Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Scenario AI
 Author Scenario AI
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-07 15:48   
I have played a few games of scenario recently and I have some suggestions regarding the AI. Note that my post is primarily concerning PD.

First of all, a little less, please? On any given planet that I want to attack, it seems there will be atleast 1 or 2 transports, a scout jumping in and out AND a combat ship. It's very difficult to call friendly AI as they will often ignore even 3 distress messages. So, you can either get a combat ship and kill them, or get a bomber and try to bomb through all the PD.

Let's presume you get a combat ship, because bombing is a waste of time. As soon as you attack the AI, they will magically get friendly AI to help them and you'll end up having to kill 3x the AI. This is compounded by the continuous AI respawning AND un-willingness of friendly AI to assist you. You're probably going to end up with more AI around the planet then before because of the combat. But, by the time the combat ships jump out, all the transports will be back.

I'm not saying it's 100% impossible to bomb, I'd just appreciate if AI was less of a giant obstruction to missiles, fighters and bombs at every single planet all the time.

Another nag I have is that AI does not seem to engage enemy AI, or even enemy players unless engaged first. Compound this with the already (hopefully bugged) distress call that doesn't really work and it becomes very hard to get AI Assistance.
[ This Message was edited by: iwancoppa on 2013-01-07 15:51 ]

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-07 15:59   
Step 1:Get a stealth bomber like a frigate.

Step 2: ECM on and warp in to like 1.5k gu of planet. Slow down approach until sig is 0.0 or less.

Step 3:Go to side of planet with least resistance avoiding getting within 250 gu of planet or other ships.

Step 4: Approach and go into a bombing circle within say...200 gu of the planets edge so that bombs hit quickly and theres little reaction time for enemy to try and pd.

Additional tip: Watch the enemy ships if they try to come around planet to attack/pd move in opposite direction staying on other side while bombing.

That right there makes it super easy.

Also ai that responds to your distress get set to guard mode which means you have to take fire for them to protect you. Also rank appears to have an impact on how often ai show to assist.

Dreads and stations get higher chances of receiving aid from what I've noticed.
[ This Message was edited by: rykros1987 on 2013-01-07 16:02 ]

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-07 16:33   
Obviously i'm fleet admiral, so that won't be a problem. ECM bombing is pointless when there are tons of AI With ECCM on and just so many around that the bombs will get PD'd by one or two...

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-07 16:52   
What exactly is your suggestion here? Reduce PD on AI? Thats not possible without reducing pd for players since the AI use player ships.

It sounds like you just want to be able to bomb planets for pres unimpeded in scenario...

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-07 19:56   
No, I don't bomb for pres.

What I'd like is either AI that take a while to come back and don't spam in an unlimited tide when I attempt to clear them, or less AI.

I don't want undefended planets with no AI. I don't want bombing to be impossible because an AI jumps in every 30 seconds.

On the other hand, when I do go to bomb a planet with little or no AI at it, I can bomb unimpeded for a long time. AI seem to prioritize ship distress calls over planet distress calls.
[ This Message was edited by: iwancoppa on 2013-01-07 19:59 ]

Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-07 20:09   
This is by all means a team game. Your not supposed to be able to solo bomb easily. If you bring allies you can bomb all you'd like to but if you don't... expect difficulty doing so.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-07 20:44   
Ok, so make it that I can actually get my friendly AI units to help me and cool!

Forcing people to play as a team when there is no team does not work.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-01-07 23:17   
Build a couple planets with 10 Barracks and just flood the planet with inf instead of bombing, works every time.

hzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-08 02:07   
you can get your own ai by using credits

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-08 05:09   
Quote:

On 2013-01-08 02:07, ksa07 wrote:
you can get your own ai by using credits

Do you really expect me to spend significant amounts of credits on personal AI in games that last 3 hours?

Amun-Ra
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-08 06:47   
I always use a bigger ship to kill those AIs =/ it works.

Page created in 0.018561 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR