No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Fighting Luth
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Fighting Luth
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-12-29 11:56   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 11:25, Neonblue wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 11:16, Abbot wrote:
That wasnt aimed at you Fatal but i do agree with you about the QQ all the time which is my point - maybe if the mods and devs listened then people wouldnt feel the need to QQ in their masses.

+1
But back to what I think the original point of this thread was......

If ping was brought back to what it used to be - now that would make fighting luth a lot more interesting. Why the hell was it nerfed in the first place?

Well, for one, ping was actually a bug to begin with. But it remained because well it worked in a weird way somehow. The original design called for cloak to be absolute/perfect, but it somehow didn't work out that way.

When they finally fixed that bug, the ECM/ECCM/Cloak energy triad was introduced to the game. Now you can "burn" through a Kluth's ability to cloak just by spamming ECCM instead of continually switching it on and off for a second's worth of targetting. And ECCM was buffed further eventually to give players more of a chance to burn through cloak.

There's always QQ.

When you had pinging, ppl would QQ that it only allowed a second's worth of visibility. And when you have this new system, they'd complain that they couldn't detect Kluth at all even though they can limit their ability to cloak/attack.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 12:03   
ECCM is about as usefull as wet toilet paper now lol

*Neon*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 12:13   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 12:03, *Two Face* wrote:

At least if you threw wet toilet paper at a Luth ship it would stick

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-12-29 12:39   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 12:03, *Two Face* wrote:

ECCM works, trust me. But there's just not enough of you to effectively burn through the energy of a cloaked ship.

But back when it was first introduced, I actually lost a couple of dreads due to a combo of ECCM from ships, and sensor plats and bases on a planet.

*Neon*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 12:46   

[/quote]

ECCM works, trust me. But there's just not enough of you to effectively burn through the energy of a cloaked ship.

But back when it was first introduced, I actually lost a couple of dreads due to a combo of ECCM from ships, and sensor plats and bases on a planet.

[/quote]

Then why introduce changes that require numbers when we don't have the numbers? I can see how all of the changes both completed and in the pipeline would be amazing if we had the playerbase, but, some are really detrimental to the game as it is now imho.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-12-29 12:55   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 12:46, Neonblue wrote:

Then why introduce changes that require numbers when we don't have the numbers? I can see how all of the changes both completed and in the pipeline would be amazing if we had the playerbase, but, some are really detrimental to the game as it is now imho.

We still had the numbers back in the version when it was implemented.

There's no perfect design ATM to work with few or many players. The new EW system works well with numbers, but not so well with lesser players. The old ping system worked well with fewer players, but with many players on, pinging became detrimental, next to impossible for Kluth.

Perhaps you can suggest something that works well with one or many players?

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 13:02   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 12:55, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

There's no perfect design ATM to work with few or many players. The new EW system works well with numbers, but not so well with lesser players. The old ping system worked well with fewer players, but with many players on, pinging became detrimental, next to impossible for Kluth.

bring back pinging, kluth can jump away like we have too, simple

*Neon*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 13:03   
Maybe give one ship - say the command dread - a device that allows them to ping the old way. Would make it a luth target from the start but would give players a fighting chance

*Neon*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 13:07   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 13:02, *Two Face* wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 12:55, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

bring back pinging, kluth can jump away like we have too, simple

or this

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 13:25   
The reason they took pinging out was to put a use to cloaks, so they can put pinging back in then all kluth want some kind of better armor that givings us a fighting chance

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 13:49   
I can still ping on occasion ingame. It's not fullproof, but it still works from time to time.

*Neon*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 14:56   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 13:25, Taelon wrote:
The reason they took pinging out was to put a use to cloaks, so they can put pinging back in then all kluth want some kind of better armor that givings us a fighting chance

You're saying cloak had no use before pinging was taken out? You must not have played much then so. Luth are the hit and run faction. Get in hit with the most powerful weapons in game and jump out. Ping simply gave players a chance to detect you- it by no means means made cloak useless lol

[ This Message was edited by: Neonblue on 2012-12-29 14:57 ]

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-12-29 15:11   
Back then a good player in a beacon scout was a very, very bad thing for kluth. ECCM range was 1000gu and the covert ops scout has what, 4 eccm? A good player could track you down soon enough, and once a beacon landed, thats it, cloak disabled. You were done. You had to jump out or die. If you were already damaged you would likely die anyway, as you had to wait 20 secs to uncloak due to your now high sig, as likely 3 more beacons landed.

But it was also the day of jumping while cloaked, dual ahr siphon, depot spam and SS having 3 rep drones. general time of inbalance

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-29 15:59   
Quote:

On 2012-12-29 15:11, |xTc| ExisTence *XO* wrote:

But it was also the day of jumping while cloaked, dual ahr siphon, depot spam and SS having 3 rep drones. general time of inbalance

Ah the good old days of depot spam. Can't say that I miss it.

The double AHR Siphon was a beast though.

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-12-29 16:41   
I would rather go back to them old days than this drivel of poo seriously

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022482 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR