No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » PLANET INTERDICTORS NEED TO GO!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author PLANET INTERDICTORS NEED TO GO!
BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2013-05-05 18:10   
The biggest culprits for slowing DS gameplay down are "planet dicos"! Every player knows what I mean, sitting in space at a supply platform watching on f2 when your ai get in range of a planet and seeing all the players that you would attack if the planet dico was down., but you never jump in and attack anyone cause planet dico makes it a suicide run....Dico cruisers (although currently their dico feilds turned off) should be only dico feilds in DS, planet dicos only limit the fun!!!
[ This Message was edited by: The Phantom of Darkspace on 2013-05-05 18:22 ]

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-05 18:32   
How I enjoy the input,it is fine and dandy. But personally I want the old dico cruisers back, it was one cruiser I enjoyed, also if you take away people would complain, and you would be able to jump right to someone building planets and such if they have dico's I think they should stay and old dico cruisers come back.

Edit:
They might be some of the issue but I believe it is one of the smallest things, thereare many factors of darkspace being "slow", as every game has these moments you just have to work through them.
[ This Message was edited by: Taelaxon*RO* on 2013-05-05 18:35 ]

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2013-05-05 18:45   
Quote:
On 2013-05-05 18:32, Taelaxon*RO* wrote:
How I enjoy the input,it is fine and dandy. But personally I want the old dico cruisers back, it was one cruiser I enjoyed, also if you take away people would complain, and you would be able to jump right to someone building planets and such if they have dico's I think they should stay and old dico cruisers come back.

Edit:
They might be some of the issue but I believe it is one of the smallest things, thereare many factors of darkspace being "slow", as every game has these moments you just have to work through them.
[ This Message was edited by: Taelaxon*RO* on 2013-05-05 18:35 ]

I concur, bring back dico cruisers!! However, planet dicos do not protect anyship, they just prolong the attack....yes engis need to build, but as soon as a player engi gets the enemy alert bleep they stop building and run or die anyway, planet dico doesnt effect this- but a planet dico only clogs up everyones game, sitting in space watching player ships that you won.t attack because of planet dico is boring....jds charge to slow otherwise

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2013-05-05 18:58   
Dictors are the only thing that gives planets a viable safe place to fall back on.

And I'm 100% sure the devs aren't going to remove them because you don't like it.

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-05 18:59   
Hmm wonder if it is possible to make it so it just stops people from jumping in, not out that would solve everything then make the cruisers the opposite way....

Rain of Fire [O-XII]
Grand Admiral

From: South of Klaus, 14,000 gu from Insanity and 3,000 from Desperation.
Posted: 2013-05-05 20:18   
Planet dicos mean that people like me cannot jump in with seige dreads at 500gu, carpet bomb your sy/planet to hell and back and laugh.
So no, dico's should stay, as they are there to stop people from being able to jump directly into bomb range.
On 2012-11-06 20:23, Tael wrote:
\"Depends who you asked... Praetorian, KC, a few others, and myself use to sit in the lobby and talk out the game...

Convinced more than one new person initially this was a text game. \"

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-05 20:26   
I think the biggest cause of slow periods where no side is attacking is a poor map design. The "conflict" system kaus is incredibly poorly designed, and no one really cares about taking and holding the planets there. The best moments are when one side organizes an attack into one of the front line faction systems.

Hopefully the MV redesign currently in progress will solve this...

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-05 20:50   
As I said it was a small thing, and the new map in beta I bet will change it all, not to mention interserver wide chat that was being talked about, which would really get action up-to-date and people where they a needed.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-05 20:57   
Really doubt we will see planet dictors be removed as they are they only thing at this point that gives an out numbered defending force a chance to survive against a superior attacking force. Plus it prevents easy point jumping at ship yard planets as people spawn in.

[ This Message was edited by: Brutality *TO* on 2013-05-05 21:02 ]

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-05 21:05   
and this is from the same group who whined and QQed about the unfairness of the dictor crusier. how sad.

Any way now for the constructive part. As brut just said that is one of the few things that gives a smaller defence force a chance against a large attack force. A force equalizer if you will.

And as it was also said it prevents bombers from just poin jumping the planet, and laying waste to it then jumping out before you can even get there to defend.

And lets face it blade if the people were in YOUR planets dictor you wouldnt whine about dictors. So enough of the double standards

Email *FTL*Soulless
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-05 21:06   
Ppl complained abt dico cruisers because they made gameplay "boring" .... but we know the truth was that it made the game harder, perhaps too challenging for the crowd who were only after quick gratification.

Now we have someone here who thinks planetary dicos are a pain because he's afraid to die attacking a planet.

Luyten was removed because ppl thought it was boring, or hard to contest/dominate and move on to the inner systems.

I wonder how far more the game has to be dumbed down before ppl are happy.

Maybe we should all just play Pong.

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-05 21:17   
Let's just return to when krill had 8 si lol that'll stop the dico complaints

Joking, but there is no way to please everyone so don't try.

Deth *CO2*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2013-05-05 21:36   
guise. lets remove planet defense, shields, cloak, armor and give every ship 1 Chemical laser, and reduce ships Hull to 100HP and make the CL do 1 point of domage and make it give us 2000 prestige.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-05 21:57   
Quote:
On 2013-05-05 21:36, Deth *CO2* wrote:
guise. lets remove planet defense, shields, cloak, armor and give every ship 1 Chemical laser, and reduce ships Hull to 100HP and make the CL do 1 point of domage and make it give us 2000 prestige.

While your at it. Dumb down the graphics to

Email *FTL*Soulless
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-05-05 22:03   
Yeah, planetary Interdictors are the main thing that keeps planets from being rolled over so quickly and lets the defenders actually have a chance even with smaller numbers.

Interdictor Cruisers on the other hand were mostly used for trapping people so they could be killed. They were rarely, I'd go so far as to say almost never, used defensively aside from occasionally by ICC to protect MDs from being point jumped.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023485 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR