Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Where's all the UGTO love?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Where's all the UGTO love?
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-17 20:32   
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 18:50, PsyCrow wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 18:17, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
The answer is and will for the foreseeable future be no. Prestige modifiers are hardly the answer to this problem. that itself I can see inviting a continuous shuffling of people around factions.

What do you see as being a way to get people on all the teams?

I don't see that we really need to. I encourage newcomers to try each faction and then settle into the one that suits their playstyle best. If that is not UGTO at the moment then UGTO will be empty.

If some change occurs in the future to make UGTO more palatable to people or if more people arrive to the game who find UGTO suits their playstyle then more people will return to UGTO. I remain on ICC because it suits my style best. I think that should be the ultimate concern for each person when they choose a faction.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-18 00:15   
Luth owns, ICC owns, Uggy's own when they play...

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2013-05-18 01:26   
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 06:13, *Flash* wrote:
No it aint my kind of thinking who broke the game...the game got broken after 1.67!

+1

Email Alcedo
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-18 01:50   
Quote:
On 2013-05-18 00:15, -DBS wrote:

Its all about numbers. Whoever has the most people on has the advantage and will more than likely dominate while they have the majority. Its a numbers game nothing more. ICC and kluth go back and forth, but UGTO just doesn't have a large active and consisent player base. This always happens to one faction or another and I'm sure UGTO will bounce back next version.

PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-18 05:57   
Is UGTO all that bad? Unless ICC can put their maneuverability and rapid shield recharge to full use, in all equal skilled and enhanced close and even medium ranged engagements, the UGTO will win.

Torpedo cruiser vs Assault cruiser, the TC will win unless you do a lot of motions to get out of range and let your shields have their recharge advantage overcome the tougher but slower repairing UGTO armor.

Took turns doing it. Whoever flew the TC won.
The only way to win as ICC was to fly like a "pussy"

Jumping out and then back in would have been a beneficial tactic more so for the ICC, but apparently jumping out means you 'lost'
[ This Message was edited by: PsyCrow on 2013-05-18 05:58 ]

The Stig
1st Rear Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2013-05-18 06:06   
nobody is ever on UGTO when I log on. I log on, look, fly around a few mins, then log out. Boring. I dont mind flying solo, but I am not up for PvE.

And game was broken back in .486, not .67, but whatever.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-18 06:56   
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 12:21, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
..... Short of fleeting almost everyone in a faction to encourage them to stay or lock them into a faction ....

Oh come on... even some fleets faction hop.....

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2013-05-18 06:56 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-18 08:08   
ugto ships are fine, its just rsm players quit playing due to there lack of adaptability to changes in the game.

Email Borgie
Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-05-18 08:48   
When I see people complain about how weak UGTO is. I laugh. I was on my UGTO alt once. In a battle dread defending against an Assault Dread and a Seige Dread around Haven and Grace. I beat down a DEFENSE ENHANCED assault dread to 63 hull and it jumped away, I never got hulled beyond %80 (Keep in mind I had defense enhancements too).
[ This Message was edited by: Boolean Argument on 2013-05-18 08:48 ]

Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-18 09:24   
A prestige gain modifier is indeed to easy to exploit. But a prestige lost modifier should be viable. If your faction is outnumbered badly only a 50 % on prestige lost or so.

Otherwise force balance by limiting the ship class.
Eg if your faction has 2x the number of players as the least populated faction only 25 % of your players may use stations and 25% may use dreads. The rest must use smaller ships. This will have as additional bonus that the smaller ships get some use also.

And the bullsnap that this will hurt the bigger playerbase, everybody has to gain from a balanced game. I don't mind picking another ship if that means that the game becomes more fun.

Email Flyer
PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-18 11:41   
Quote:
On 2013-05-18 09:24, Flyer wrote:
A prestige gain modifier is indeed to easy to exploit. But a prestige lost modifier should be viable. If your faction is outnumbered badly only a 50 % on prestige lost or so.

Otherwise force balance by limiting the ship class.
Eg if your faction has 2x the number of players as the least populated faction only 25 % of your players may use stations and 25% may use dreads. The rest must use smaller ships. This will have as additional bonus that the smaller ships get some use also.

And the bullsnap that this will hurt the bigger playerbase, everybody has to gain from a balanced game. I don't mind picking another ship if that means that the game becomes more fun.

One of the issues of forcing people to use a smaller ship is the limited garage space and enhancements.
Someone may have 8 fully enhanced dreads in their garage, in which case they are screwed.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-05-18 12:06   
Quote:
On 2013-05-18 08:08, Borgie wrote:
ugto ships are fine, its just rsm players quit playing due to there lack of adaptability to changes in the game.

Exactly. I predicted it would happen when the depot changes were first announced well before 1.67 release. Most anyone else has no problem playing UGTO as we never relied on the depot crutch as an integral playstyle.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-18 14:58   
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 18:53, Talien wrote:
There is no workable way of doing it. There's team balancing in Scen, but MV is by design a sandbox meaning people can do whatever they want, whenever they want.

wish is why theres no point of the game, beside kills and kills, there never any winner, theres nothing to fight for , nor to die for, its not worth it.

Scen at least gives a goal, a mission and you can actualy win the battle with a reward (very small reward if you ask me). but hardly no one plays it.

truth be told, anythign that is "sandbox" will get old eventually, especially if you can lose pres over....nothing
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2013-05-18 21:04   
Quote:
On 2013-05-18 12:06, Talien wrote:

Most anyone else has no problem playing UGTO

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-18 22:05   
Quote:
On 2013-05-18 01:50, Brutality *TO* wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-18 00:15, -DBS wrote:

Its all about numbers. Whoever has the most people on has the advantage and will more than likely dominate while they have the majority. Its a numbers game nothing more. ICC and kluth go back and forth, but UGTO just doesn't have a large active and consisent player base. This always happens to one faction or another and I'm sure UGTO will bounce back next version.

As an addendum to this I would like to note that today May 18, 2013 the k'luth launched a rather impressive invasion of dres kona (6-8) depending on the time you logged in and were held more or less at bay at pyron for around 4 hours by 3 players. So I highly doubt that numbers are everything. It also depends on how you use what you have.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026554 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR