No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +10.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Logging out to escape combat/death
 Author Logging out to escape combat/death
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-04-25 08:50   
I didn't know it was against the rules to do this.

As annoying as it is for the pursuers, imagine how frustrating it is for the victim.
When you got a fleet of K'Luth chasing you all over the place, and you've made 3 long jumps and are tracked every single time on jumps of over 30 seconds long, what else is there to do?
Can't fight your way out, you're outnumbered, and they simply cloak if you shoot at em.
The ones who are cloaked can easily track you because they don't have the distraction of being shot at while they line up and prepare a jump.

This is completely in favor of the K'Luth.
They can long jump and NEVER be tracked unless they have a damaged cloak, or are a slowly cloaking station.
The humans have no way to hide at all, not even if they go as far as they possibly can into deep space.

I was on the K'Luth side, and can't help but to feel somewhat sorry for them, but I was also angry because of the exclusive use of AD and SS by the other team.

This is probably one of the big reasons why K'Luth are so easy to survive in and why I fly them exclusively. It's easy to run away and never be caught.
The only time I ever get killed is if I'm in an interdictor, or if the interdictor was off and it flips back on at the worst moment possible.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2013-04-25 08:54 ]

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2013-04-25 09:12   
It's against the rules to log out? People have been doing that for years. With the amount of dreads at hand, no one lasts the 2 minutes needed to 'dissapear' anyway.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-04-25 09:20   
When you log out, you start accelerating, and so you have these stations and dreads that are outrunning destroyers by the time players can reach them.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-04-25 09:27   
This is not against the rules. and I have never had any problems logging out to escape death.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-04-25 09:31   
Quote:
On 2013-04-25 09:20, Fluttershy wrote:
When you log out, you start accelerating, and so you have these stations and dreads that are outrunning destroyers by the time players can reach them.

You only go super speed on logging out if you're Jumping when you log out.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-04-25 09:35   
Quote:
On 2013-04-25 09:20, Fluttershy wrote:

What are you on about? Your ship stays at its last velocity the moment you logout.

The jumping & logging exploit has been fixed in beta - anyone found abusing this will be cautioned and dealt with accordingly if the behaviour doesn't decist.

Page created in 0.015223 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR