No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Cloak Failing
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Cloak Failing
Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-03-27 07:47   
The last several days, cloak is not taking effect 100% of the time.

I press the V key.
Cloak animation on my screen.
Cloak sound.
All my weapons lock and disable.
Sig goes to zero.

ICC keeps shooting me.
I am not referring to the some 5 second lag built in on ICC clientsides.
I am not referring to pinging or manual targeting.
I am not referring to their being a lot of ECCM and cloak taking longer to activate.

I am referring to... it does not cloak on their end. They have no idea I am supposed to be cloaked.

I have to exit cloak, and then recloak and it takes place.

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-03-27 09:29   
Could be a case of the connection on your end being unstable, could also be a factor of other things.

The animation is not linked into when you're cloaked - when your signature hits 0 - that's when your cloaked (and be sure to check if you're in a nebula or whatnot).

This is the first I've ever heard or seen of this, and other than a very high signature, there's not much that would account for this.

Do bare in mind it can take 7+ seconds to cloak a Dread in some cases.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2013-03-27 09:45   
Exactly the same thing is happening to me alot and also alot of other Kluth players.

Also noticed alot of times I can be afk cloaked far away from players and AI and stationary, I come back and I am no longer cloaked.
[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2013-03-27 09:48 ]

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2013-03-27 09:53   
Yeah something wierd with cloaking....ai retargeting me after already been cloaked and cloak will turn off by itself after awhile sometimes.

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2013-03-27 10:00   
The ai continue to shoot me after I cloak. I always figured its just lag like each ai has its own lag. Also if a player or ai still has beams targeting you then your still targetable. Like if I set beams to numbers like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ... and shoot them one at a time over lapping them, then I can continue to target you even though you are cloaked... I have seen this tactic used by players and I believe when there are a bunch of ai around it has the same effect... When you are at a ugto planet with sensor base's and sensor plats (in orbit range) You will be revealed most of the time, while in cloak...

Edit: I find that turning on ecm when cloaking gets me out of trouble faster, soon as your -0- sig for a few seconds then turn off ecm...
[ This Message was edited by: -DBS on 2013-03-27 10:02 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-03-27 10:01   
Cloak hasn't magically changed over night guys. No game changes have been made for a while.

Shooting a player with beams doesn't make them targettable. Neither does AI have its own lag. There's nothing going on with cloaking.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2013-03-27 10:02 ]

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2013-03-27 10:05   
Its been like this to me since cloak was changed like a year ago. I enjoy it as it makes it more difficult to sneak in and get away... Especially when in a dico field.

Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-03-27 10:27   

and I VERY expressly stated I was not referring to the time it took to cloak a dread in any situation.

I VERY expressly stated that my sig counted all the way down to zero.

I VERY expressly stated that I had to decloak and reactivate cloak to correct it.

You have a serverside coding issue in which under some as of yet unknown trigger causes cloak to reduce sig to zero, but does not disable the visual sighting component (regardless of sig, all dreads are visibile and targetable from so many GU away).

I cannot speak on if it also failed to render my ship graphic as invisible or not. You will have to question the ICC players... I think Delgado and some of the newer guys in Destroyers were closest to me in the last occurrence. However, I do now recall a recent instance where, as an ICC, I could see ... i think it was Two Face, might have been Deckard, as invisible but with targetable Diamond and green armor rings... the same as cloaked ships appear to friendlies. When I fired upon him, his ship then appeared normally as he fired back. At this time, he was sitting still camped just inside the Dreskona gate. He was not visible from Kona, but was as you got closer to the gate.

I considered it a graphics glitch at the time, but I now imagine he thought he was cloaked.

And before you dance off, yelling HA HA, calling it a "feature" and telling Novacat "there you go, now stuff it"... it is entirely possible that the inverse is true.

My client acted as if I was cloaked when I was not. If the trigger can be discovered, then the exploit would be possible to create situation where cloaked ships act as if they are not... able to fire, load, or jump. Likely, the graphic of the ship would be visible, but the targeting diamond would not be.

A combat ship would likely be reported swiftly as doing such, but a supply or a engineer... or a bomber would likely never been seen.

[ This Message was edited by: Dank Ma`arna C`arns on 2013-03-27 10:33 ]

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-03-27 12:42   
Quote:

On 2013-03-27 10:27, Dank Ma`arna C`arns wrote:

You have a serverside coding issue in which under some as of yet unknown trigger causes cloak to reduce sig to zero, but does not disable the visual sighting component (regardless of sig, all dreads are visibile and targetable from so many GU away).

I'm looking at it right now, and we don't. I'll look into it, but I've never seen this happen, and for me to fix it I need to replicate it.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-03-27 12:57   
I also had the same issues.

I have been under some weird circumstances that AI shoot my cloaking ships. They didn't shoot in curve line, they shot in straight line as if they had knew my cloaking must have been there.

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2013-03-27 16:36   
update...3 times so far today...my cloak turned off itself while I was sitting there cloaked...also other weird stuff happening to, the chat restarts over and over like when you first spawn into game, I get d/c all the time with 'unknown error" and today there were a swarm of ships around me on f2, but in gameplay screen I could only see one ship, and only the one i clicked on in f2- ally and enemy...something isnt right.

[ This Message was edited by: *Deckard* on 2013-03-27 16:41 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-03-27 17:43   
Quote:

On 2013-03-27 16:36, *Deckard* wrote:
update...3 times so far today...my cloak turned off itself while I was sitting there cloaked...also other weird stuff happening to, the chat restarts over and over like when you first spawn into game, I get d/c all the time with 'unknown error" and today there were a swarm of ships around me on f2, but in gameplay screen I could only see one ship, and only the one i clicked on in f2- ally and enemy...something isnt right.

No changes to code, server is running better than normal, I can't find anything wrong with the code (it hasn't changed) - I'd point to either you have accidentally enabled multicore on a machine that doesn't support it properly, or your connection is faulting big time.

I've never seen or experienced that behaviour from any client or my own, but multicore being enabled would explain a lot of odd crap happening from your end.

Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-03-27 19:54   
I can live with the occasionnal cloak bugs tbh.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-03-28 03:24   

This sometimes happen when your client gets desync'ed from the server. You look/think you're cloaked, but everyone else sees you uncloaked.

Relog usually solved this for me.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-03-28 15:08   
Maybe you are just underestimating how talented some ICC are at accurate blindfire. Especially when combined with the cloak acceleration bug and pinging...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029596 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR