change their tools.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 08:41   
Kinda gone of the rails this one hasnt it lol

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 08:52   
Like I said before cruisers are some of the best ways for countering Luth dreads, especially when your out numbered. Keep moving and the bugs have a hard time catching up. Same can be said for fighting ugto/icc dreads as well. Just learn to dodge (memorizing weapon cooldowns helps enormously as people In dreads love to space bar spam), master e-jumping and you can pick off just about any dread given the time. That's why Dread spam isn't effective as it used to be.

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-29 09:32   
I find one thing not so boring though.

That's these people who come into the thread and start saying ugto is asking for this or that to be nerfed.

Who said to nerf anything please point it out because I sure didn't notice it.

People are just saying that it's boring to go into space and then just warp back to a planet because their cruiser got rear rumped by a siphon out of nowhere or whatever it was that uncloaked and attacked them. It is boring. I don't find it fun or enjoyable. I go to fight some ai and spend the next 5 hours having a siphon appear every 5 minutes to attack my ships rear out of nowhere. Nobody's asking for things to be altered their simply just making their observation on how 'entertaining' it is.

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-12-29 09:38   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 09:32, rykros1987 wrote:

That's these people who come into the thread and start saying ugto is asking for this or that to be nerfed.

People are just saying that it's boring to go into space and then just warp back to a planet because their cruiser got rear rumped by a siphon out of nowhere or whatever it was that uncloaked and attacked them. It is boring. I don't find it fun or enjoyable. I go to fight some ai and spend the next 5 hours having a siphon appear every 5 minutes to attack my ships rear out of nowhere. Nobody's asking for things to be altered their simply just making their observation on how 'entertaining' it is.

+1
Now im just waiting for a mod to come and lock this topic (power crazed bleepers)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-12-29 10:07   

Boredom depends on POV. Some find fighting AI boring. Others find duels boring. The Uggies here find fighting cloaking Kluth and slippery small ICC ships boring.

One thing i do know. If you feel bored while playing, log and do something else. And if you find playing this game boring, then maybe it's time for you to play something else instead.

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-12-29 10:14   
Oh we are logging i can assure you of that due to attitudes like that, try listening for a change (not aimed at you kenny)!!

Even Faustus recently said he took his lowest takings ever for the game. Surely thats a wake up call

[ This Message was edited by: Abbot on 2012-12-29 10:18 ]

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 10:54   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 09:32, rykros1987 wrote:

Just ejump and start shooting at them. If they jump you, dodge SI and get out of beam range and keep shooting. Easy peasy

Quote:

On 2012-12-29 10:14, Abbot wrote:
Oh we are logging i can assure you of that due to attitudes like that, try listening for a change (not aimed at you kenny)!!

Even Faustus recently said he took his lowest takings ever for the game. Surely thats a wake up call

[ This Message was edited by: Abbot on 2012-12-29 10:18 ]

I'm guessing this was aimed at me then. I don't bother to log right now because I'm sick of all the complaining and the crappy player atitudes. Maybe I just wasn't as "aware of it before, but it drives me nuts when people QQ about things that either aren't true, or how some things are hugely OP.

Now back to the topic at hand.

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-12-29 11:16   
That wasnt aimed at you Fatal but i do agree with you about the QQ all the time which is my point - maybe if the mods and devs listened then people wouldnt feel the need to QQ in their masses.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 11:19   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 11:16, Abbot wrote:
That wasnt aimed at you Fatal but i do agree with you about the QQ all the time which is my point - maybe if the mods and devs listened then people wouldnt feel the need to QQ in their masses.

I was actually coming from the other direction. This game is the most balanced that I have ever seen (from my limited 3 years of gameplay), but each to their own.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Brutality *COM* on 2012-12-29 11:28 ]

*Neon*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 11:25   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 11:16, Abbot wrote:

+1
But back to what I think the original point of this thread was......

If ping was brought back to what it used to be - now that would make fighting luth a lot more interesting. Why the hell was it nerfed in the first place?

ken2228
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-12-29 11:52   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 08:52, Fatal Brutality *COM* wrote:
Like I said before cruisers are some of the best ways for countering Luth dreads, especially when your out numbered. Keep moving and the bugs have a hard time catching up. Same can be said for fighting ugto/icc dreads as well. Just learn to dodge (memorizing weapon cooldowns helps enormously as people In dreads love to space bar spam), master e-jumping and you can pick off just about any dread given the time. That's why Dread spam isn't effective as it used to be.

I think you should compare ICC cruisers against UGTO cruisers.
We dont have a cruiser with core weapons.
Besides that we're supposed to be the tankers in the game, naturaly making our ships hvy compared to others, so our maneuverability is naturaly less then a ship fitted with shields.
Also we lack the range ICC has, forcing us to stay closer to a target.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022939 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR