No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC AI
 Author ICC AI
BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2013-01-04 21:45   
If you count the ICC ai there is usually 15 of them glued together like a player clan.....why is this? I never see kluth ai like that or ugto ai. Also, in EAD I get kluth ai krill down to 16% hull and still have 50% energy, then it jumps away.........NO WAY I can do this with ICC ai....ICC ai are harder to kill then MI ai and take way more time and energy....WHY is this? I think that ICC ai shelids regen so fast, they never really have to goto repair...trust me when I say 15 ICC ai are always grouped together, even with no ICC player on....and usually ICC players use them when they attack...Kluth ai never group in numbers of 15, neither do ugto cause they die or need to rep. TEST IT, play the game as kluth or ugto and count the ICC ai...it is quickly obvious....ICC sheilds are so OP and the sheild regen rate is so fast that the ICC ai travel in packs of 15 all the time....even if they are in middle of space.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-04 22:20   
Funny, i was about to say the same thing With UGTO, see 1 station and 20 AIs around it
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-04 23:42   
Shield would have nothing to do with the orders of the ship. Also AI only head back for repair when they are somewhere below 50% hull (ever notice those suppys that run out or drones, the AI combat ships that run out of torps or heaven forbid an ICC ai with no ammo).

[ This Message was edited by: Soulless. on 2013-01-04 23:47 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-05 02:47   
Quote:

On 2013-01-04 21:45, Bladerunner2014 wrote:
If you count the ICC ai there is usually 15 of them glued together like a player clan.....why is this? I never see kluth ai like that or ugto ai. Also, in EAD I get kluth ai krill down to 16% hull and still have 50% energy, then it jumps away.........NO WAY I can do this with ICC ai....ICC ai are harder to kill then MI ai and take way more time and energy....WHY is this? I think that ICC ai shelids regen so fast, they never really have to goto repair...trust me when I say 15 ICC ai are always grouped together, even with no ICC player on....and usually ICC players use them when they attack...Kluth ai never group in numbers of 15, neither do ugto cause they die or need to rep. TEST IT, play the game as kluth or ugto and count the ICC ai...it is quickly obvious....ICC sheilds are so OP and the sheild regen rate is so fast that the ICC ai travel in packs of 15 all the time....even if they are in middle of space.

All you gotta do is spam that you are being attacked and the AI will come, doesn't matter what faction your on. As to AI shields, they are the same as players. So if you want shields changed on the AI, your also looking at changing shield HP for players as well which I don't think is going to be changed at the moment. Also keep in mind that if the AI are flying at max speed and fireing weapons, they are losing energy. When that energy hits 0 they can't power shields or shoot.

P.S. If you think Shield Regen is fast, trying killing the kluth Ai elite, that AHR is crazy!!!

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-01-05 06:57   
count the number of AI of your faction as follows...
step 1: count ai you think are worth counting (combat, supply, engineer, transport, the random bomber and scout)
step 2: count ai you ignored (platforms, starport transports)
step 3: add the two counts.

i get a hunch that ICC build few starports on their planets, UGTO depend mostly on ai engineers and random n00bs, and kluth are somewhere in between.

10-20 SP transports can consume a lot of processor resources available to the AI of a faction, which results in reduction of 10-15 combat ships.

SP transports need CPU time, elite ships need time, platforms sometimes take time, and the little bits of CPU time left is used to power a couple of frigates and a dread AI.

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2013-01-05 07:10   
Theres nothing wrong with the ICC AI. In my Mandible, even with a little ICC AI Fleet like that I can usually plow through most of them, and my Mandible has far worse energy usage than your EAD I can assure you (Seeing as I played UGTO for a while)

ICC AI always usually attack in a straight line the first approach. I just sit and ding them with Cannons and Cores, then once they hit beam range, I blast them with a full force alpha, and can usually knock out a Heavy Cruiser and destroy it within seconds. If I can do that to multiple AI ships before needing to cloak, a UGTO EAD should be able to as well, if not do it longer since its Armor and Hull are A LOT stronger than my Mandible.

Just my .02 worth.

Email UnknownWarrior
Amun-Ra
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-05 07:17   
Hmm..that make sense, ICC AIs always come in group, I'm almost always gang raped by ICCs.
ICC's shield isn't too good, AIs don't know how to rotate it.

Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-01-05 09:27   
UnkownWarrior, keep in mind that a Kluth Mandi does far more beam damage than a UGTO BD also 9correct me if im wrong) but the Stellar Incinarator does more damage than the QST. So, though you might be be able to do that in your Mandi a UGTO player in a BD might not be able to.

PS. Cloaking also helps that process.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-01-05 09:48   
Quote:

On 2013-01-05 09:27, Achilles S-3 wrote:
Stellar Incinarator does more damage than the QST.

The damage SI does varies greatly if i recall qst and ic do flat level amounts of damage(no varience) (although IC is weaker than qst you get 2 IC per salvo so it works out). SI on the other hand at random can do between either 50%-120% of the damage (i think) of a QST.

Although this is from memory and may be outdated or me applying something from elsewhere.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-05 10:33   
Quote:

On 2013-01-05 06:57, Mike Paradox wrote:
count the number of AI of your faction as follows...
step 1: count ai you think are worth counting (combat, supply, engineer, transport, the random bomber and scout)
step 2: count ai you ignored (platforms, starport transports)
step 3: add the two counts.

i get a hunch that ICC build few starports on their planets, UGTO depend mostly on ai engineers and random n00bs, and kluth are somewhere in between.

10-20 SP transports can consume a lot of processor resources available to the AI of a faction, which results in reduction of 10-15 combat ships.

SP transports need CPU time, elite ships need time, platforms sometimes take time, and the little bits of CPU time left is used to power a couple of frigates and a dread AI.

Every ICC planet in the Metaverse has a starport on it, so try again.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-05 11:08   
Press F2, click show all AI then count:
Total number ships of a faction = A (constant)
Number of players = B (variable)
Number of AI (AI, platforms) = C (variable)
A = B + C
Thus more starport, platform = less AI. More players = Less NPC.
A is not the same for all factions I think.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-05 14:24   
Quote:

On 2013-01-05 09:48, Chaoticstorm wrote:
Quote:

Stellar Incinarator does more damage than the QST.

The damage SI does varies greatly if i recall qst and ic do flat level amounts of damage(no varience) (although IC is weaker than qst you get 2 IC per salvo so it works out). SI on the other hand at random can do between either 50%-120% of the damage (i think) of a QST.

Although this is from memory and may be outdated or me applying something from elsewhere.

QST has falloff, while the ion cannon does not. I'm not sure about SI though.

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2013-01-06 06:21   
Quote:

UnkownWarrior, keep in mind that a Kluth Mandi does far more beam damage than a UGTO BD also 9correct me if im wrong) but the Stellar Incinarator does more damage than the QST. So, though you might be be able to do that in your Mandi a UGTO player in a BD might not be able to.

PS. Cloaking also helps that process.

I know it does more than the BD. However Im talking EAD Firepower. The BD does better on the move with its Cannons, which gives it a better edge. And yes while Cloaking does help Kluth ships, UGTO have far thicker armor and stronger hulls. Gives them more durability in longer fights.

Email UnknownWarrior
Botoru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-07 07:49   
I like the ICC in large groups

Page created in 0.019900 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR