- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Where's all the UGTO love?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Where's all the UGTO love?
PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-16 22:26   
Poor UGTO, just a slim sliver on the killboard.
I remember at one point wishing them to burn in hell, them and their damnable cloak killing V for Victory flux waves.

Now any UGTO who poke their head out of r33 get brutally torn to pieces by K'Luth and ICC forces.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-16 22:41   
This comment should go under the "Genocide of the UGTO" topic.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2013-05-17 01:02   
I've been trying to play more.. but work and a wife make it hard.
Poor UGTO...

Goto the website of 0stego
*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-17 01:57   
Ugto is a joke right now so i basicly kill icc from my kluth account. Love the chit armor!

Email *Flash*
Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-17 04:46   
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 01:57, *Flash* wrote:
Ugto is a joke right now so i basicly kill icc from my kluth account. Love the chit armor!

This kind of thinking is what breaks this game. The slightest imbalance will make sure that 1 side will get less players and therefor gets even weaker. And the snowball effect has begon. Something has to be done to discourage this behaviour.

This is natural behaviour for people because everybody likes to be on the winning side. So either you balance the number of players online or the losing side should be made more attractive to play. (more prestige gain or less punishment for losing your ship)

Email Flyer
*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-17 06:13   
No it aint my kind of thinking who broke the game...the game got broken after 1.67!

Email *Flash*
PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-17 11:09   
You could make a dev post saying that UGTO was buffed significantly, push an update that does nothing at all in reality, and players will start playing UGTO and probably become the dominant force in the MV.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-17 12:21   
I think they already tried that. Honestly if people like to switch factions based on who is up and who is down we will never have a stable player base on any fleets side. At one point k'luth could be blown up by one or two QST, then the ICC could be blown up. It is a continuous merry-go-round. Short of fleeting almost everyone in a faction to encourage them to stay or lock them into a faction (which I do not recommend) we will all just have to submit to the fact that there is always going to be a certain amount of jumping around.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-17 14:23   
Prestige gain modifiers could help with the balance possibly...
Lone players would lose less prestige for dying (which is remarkably easy when you got 4 kluth dreads and a pair of destroyers after you) and gain more prestige for damage (which is hard to do for any length of time when you're being shot at by half a dozen ships...)

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-17 17:26   
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 14:23, PsyCrow wrote:
Lone players would lose less prestige for dying (which is remarkably easy when you got 4 kluth dreads and a pair of destroyers after you) and gain more prestige for damage (which is hard to do for any length of time when you're being shot at by half a dozen ships...)

I am sure this has been mentioned multiple times before, as I give the answer i believe is correct.
"No."
Too easy to exploit this for your own gain, cause if it goes by kills too easy to get your killed rate up with little to no harm and making your faction best for pres. And if it goes by people it seems we are rewarding the few and hurting the many, if anything reward everyone equallly...

PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-17 18:15   
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 17:26, Taelon*RO* wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 14:23, PsyCrow wrote:

I am sure this has been mentioned multiple times before, as I give the answer i believe is correct.
"No."
Too easy to exploit this for your own gain, cause if it goes by kills too easy to get your killed rate up with little to no harm and making your faction best for pres. And if it goes by people it seems we are rewarding the few and hurting the many, if anything reward everyone equallly...

Alright, what if all teams are rewarded substantially if a near balance is achieved?
5:1:0 team ratio... no reward multiplier. (current reward rates)
3:3:0 team ratio... average reward modifier.
2:2:2 team ratio... maximum reward modifier.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-17 18:17   
The answer is and will for the foreseeable future be no. Prestige modifiers are hardly the answer to this problem. that itself I can see inviting a continuous shuffling of people around factions.

PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-17 18:50   
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 18:17, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
The answer is and will for the foreseeable future be no. Prestige modifiers are hardly the answer to this problem. that itself I can see inviting a continuous shuffling of people around factions.

What do you see as being a way to get people on all the teams?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-05-17 18:53   
There is no workable way of doing it. There's team balancing in Scen, but MV is by design a sandbox meaning people can do whatever they want, whenever they want.

PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-17 19:23   
Maybe if we had several hundred active players...

Is it possible to e-mail all the people who used to play DS but quit for one reason or another?
After 1.7 gets sorted out, perhaps they could email all registered users in the database?

The update wont do any good if there's no one to see it and no way to know of it.
[ This Message was edited by: PsyCrow on 2013-05-17 19:24 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021215 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR