No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - almand

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » 1.7 Layouts: Where we are
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author 1.7 Layouts: Where we are
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-08-18 17:37   
The ICC Line Station has now joined its UGTO counterpart in Beta.

You may now re-enact "Clash of the Titans".

Email Jim Starluck
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-08-18 17:56   
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 17:37, Jim Starluck wrote:
The ICC Line Station has now joined its UGTO counterpart in Beta.

You may now re-enact "Clash of the Titans".

Corrupt gadgets on it, but I assume that will be fixed shortly.

[ This Message was edited by: Chewy Squirrel on 2013-08-19 12:56 ]

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-08-18 21:09   
Whoops, my bad. That right there is what you see when a gadget is left "blank". I forgot to define most of the Line Station's Proton Cruise Missiles as Proton Cruise Missiles. This will be getting corrected shortly, alongside the release of the UGTO Support Station.

Email Jim Starluck
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-08-19 06:57   
One of the missiles on the UGTO battle station seems to be placed incorrectly, did anyone else notice this or was this just a temporary glitch?

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-09-01 01:23   
Not quite sure what the point of having a single mining beam that is never in arc on the command station is. I assume it is there to replace it with a tractor beam? Why not just have a tractor in the stock layout

Lockdown
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-05 10:58   
still want to see a missle cruiser which doesnt easily get pded by a parasite or else.
5x quad missle launcherr would be great or more.

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2013-09-05 12:47   
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 21:07, Talien wrote:
Krill seems entirely too effective, I tested one vs Enterprise in a UGTO Lance Dreadnought and was able to go full speed while firing, and maintain full speed after cloaking and gain energy. I did hit and run attacks like that multiple times, and by the time I'd maneuvered to target the same arc again my energy was back to full. I'd suggest removing one aux gen and replacing it with another PD beam.

The damage is also alarmingly high, even from 800 range I still did 20% total armor damage with 4 alphas. 960 range for a non-missile luth weapon seems excessive. I'd suggest either increasing falloff for SI so it's like shooting spitballs at max range, or shortening the range to something more like 400-500.

Currently the Krill has a huge advantage over beam and torpedo armed ships which are supposed to have an advantage over it since it's a cannon ship, not only does it outrange them by a significant amount but it can sustain fire while going full speed with little energy loss which lets it actually dodge torps semi reliably. Tested this against Enterprise in a UGTO Torpedo Destroyer and I was able to avoid about 30% of his torps and eventually killed him due to SI's fast projectile speed.

Psi Focused Disruptors still fire against ships even though they're PD beams.

The krill is a sniper, it is supposed to shoot you from a far. It should have an advantage over beam and torp ships, because they are more up close and personal. Most cannon ships can sustain full speed and energy for a long time, CD... BD...

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-09-05 13:05   
Quote:
On 2013-09-05 12:47, -DBS wrote:
The krill is a sniper, it is supposed to shoot you from a far. It should have an advantage over beam and torp ships, because they are more up close and personal. Most cannon ships can sustain full speed and energy for a long time, CD... BD...

Regular cannons, sure, but cores not so much. Considering the Krill is armed with nothing but SI and is able to sustain full speed while firing and only slowly losing energy, there's something off.

But really the issue isn't so much with the Krill itself as it is with the SI it's loaded to the gills with.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-09-05 13:53   

What are the raw damage stats between a Krill and a Mandible/Siphon?

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-09-05 13:59   
IIRC the SI are equivalent to 4 cannons or 2 heavy cannons.
That would mean they have the equivalent of 14 heavy cannons on the front arc, with a slow rate of fire meaning higher damage per hit, so they're more opportunistic and deadly when used at the right moment against smaller ships.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-09-05 14:22   
Quote:
On 2013-09-05 13:59, Fluttershy wrote:
IIRC the SI are equivalent to 4 cannons or 2 heavy cannons.
That would mean they have the equivalent of 14 heavy cannons on the front arc, with a slow rate of fire meaning higher damage per hit, so they're more opportunistic and deadly when used at the right moment against smaller ships.

Normal weapon: 1 point
Heavy weapon: 2 points
Core weapon: 5 points

The SI is equal to 5 Psi Cannons, or 2.5 Heavy Psi Cannons.

Email Jim Starluck
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-09-06 06:28   
just noticed - engines dont stop generating energy even at full speed anymore (0.1 minimum generation for normal engines, 0.2 for capital)

the previous system of 0 regen at full speed was fine. this one makes it much less useful to slow down and maximise energy generation, rather it encourages moving at close to full speed for 50-70% regen (partially provided by auxiliary reactors).

@krill the SI's extreme damage variation (8k-55k) may be fine when firing for long durations, but its potential to do extremely high damage, 7 times over, is a bane for destroyers at 300 gu, and cruisers upto 500-600 gu. its damage potential is a problem. cooldown is appropriate though.

with that said, it still has cotton armor that barely matches a UGTO destroyer, and laughable PD and detection capabilities. it can bring hell on its targets, but itll also take hell from ships that can fire back or use EWar of any sort. missile ships will be do well, and carriers will have a field day against the krill.

i had the chance to fight an AI battle station in the krill. in 15 seconds, one missile volley and 2 positron cannon salvos, my krill had 2 armor arcs burnt through and hull at some 70%. a torpedo cruiser or similar would be able to do so aswell, in a slightly longer time.
[ This Message was edited by: Trader of Destiny on 2013-09-06 06:40 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-09-06 09:47   
Quote:
On 2013-09-06 06:28, Trader of Destiny wrote:
i had the chance to fight an AI battle station in the krill. in 15 seconds, one missile volley and 2 positron cannon salvos, my krill had 2 armor arcs burnt through and hull at some 70%. a torpedo cruiser or similar would be able to do so aswell, in a slightly longer time.

Taking damage like that from a BS is not surprising as the new BS/LS are meant to take on multiple Dreadnoughts.

But in my estimation, based on damage done in another test, at 600+ range a Krill could quite possibly take out a Battle Dread in a standup fight as Pcannon damage drops very sharply pas 300 GU or so thanks to the changes to their falloff, and it could conceivably give a Combat Dread a run for it's money as well and neither of those should happen. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it by design that a luth should lose rather badly against the same type ICC or UGTO ship if it doesn't make use of cloak and doesn't get that surprise first strike? It'd be a good thing if someone could test Krill vs. BD/CD, I'd have dragged someone into beta myself if I had a working gaming computer.

That sort of situation is why I recommended lowering the range for SI and/or increasing falloff, a cannon able to hit that hard at 900 GU doesn't really fit with the rest of the luth design.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-09-06 11:05   
now that the SI is a proper cannon, i guess it wouldnt be too improper to make it have some serious falloff (atleast as much as the PosiC). maybe even give Ions some small falloff, just to be nice

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-09-06 16:20   
Quote:
On 2013-09-05 12:47, -DBS wrote:

Actually, if your advantage is ranged combat, it should not have additional advantages over beam and torpedo ships. If you can be just as punishing from afar with little drawback as you can be up close with all the attached drawbacks, there is a flaw with your design.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023267 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR