No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Counter Weapons
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Counter Weapons
Wessssss
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-02-23 12:13   
Each faction complains about the others advantage. Kluth cloak, ICC shields, UGTO damage. So why not provide weapons that would counter that.

UGTO and ICC would get something like a tracker beacon. that would stay with the cloaked Kluth ship for a short time period

Kluth and UGTO would be able to have something like an EMP cannon that would shred shields faster then normal weapons.

and then Kluth and ICC would be able to have like Reactive Armor, that would lessen the blows of the UGTO hits

each of these would only be provided upon swapping out something else. EMP cannon replaces torpedos, tracker beacon could be the same. and regular armor could be swapped for the Reactive Armor. So if you are in an engagement that is mostly Kluth say, you could optimize your ship against them at the sacrifice of overall combat efficiency.

because for all the years these fights have been going on, neither side has developed technology to counter the others? c'mon now.

Hicks
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-02-23 12:25   
Just fyi: ELF weapons already do increased damage to ICC shields. Tracker beacon would negate the cloak altogether, and Reactive armor? I dont understand what you mean by "reactive".

Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-02-23 12:27   
Quote:

On 2013-02-23 12:25, Hicks wrote:
Just fyi: ELF weapons already do increased damage to ICC shields. Tracker beacon would negate the cloak altogether, and Reactive armor? I dont understand what you mean by "reactive".

Actually ELF does nothing against shields. It does no damage at all, just drains energy. You probably meant EMP. In that case, I'm not sure.

Ignorance
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-02-23 12:42   
No, ELF does a bit of damage to shields in my experience, but not enough to be worth talking about.

[ This Message was edited by: Ignorance[Helper] on 2013-02-23 12:42 ]

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2013-02-23 17:13   
Quote:

On 2013-02-23 12:13, Wessssss wrote:
Each faction complains about the others advantage. Kluth cloak, ICC shields, UGTO damage. So why not provide weapons that would counter that.

UGTO and ICC would get something like a tracker beacon. that would stay with the cloaked Kluth ship for a short time period

We have beacons, they used to do this.

Kluth and UGTO would be able to have something like an EMP cannon that would shred shields faster then normal weapons.

UGTO Have an EMP cannon.

and then Kluth and ICC would be able to have like Reactive Armor, that would lessen the blows of the UGTO hits

I don't play alot of luth but i think chit armor has higher defense against projectiles. As for ICC Skirmish shields.

each of these would only be provided upon swapping out something else. EMP cannon replaces torpedos, tracker beacon could be the same. and regular armor could be swapped for the Reactive Armor. So if you are in an engagement that is mostly Kluth say, you could optimize your ship against them at the sacrifice of overall combat efficiency.

because for all the years these fights have been going on, neither side has developed technology to counter the others? c'mon now.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2013-02-23 17:41   
It's called using smart tactics. Plus we already have beacons and EMP cannons.

Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-02-23 19:11   
UGTO's main advantage is attrition (in my experience) our heavy armour and higher hull points allow us to operate longer than other factions. Our projectile weapons (Partical Cannon, Proton TOrp) do slightly more damage but not that much to be noteworthy.

ICC shields are a huge advantage but also better manuverablity and longer range.

K'Luth's advantage is, of course, cloak but also the massive amount of damage a single alpha can do. Thier weapons do the most damage in a single strike compared to the other factions.

*NOTE* this is based upon my experience the seprate faction's experts can speak more so for themsleves. I'm just a humble UGTO player.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Ignorance
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-02-23 19:21   
Well said.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2013-02-23 19:33   
From my expeience, shields are resistant to ELF.
Meaning no energy is restored when my ELF hits shields but functions as normal when it is able to hit hull/armor.

Point Of No Return
Chief Marshal
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2013-02-23 21:32   
achilles fly ICC and see just how hudge an advantage shields are when after taking a couple of alfs from ugto or kulth dred ships and your targeted arc of shield is blown away you naturaly try to recharge it by draining your other 3 arcs down to about less than half shield and the next alf kills the shield arc you just brought back up, so now with the recharge rate and the in combat timmer on because either you used your weapons or you just got shot by an enemy or an enemy AI fighter your shields only recharge 1-2% if your lucky. This results in your ship loosing 1 layer of defense on all arc's only after few moments of combat and leaveing only 1 layer of standard armor on all 4 arcs while your enemy who has 2 layers of variable armor on all 4 arcs. or like some ICC have taken the option to leave the shields off until thier armor is completely destroyed before tuning thier shields on in an effort to keep from running ot of power for weapon recharge of railguns and lazors and torps,missles,fighters.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2013-02-23 23:06   
Quote:

On 2013-02-23 21:32, Point Of No Return wrote:
after taking a couple of alfs

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2013-02-23 23:07 ]

Amun-Ra
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-02-24 05:15   
Although im a Luth player, but Luth with shields is pretty OP.

Wessssss
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-02-24 22:38   
so what it sounds like is all the things i mentioned there was, but have been disabled?

i'm just sick of fights being about who can camp an area longer. Can't attack kluth (from ICC) because you don't know where they are and if you move from a home planet or fleet they will just pick you off one at a time and then cloak/jump away.

As a Kluth can't full on attack the ICC because as a whole they outmatch you.

most decent system battles are determined by who can have the most players stay logged on. once there's a swing, that's the side that wins. after say 3 hours of back and forth (aka sitting around) eventually one sides player count falls and that's it system lost.

The only really great fights have been between the ICC and UGTO and even then the ICC have the advantage. And most of the time I see no one on UGTO probably because they are the lowest of the factions as far as perks go.

My point is just if there was a way to null the other sides advantage there would be more deciding engagements.

ALSO SIDE QUESTION: Why was the dico ship disabled? those things would make fights sooo much more interesting.

hzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-02-25 03:45   
Quote:

On 2013-02-24 22:38, Wessssss wrote:
so what it sounds like is all the things i mentioned there was, but have been disabled?

i'm just sick of fights being about who can camp an area longer. Can't attack kluth (from ICC) because you don't know where they are and if you move from a home planet or fleet they will just pick you off one at a time and then cloak/jump away.

most decent system battles are determined by who can have the most players stay logged on. once there's a swing, that's the side that wins. after say 3 hours of back and forth (aka sitting around) eventually one sides player count falls and that's it system lost.

The only really great fights have been between the ICC and UGTO and even then the ICC have the advantage. And most of the time I see no one on UGTO probably because they are the lowest of the factions as far as perks go.

My point is just if there was a way to null the other sides advantage there would be more deciding engagements.

ALSO SIDE QUESTION: Why was the dico ship disabled? those things would make fights sooo much more interesting.

i miss the days where planets were actually useful not bunch of rocks that float in the space limited in their roles

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2013-02-25 06:22   
Quote:

On 2013-02-24 22:38, Wessssss wrote:

The only one that has been disabled is the beacons, due to the new cloak system.

This is a team game, so you shouldn't really be moving away from your fleet unless you are doing a task that requires it like scouting or bombing. If you know luth are in the system stay together and make sure all players are running any available ECCM. If you have enough of it the energy drain for cloak will make it harder for the luth to escape after any hit and run attacks, but blind shooting is critical to deny them the energy re-gen bonus during OOC.

This kind of contradicts your second point. If they have equal numbers a well coordinated team of luth can take on an ICC fleet.

I agree with this point, but it could be due to people only trying one strategy in order to accomplish an objective like attacking a system. Usually the idea is to get a bunch of dreads and stations and fly to or near a planet and press space bar till all the red diamonds are gone. The problem is if the enemy also has a fleet of dreads and stations it becomes a stalemate. There is a big selection of ships that can do some pretty crafty stuff when you work together with people.

I personal enjoy ICC vs UGTO more than ICC vs Luth, but fighting Luth can still be fun if you work together with your teammates and effectively use blind firing and ECCM coverage.

You can already do this, it just takes some creative thinking with the ships available!

It made people log off due to its ability to trap and kill dreads and stations.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025157 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR