No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Luth ship size
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Luth ship size
zombat87
Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-31 19:37   
Quote:

On 2012-12-31 16:43, jacensolo wrote:
Any issue with ship size has advantages and disadvantages.

There is no advantage for you ship being bigger than the enemy's.
A larger ship is and always will be a disadvantage because it gives you a bigger hit box. (unless that green circle doesn't in fact indicate where your hit circle is)

Even with slow moving unmanuvable dreads theres been several times where a volley has skimmed into the side armor of my mandi which would have completely missed a human dread.

Considering the main disadvantage of kluth is paper thin armor, being easier to hit doesn't help

jacensolo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-31 19:59   
That's precisely my point. but games cannot be won simply by advantages. Capitalize on your disadvantages. Like a martial artist that will use the fact that he has one leg shorter than the other so that he can break the opponents line.

Try to think of your large ship size as a disadvantage that will put you under some pressure, then you will put your enemy off guard.

Although, I do agree with you about a large ship having a thin hull being a little too over the top.

IDEA ALERT!!!!

Kluth ships are living ships right? Wait! they already have hull repair....darn. But anyways here's my idea. Why not code the damage to k'luth ships so that it represents how a living thing would take damage in a more realistic way....

MAJOR thing to code and balance... but it's a thought...

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-12-31 20:31   
Quote:

Kluth ships are living ships right? Wait! they already have hull repair....darn. But anyways here's my idea. Why not code the damage to k'luth ships so that it represents how a living thing would take damage in a more realistic way....

A Siphon gets punched in the face by a volley of Harpex and gets a black eye, it can no longer see properly and everything is blurry. Or maybe it snacks on some bad asteroids and projectile vomits, every cloaked luth ship flying infront of it is now visible. Or maybe it gets castrated by a lucky HCL hit, it's now useless as a combat ship.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.007152 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR