Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Battleserver(name credited to [*RSM*]Bladerunner2014)
 Author Battleserver(name credited to [*RSM*]Bladerunner2014)
Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-27 20:25   
This is my idea:

Have a server where there are no ranks.- What!?! The madness!

Not really, most of the playerbase is at dread rank or higher now. For a new player starting out it is annyoing to kill a ship ten times the size they are. Yes it might not seem hard for us now cause we know how to play but to a new person the game is harder to them.

What about ships and when you use them?

Well the solution is for this server you dont, you can use any ship you like.
Whats the fun of that you ask? Well you can play without risk of losing rank and you dont have to say "I wish i could use (insert a ship)." Because you already can.

Other then using any ship what makes this different from beta?

Good question, I am glad I asked. Well you can use any faction. This includes MI and Pirates. This is because during my little over a year playing DarkSpace I have noticed many people and including myself wanting to play MI and/or Pirates. It would be a newer change to us. And I think amny would like it.

If I remember or want to ad more i will later, but for now why dont you put you opion or add on some ideas for this. Thanks for reading!

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2013-01-27 20:35   

we've been down this road before. rampant exploitation, utter lack of pres gain (and you can see how much people whine when they spend an hour or two playing and dont have more pres than when they started), not to mention further fragmenting an already small community (and you dont really want to spend more time playing all by yourself do you).

all sorts of not-gonna-happen

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-27 21:02   

[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2013-01-30 07:56 ]

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-27 23:26   
As Doran has already stated this topic has come up in the past every year or so. He has also pointed out the reasons why this is a bad idea.

I would also like to add 12 years ago when I first started I was a newbie flying around with a bunch of dreads munching down on me and I admit it was annoying. But this is the reason why we play a game, it is to start of new and work up to something bigger and better. If we start everyone off with all the perks then what is the point of playing the game? No pres gain, everyone in dreads and stations (You think it is bad now then imagine what it would be like), no contrast at all with the element of the game, etc...

The only thing I can agree to is the MI/Pirate suggestion. However unfortunately it will NEVER happen We should petition to get competitions again where we can allow winners access to pirate accounts. If that is something you all want then I will work with the other staff members and try to get that going again. Humaaans will never fly MI. That is just how it is. They are a fare to OP race for players to actually use. I would rather see the efforts of admins and devs balancing and working with the three factions we have to better them then to throw a fourth in the picture. There are FAR to many complaints and gripes abouth the balancing of the three factions we have nevermind adding a fourth and fifth.

Food for thought.

PS - So now that you know MI/Pirates are out of the picture for sure what is the difference between this idea and the Beta server that is up now?
[ This Message was edited by: Challenger on 2013-01-27 23:43 ]

Email Challenger
Page created in 0.009349 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR