- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » UGTO insta pop faction
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author UGTO insta pop faction
BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2013-01-08 15:41   
Quote:

On 2013-01-08 14:54, Fattierob wrote:
Nothing has changed balance wise for months. At all. Why is it suddenly such a huge problem? Why is it such an issue that needs to be spammed on the forums in countless threads? Why has nobody done any kind of real testing and continue to just sit around and complain with what they think is right?

Ugto were grumbling about our armour nerf since it happened...it's just no-one listened, when ICC sheilds got buffed, that was another issue that was brought up, again no-one listened. This time the proof is from an enemy player's own words. UGTO is known as the "insta pop faction"

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-08 15:57   
Evidently he didn't hold his rank very long on luth, he already got bumped down to 1st rear again. :3

The game certainly has been a little different lately with these small buffs and debuffs to things. It's not impossible to win, it's just more difficult than it was prior. A few months ago UGTO would ram through any defense the other factions would try to put up but now that doesn't happen quite as often as it used to.

It's an online game, it will never be issued a "final patch". The numbers will constantly be changing, this happens in games all over the internet. I think the whole reason trouble like this gets started is because it's always "Shut up and quit QQing." whenever somebody posted a suggestion or complaint. We all need to grow up a bit and come to a compromise to actually test these things out and find out are they really QQing or is this an actual problem?

I don't know about the whole "insta-pop" thing, it certainly doesn't seem too bad. 3 Mandibles is hardly a decent example because as already previously stated anything against 3 mandibles will get popped extremely quickly.
[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle[Helper] on 2013-01-08 16:00 ]

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-08 16:10   
Oh my god, are we really going through this pain again.

You're reducing my IQ by significant amounts with these posts, not to mention causing pain to my brain.

You're using one player's oppinion as factual evidence to support your claims on a statistical, numeric matter? What the fig, dude.

Not to mention in previous posts you seemed to be complaining about both factions teaming up on you or something?

[ This Message was edited by: iwancoppa on 2013-01-08 16:15 ]

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-08 16:19   
Quote:

On 2013-01-08 15:36, Chewy Squirrel wrote:
Are we really going to go through this every single day?

UGTO was slightly op compared to the other factions for most of the lifetime of this game. Hell ICC pretty much ceased to exist at some points of the game because of how underpowered they were. Only recently have ICC and Luth received comparable survivability buffs. It seems UGTO is just having trouble fighting two other balanced factions for once instead of being able to ROFLSTOMP them with support stations. You've been op for so long that proper balance makes you feel weak.

Carefull there chewy your making sence. And they dont like it when someone makes sence.

And could you guys just learn to play the game. The game is the most balanced it has been in YEARS and you cant handle it. It has been nothing but whine and conplain about anything that gives a fraction an advantage over you. The older missle frig where ICC would kill your dreads and stations because you REFUSED to get in anything smaller to counter us. Then it was ICCs use of smaller ships to fly around your dreads and stations and god forbid you fly anything smaller than a dread to counter that. That is just two of a lot of cases where a number of UGTO players would not adapt to a changing and evolving game. So in the words that have been told by UGTO Over and Over when ever ICC would bring to light a bug or flaw in the game "adapt or die"

-END RANT

[ This Message was edited by: Soulless. on 2013-01-08 16:25 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-08 16:22   
I'd also like to note that Non-RSM people still seem to be having no trouble at all with there "poof faction" ships. Perhaps it's time to learn to play?

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2013-01-08 17:14   
Quote:

On 2013-01-08 16:22, iwancoppa wrote:
I'd also like to note that Non-RSM people still seem to be having no trouble at all with there "poof faction" ships. Perhaps it's time to learn to play?

Such a childish comment...... anyway....

i can count on 1 finger how many times i see a non RSM ugto member, thats probably why you dont see many other non RSM ugto complaining.

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2013-01-08 17:49   
Actually when you do a 1 on 1 fight, the factions are pretty well balanced out as near as I can see. UGTO have best overall combat when it comes to defense and offensive capabilities. ICC have the best Defensive Capabilities with their Shields and being able to rotate said Shields to different arcs to increase survivability. KLuth have by far the best Offensive abilities, as their weapons have the highest damage percentage in the game, but suck as their hull and armor are really weak in comparison to the other factions.

Each faction is balanced in terms of how they play against one another, again the key issue here is playerbase and teamwork. KLuth has good teamwork going on between its players at the moment, as does RSM on UGTO from what Ive seen. Fact of the matter is, now its how you fly your ship and how well everyone plays together that makes the difference in battles, not who has the highest ranked ship.

As for the AI, yeah, they gonna die quickly, they only fly in straight lines and dont try dodging, so naturally, they die fast.

Email UnknownWarrior
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-08 17:51   
I'm going to say right now unless im missing something there isn't anything game changing that those kluth players were saying. Three mandi's will pop my LS, SS, or SCB just as easy as any ugto station. Plus they were trying to recruit a new person, so who says they were being completely serious? They probably would say the same thing about ICC.

Ugto no longer have the most tanky assault ship coupled with the most firepower. EAD isn't the golden ship it used to be, and I doubt the Dev team is looking to change this.

Quote:
Ugto were grumbling about our armour nerf since it happened...it's just no-one listened, when ICC sheilds got buffed, that was another issue that was brought up, again no-one listened. This time the proof is from an enemy player's own words. UGTO is known as the "insta pop faction"

UGTO did receive a 7% armor HP nerf, but only after the previous version you had received a 20% armor HP increase and your def ehs EAD's could solo stations. I have no idea why you think you are the "insta pop" faction as 1v1 EAD vs an uncloaked mandi or siphon you will win easily, but if you want to keep continuing to beat a dead horse be my guest.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Brutality *COM* on 2013-01-08 18:03 ]

Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-01-08 18:43   
My lord.. have you ever though that might just be smack talk?...
Also regarding the supposed "Armor nerf" it happened because UGTO got a 20% armor buff, and ICC had a (5?)% armor reduction... Just saying. You're stronger than you were before, and this was like 5-6 months ago.
[ This Message was edited by: Boolean Argument on 2013-01-08 18:44 ]

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2013-01-08 19:01   
Ok heres a question for you all - If RSM was to go icc or kluth permenent what do you think would happen to UGTO?

I can pretty much guaruntee UGTO would be in the same situation icc was a couple of patches ago - obselete. Why? well beacause UGTO are nearly unplayable but i guess you guys wont understand that beacause you dont play as ugto long enough to get a feel for things, especialy the devs and mods that keep locking these posts unnecessarily.

Bye UGTO

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-08 19:10   
I imagine in a perfect world people would slowly filter in to UGTO to either get away from RSM or to support us, it has happend before.

I say we handled ourselves pretty well just an hour ago against ICC, this "insta-pop" business is clearly just some joking banter. It just sucks when people start to log off when UGTO starts to lose, I have seen it happen plenty of times and it certainly is saddening to see.
[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle[Helper] on 2013-01-08 19:13 ]

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-01-08 19:15   
I remember when lasers did the same amount of damage to standard as it did to ablative armour.
Uggies apparently knew for months but didn't report it, i found out while playing a alt and told Jacky.. (You were in-game when i found out to boot hovering round luyten.)

Guess what we did..

We tested it..
Confirmed it...
Changed it...

What your talking about is mere rumors and a comment that looks like it was said in jest.

If you want to complain, you do it with facts and make some effort to prove it.

If you want to continue with rumors, just tell me when you want me to get on and I'll say all the "proof" you want.

This isn't the steam forums.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-01-08 19:32   
Quote:

On 2013-01-08 15:19, Walrus of Apathy wrote:
"Get 3 mandi's together and UGTO go poof"

Well hell, you get 3 Mandi's together and everything in the game goes poof, that isn't news.

You beat me to it.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-01-08 20:16   
All that has needed to be said has been said.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.023315 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR