Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Ship Class Talents
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Ship Class Talents
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-03-16 12:35   
Quote:

On 2013-03-16 07:47, Moghedan wrote:
Be honest. How many of your priorly 6, currently 8, ship slots do you have currently, and are willing to fill with a support ship?

2, actually. Used to be 3 until the Sensor Frigate got nerfed, now I have one perpetually empty slot.

Quote:

Your point value system may or may not need to be scrapped. It comes down to what is the point system based upon?How much is each ship worth? How much does each component cost? Why are ship class locked items like build given a point value? Does the point system take into account the incredibly stupid level system created in 1.483? IE... do level 10 cannons cost more than level 4 cannons? Does it cost more at the same ratio that the levels add power, in raw damage and range? Don't forget the longer the range, the faster the projectile, making higher level weapons more accurate as well. Does it account for all those things?

No, higher level gadgets don't cost more than lower level gadgets. A CL on a Scout costs the same as a CL on a Station. Higher level weapons don't have longer range and faster projectile speed, infact the reverse is true. From what I recall the range stays the same but speed gets lower and damage gets bigger with higher levels.
Quote:

If you aren't aware, the "level system" should never have been applied to weapons... just to armor, hull, and shields, and to should not affect regen.

From what I remember it doesn't affect regen, just max HP. I could be wrong though.

Quote:

And yes, I know we have been beating the devs over the head with "Make smaller ships viable" forever. Seems like every time we get one to even think about it, they quit.

Actually it's more like whenever there's a viable smaller ship it gets nerfed into the ground after people who refuse to use anything but Dreadnoughts cry endlessly about how it's "not fun" and the ship is "OP" instead of using anything that would counter it.

Ignorance
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-03-16 13:05   
Teamwork shalt solve all of thy problems, children.

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-03-16 13:29   
Quote:

On 2013-03-16 12:35, Talien wrote:
Actually it's more like whenever there's a viable smaller ship it gets nerfed into the ground after people who refuse to use anything but Dreadnoughts cry endlessly about how it's "not fun" and the ship is "OP" instead of using anything that would counter it.

Reminds me of that brief spate of missile frigates being used, which I actually found quite fun because you were forced to develop a tactic to deal with them.

Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-03-16 21:59   
Quote:

No, higher level gadgets don't cost more than lower level gadgets. A CL on a Scout costs the same as a CL on a Station. Higher level weapons don't have longer range and faster projectile speed, infact the reverse is true. From what I recall the range stays the same but speed gets lower and damage gets bigger with higher levels.

For nearly all weapons, as level increases, damage increases and projectile speed increases.

Weapons, other than beams, do not have a fixed range but rather a time to live. Faster projectiles, IE, higher level projectiles, travel further during that time to live, thus, have longer range.

This causes lower level ships a number of problems, chief among them... in a battle between two larger ships, a smaller ship has no option but to be between the two larger combatants.

IE... Your two compatriots are flying Siphons. You are in a Claw. Your opponents are UGTO Dreads. As such, the three Kluth ships maneuver in such a way as to largely block the return fire of two of the UGTO dreads by shielding themselves with the bulk of the third.

Two Siphon decloak at range and proceed to eat away at the very suprised UGTO's armor.

You are flying the Claw... what do you do?

Option A - Proceed into weapons range, decloak, and fire. Even without being in Disruptor range, you are forced to be moving to avoid a killing blow from the dread's weapons. Be being in weapons range yourself, you are completely blocking the two Siphon's ability to fire. You are almost immediately in UGTO Assault Beam range, and probably die before your third volley of AM Torps. If you had just fired two, you might live, but the loss of the Siphon's fire was a net loss in damage for the team.

Option B - Attack a different ship or different facing. The enemy dread will be dead long before you penetrate armor, making your fire pointless in the overall shape of the game. You are also not shielded from the other dreads. Chances are, you are dead before the second volley.

Option C - Remain clocked and watch the battle. Earn no pres. Make no progress toward not being in the same situation tomorrow.

But No... lets continue as we have for the last ten years...

Our UGTO overlords,
who arte in EADs,
solopwnship be thy name,
thy close jump come,
thy ship melting be done at short range,
on dreads as it is on frigates,
give us this day our bounty of kills,
and fear ne'er mine nor missile,
for we have both scanner and Point Defense,
and lead us not into cloaked Kluth,
but deliver to us thy blessed ping.

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.027026 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR