- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +20.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The genocide of UGTO!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author The genocide of UGTO!
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2013-04-12 11:55   
Quote:

On 2013-04-12 01:05, Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC* wrote:
i think ugto has been king dog for so long that when icc got buffed it made it more balanced and uggie cant adapt. and b4 some says play uggie and you'll see, see what. rsm was the only active fleet in ugto so when they switch to icc or kluth theres no one on to play uggie. so there is where the imbalance comes in. wheres the Loyalty. c'mon man. when icc was not as strong they stood by there faction and when kluth got the krill nurfed, eccm ping, uncloaking bugs and cloak bugs we didnt leave and abandon our faction to prove anything we stood by kluth and we havent gotten any buffs. but those of you that think your helping the game by creating imbalance , well hmm all your doing is ruining the game by making it one sided. and if you think your helping your not. i think by switching to kluth from uggies it will make kluth look op and maybe just maybe it's a secret goal to undermind kluth to get us nerfed. but you know me i can make a conspiracy out of nothing .

nailed it!
i am thinking the same from very begining of this 'faction shifts'. every faction can be OP when it has the numbers.
one can get tracked and killed as luth pretty fast if enemy is in numbers.
im still loyal to kluth but i wont come back as long as there are unballanced numbers. i find it dull and boring to play 4:1

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-04-12 12:29   
There is nothing balanced with Kluth atm. We dont need numbers to kill you guys.

Email *Flash*
Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-04-12 13:28   
Quote:

On 2013-04-12 12:29, *Flash* wrote:
There is nothing balanced with Kluth atm. We dont need numbers to kill you guys.

Killing's one thing. But as was demonstrated yesterday in the MV, even 2 ICC ADs can withstand 2 siphons + 1 mandy and send em running at low hull in pretty much every engagement.

Sure, ICC has more chances to die in the engagement because we always focus on one target. But most of the time the other dread is mostly unscathed while the 3 Kluth dreads are in low hull and without a strong cloak we'd die a WHOLE LOT MORE.

I don't see any imbalance there. Simply a direct consequence of the cloak and current offense/defense values.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-04-12 15:44   
Quote:

On 2013-04-12 12:29, *Flash* wrote:

nice sig, with luth its always been numbers before, now with defence ods and chit armor siphons have roughly the same health as ugto standard armor. they're just slow as hell and turn like a boat.

Email Borgie
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-04-13 01:51   
Quote:

i think ugto has been king dog for so long that when icc got buffed it made it more balanced and uggie cant adapt. and b4 some says play uggie and you'll see, see what. rsm was the only active fleet in ugto so when they switch to icc or kluth theres no one on to play uggie. so there is where the imbalance comes in. wheres the Loyalty. c'mon man. when icc was not as strong they stood by there faction and when kluth got the krill nurfed, eccm ping, uncloaking bugs and cloak bugs we didnt leave and abandon our faction to prove anything we stood by kluth and we havent gotten any buffs. but those of you that think your helping the game by creating imbalance , well hmm all your doing is ruining the game by making it one sided. and if you think your helping your not. i think by switching to kluth from uggies it will make kluth look op and maybe just maybe it's a secret goal to undermind kluth to get us nerfed. but you know me i can make a conspiracy out of nothing .

Yeah, pretty much. And as I've said before the only thing that could really be considered underpowered about UGTO following the last major update is Particle Cannons, the increased falloff really hurt their effectiveness.

As far as RSM, they've always taken the easy road, everytime there's any kind of balance shift the majority of them move to whichever faction they think is OP. I do, however, have to give credit to the few like steveyk who consistently stick with UGTO regardless even when the rest of the fleet decides to move elsewhere.

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-04-13 02:40   
We have played ICC for a while now we are kluth and i dont see a problem here. Every fleet should do the same and try something different, new challenges. I find it borring playing one faction every day for a few years. At one point we`ll go back to UGTO but first we are waiting for 1.7 to be released hope very soon.
Btw the only challenge we had was with PB when we changed faction. I didnt see any other fleet do the same as us. Maybe you guys who are fleet admins should try this from time to time.
[ This Message was edited by: *Flash* on 2013-04-13 02:43 ]

Email *Flash*
Ak-47[Elite Assault Rifle]
Marshal

Posted: 2013-04-13 09:57   
Quote:

..... K'Luth were Never weak ... they're still OP and the easy play style enuff said .

I'm Already bored of killing both Icc and UTGO on it.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-04-13 18:18   
Quote:

On 2013-04-13 09:57, Ak-47[Elite Assault Rifle] wrote:

..... K'Luth were Never weak ... they're still OP and the easy play style enuff said .

there was a time, before you started playing, that luth ships where a joke. back in 483, they had the highest damage output, but armor so thin that you were hulled with 2 rounds from a battle dred, and on top of that 483 cloak was gimped due to beacons, 1 beacon ment you couldn't cloak for 2-3 mins. but to make up for all that the ahr repaired our ships really fast. also i remember luth dessies if they took a direct qst round they blew up in 1 shot..

Email Borgie
Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2013-04-13 19:22   
a faction is a designation of allegiance.

a faction has a faction morale, and an ideology.

you cannot kill the ideology, thus u cannot kill a faction. The thing that defines strenght of a faction, is how interesting it is to play.

Sooo once a faction is nerfed more then another, most player leave that faction. Is it bad? Well its kinda pussy style but understandable. also its the whole point behind the nerf/buff. isnt it? whats wrong here? ICC started strongest, went to worst, now middle faction. when luth got introduced icc got it bad a long time, while ugto could counter well.

ugto just recently had their good times for the longest time in darkspace. it has been relatively recent when ugto and icc got rebalanced...now its just the issue of the luth. Now in the old days, in these situations, icc and ugto worked together. But also, in old days, ppl had respect and only play 1 faction per day.

so there should be this end conclusion to the story with pointers how to do it all better, but now that i think of it, i have none...

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-04-14 06:26   
Quote:

On 2013-04-13 18:18, Borgie wrote:
Quote:

On 2013-04-13 09:57, Ak-47[Elite Assault Rifle] wrote:

there was a time, before you started playing, that luth ships where a joke. back in 483, they had the highest damage output, but armor so thin that you were hulled with 2 rounds from a battle dred, and on top of that 483 cloak was gimped due to beacons, 1 beacon ment you couldn't cloak for 2-3 mins. but to make up for all that the ahr repaired our ships really fast. also i remember luth dessies if they took a direct qst round they blew up in 1 shot..

...and what does that have to do with the balance problems of today?

Goto the website of Novacat
Ravenlight
Admiral

Posted: 2013-04-14 08:35   
want challenge? then why go on faction you think is the strongest?

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-04-14 09:15   
Quote:

On 2013-04-14 06:26, Novacat wrote:

...and what does that have to do with the balance problems of today?

nearly replying to ak-47's question if the luth ever were weak. and really i think the only reason people see luth as op is due to the cloak, and there ability to choose the time of the attack. take that away from them and there lower armor, wouldn't be a match for icc ships, let alone ugto's higher burst damage.

Email Borgie
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-04-14 13:46   
Back in those days, ICC were even weaker than Kluth, though.

[ This Message was edited by: Novacat on 2013-04-14 13:47 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-04-14 17:04   
icc dreds and stations where, there smaller ships where god like

Email Borgie
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-04-15 06:54   
Too bad that smaller ships were pretty much irrellevant in the era when the UGTO could roll over everything with EAD and SS blobs.

[ This Message was edited by: Novacat on 2013-04-15 06:55 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034039 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR