- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » ***Tutorial Videos For New Players***
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author ***Tutorial Videos For New Players***
PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2013-02-08 20:52   
Keep up the good work Challenger.

I think his voice is lovely, as are his videos, despite what some may or may not say.

I am aware not everyone has the best internet connections, but from what I can see, GCQL text is visible at 480p.

I don't see how the viewer will be distracted by the wallpaper if they are there looking for information. Unless they happen to be very easily distracted, or have short term memory loss and forgot what they are they for.

Keywords is a good idea, he can always just add them using Youtube's video editing feature when they get mentioned.

Very few people are complaining about his voice, so the effort required to write a script and re-do all the video's is not worth the outcome of catering towards a few people who dislike his tone.

[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle[Helper] on 2013-02-08 20:56 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-02-08 21:42   

Remember guys. This is his personal effort done out of his love for the game, and for his community. He's not getting paid for it.

So keep your comments reasonable.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-02-08 23:05   
[quote]
On 2013-02-08 20:05, Challenger wrote:
Quote:

Everyone has a different opinion of course. But Talien I do agree with you a bit, my voice can be monotone at times and sure I will work on improving that a bit. Those of you who actually know me better then you do know that I am on 16 different meds, I bounce in and out of hospitals, bounce off and on with remission and serious infections.... Needless to say I am a pretty sick dude. A lot of times my meds or current cancer or infection status wipe me completely out and WALA /me monotone. Sure I can sit on my ass and sit in the lobby and do nothing but I chose to make videos. Not being sarcastic, I do apologize as coming off monotone-ish.

I recently purchased a couple of programs just so I can make these videos and that is the reason why I can make high resolution full length videos. So thank you for the compliment. I honestly accept your input, respect it, and rest assured I am not bored; but I will not be asking anyone to do a voice over.

I don't see why you'd have to apologize, the way you present it is indeed clear and easy to understand, it was just the tone that sounded off. But as someone who has friends and family who are under medication for serious illness I get what you mean about meds taking a toll, my parents are both cancer patients and I have a friend who is schizophrenic. That said, keep up the good work.

However I do have one suggestion, for ship selection maybe you could add in an explanation about the different class buttons on the left, I'd imagine many people don't even realize they're selectable, I know I didn't at first. If you want to grab, say, a Heavy Cruiser it's quicker to hit the Cruiser button and find it from a list of 6 ships instead of looking at the full list to pick it out.

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-02-08 23:57   
Thank you for understanding. At 8:15 I mention the filters and click on the Station one and the Scout one because i wanted to show what they do (the filters). Your suggesting that I click and show each filter?

Email Challenger
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-02-09 00:05   
Yeah, I realize it's not entirely necessary since most people SHOULD be able to figure out what the others are for since you showed those two, but even just clicking each one for a second and saying what ship type it's for would be good for completeness' sake.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-02-09 09:32   
You have bass tone don't you Challenger?

FireswordIII
Vice Admiral
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-02-10 09:12   
Challenger this is really handy, I even learned an easier way of
/sending someone . I will most likely be sending some people here from other games

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-02-11 20:40   
DarkSpace Ship Selection Updated

Tutorial videos added to the DS WIKI

Email Challenger
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-02-11 23:31   
Darkspace Basic Bombing updated

Added Darkspace Bombing Assist to the list .....Old software, voice was recorded seperately from video. So the narrative was kind of rushed. I will get around to making a new one and updating.
[ This Message was edited by: Challenger on 2013-02-11 23:46 ]

Email Challenger
Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-02-11 23:44   
Quote:

On 2013-02-11 23:31, Challenger wrote:
Darkspace Basic Bombing updated

I saw in your bombing video that you had the velocity bug ^^

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-02-11 23:49   
Yeah, I could have mentioned that but I don't want the viewers outside of this game to get the idea that we are all buggy. We admit we have bugs but it isnt good to advertise it I am just happy that we have A LOT LESS bugs then we used to have a few years ago.

Added an updated Trannies N' Such video
[ This Message was edited by: Challenger on 2013-02-12 00:11 ]

Email Challenger
icunvnme

Posted: 2013-02-12 03:37   
I really want to thank you for the videos. I came across them on youtube and the game looks good and the videos really explain a lot. It is better then sitting down for an hour or so and just read a manual.

I plan on getting my friends involved as well. One already saw the videos and liked what he saw.

Good job and keep up the good work

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-02-12 08:34   
Quote:

On 2013-02-12 03:37, icunvnme wrote:
I really want to thank you for the videos. I came across them on youtube and the game looks good and the videos really explain a lot. It is better then sitting down for an hour or so and just read a manual.

I plan on getting my friends involved as well. One already saw the videos and liked what he saw.

Good job and keep up the good work

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle, those videos actually snagged us one!

Email Walrus of Apathy
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-02-12 18:19   
New ship selection video is good, I can't think of anything else it needs. Only thing I can think of to add to the Transport video is to point out that the 2 Infantry that come with newly spawned transports are always recruits, so it's a good idea to drop them on a planet so they can level themselves up if you're going to be loading new troops.

Haven't watched the rest yet but I'll get around to it eventually.

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-02-13 07:48   
I will cover that in advanced videos. Just want to get the basics out there first. There are a few more things to cover with the transport ship.

Thank you though.

Email Challenger
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.021000 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR