No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The one thing this game needs...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author The one thing this game needs...
Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-28 09:00   
Is not nerfs to UGTO's weapons or ICC's shields.
But player. That one thing that will make this game fun as hell are more players.

So.. where are they?
Not playing the game, I can tell you that much, and we need to correct this!

I see about 2 or 3 threads per year on this subject, and everyone brings all their advertisement ideas in the hopes that at least one of them will bring some more new players to the game.

So, what are your ideas this year?

YouTube seems to be a very popular site for people to see gameplay and/or trailers of games, which would usually make them interested in those games. There are already a few amazing DarkSpace videos out there, made by Guyton, and they are very good. But, sadly, they don't get a very big view count.

Also, his videos are very well made and all, but there is a lack of tutorial videos. Also, advice from players is another thing new players need. For example, when a new player enters the game, how is he suppose to know that all the action happens in Sag? He probably spawns in the starting systems, sees there is no one there and probably leaves. At least, that's my theory.

I might work on some tutorial videos but I doubt they will get a very large view count.

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-28 09:06   
Doesn't it already say somewhere to ask for help in the chat box or in a room if you need help.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2013-01-28 09:26   
I agree, I beleive the game is as balanced as its ever been, and simply needs more players.
Imagine if there were constantly at least 10 people on each faction online, and we had a map to better fit more players, this game would truly fill its awesome potential.

Kluth has been pulling large numbers lately, but im sure ICC has been doing the same(different times of the day)

-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-28 13:08   
Quote:

Also, his videos are very well made and all, but there is a lack of tutorial videos. Also, advice from players is another thing new players need. For example, when a new player enters the game, how is he suppose to know that all the action happens in Sag? He probably spawns in the starting systems, sees there is no one there and probably leaves. At least, that's my theory.

I might work on some tutorial videos but I doubt they will get a very large view count.

i did this but i wandered into sag and here i am now

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-28 13:48   
There is a whole forum content for new players http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewforum.php?forum=13&2578

There are video links in there as well. I know I have made some newbie videos and others have as well. They just need to be researched in order to find them. Research... ie.... look in the forum.

Email Challenger
*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-28 14:11   
Imo to have more fights is to make a map a lil bit smaller then this one with one sistem for each faction and we can find each other easyer. An icc player to travel to cincinnati would take 5 min or more with a dread and that is damn borring, havind the map small with 1 jump or two it can reach the conflict and he can ejoy the gameplay.

[ This Message was edited by: Flash. on 2013-01-28 14:12 ]

Email *Flash*
PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-28 14:36   
Perhaps throw our name around gaming forums to remind people we are still here?

As of now, the only way you are going to find DarkSpace is if you stumble across it in the deep dark depths of the interwebs where nobody ever looks.

This game is a diamond amid tons of muck and sludge, we just need to get our name back out there.

I don't mean spend thousands of dollars on advertising, but just start a topic on a few popular gaming forums. Maybe even contact a few review sites after the new Ship Tier System get's released.
[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle[Helper] on 2013-01-28 15:08 ]

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-01-28 15:00   
Advertising.

All these problems would magically disappear if we had advertising. There are a lot of MMOs that are absolute crap compared to DS that have 500x our player numbers, because they have the resources to advertise their presence and we don't.

If any of you have a couple of thousand dollars to put forward to advertise, now would be the time to speak up.

Email Walrus of Apathy
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-28 20:08   
I haven't been playing DS because this is one of the few games where you get demoted for dying, and I just can't play the game and relax, because the threat of loss constantly looming over me is just too much to bare.

I just don't really find it fun, because you end up getting interdicted and chewed up and lose prestige that took a long time to accumulate (At least for me)

And as for more players... Well, half my friends just uninstalled it because they planet dived 10 times and had no idea what was going on, or they didn't play it at all because the game looked like garbage, and put your little minnow in a tank of sharks.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2013-01-28 20:54   
Quote:

On 2013-01-28 20:08, Fluttershy wrote:
I haven't been playing DS because this is one of the few games where you get demoted for dying, and I just can't play the game and relax, because the threat of loss constantly looming over me is just too much to bare.

The frosted side of me seriously thinks youre kidding. Not to metion I've actually seen people die and get promoted.

Quote:

I just don't really find it fun, because you end up getting interdicted and chewed up and lose prestige that took a long time to accumulate (At least for me)

look before you leap?

Quote:

And as for more players... Well, half my friends just uninstalled it because they planet dived 10 times and had no idea what was going on, or they didn't play it at all because the game looked like garbage, and put your little minnow in a tank of sharks.

Hi my name is Larry, this is my cousin Darrel and this is my other cousin Darrel..

50% of Darrels recommend Darkspace for some planet smashing good times!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-01-28 20:56   
Quote:

On 2013-01-28 20:08, Fluttershy wrote:

Well there's always Pacman....

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-28 21:06   
I do tend to play pretty cautiously, but k'luth love to stage ambushes, work in large numbers, and can take risks that ICC and UGTO can't, since they're able to cloak after depleting their jump drive...

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-28 21:08   
Quote:

On 2013-01-28 21:06, Fluttershy wrote:
I do tend to play pretty cautiously, but k'luth love to stage ambushes, work in large numbers, and can take risks that ICC and UGTO can't, since they're able to cloak after depleting their jump drive...

Should come back Flutter, it's been quite fun lately dealing with all the RSM lurking about in AD's.

[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle[Helper] on 2013-01-28 21:09 ]

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-28 23:27   
I might come play DS again, I've just been playing a lot of planetside2 lately.
Have you guys tried PS2 yet?
I'll see if I can get the Sol Navy outfit to get their asses over here and try DS.

Hyperforce
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2013-01-29 03:04   
Quote:

On 2013-01-28 09:06, -DBS wrote:
Doesn't it already say somewhere to ask for help in the chat box or in a room if you need help.

True but would this not be presumed in just about all online games? i caan tell u right now ive almost never read a game manuall everything i learnt myself and what i didnt know i asked and there is usually always someone willing to help in darkspace more so than others this is not the ISSUE.

Goto the website of Hyperforce
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026180 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR