No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » What's with the player MI?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author What's with the player MI?
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-20 16:02   
Quote:
On 2013-05-19 19:07, Taelon*RO* wrote:
When a player states that a faction should be completely removed then should we also do that?

MI are a part of them game if you dont like the MI the sorry but nothing can really be done about them being around and a player on them shouldn't have such a influence on the game not liek they are always camping the game waiting for fights...

Or are they....

Do you always pull nonsense analogues from your rear?

Sorry; Your green badge means nothing to me if you are only going to be condescending and acting like it is OK for players with privileges to ruin the fun of others.

The MI as an AI faction are fine. No one is bothered by them, and anyone who is clearly is not bothered enough to create a thread about it. That is also not what this discussion is about or what the OP originally raised as a complaint. Let me simplify matters for you:

There was a big fight going on. A player logged into an MI account and interfered with the fight. Thus, there was a hard-to-kill enemy that could not be dealt with easily. The reward for taking the effort of killing that player is no more than the reward for destroying any other player. The presence of this player had an adverse effect on the rest of the playerbase who ended hostilities and went to log off.

So, Taelon, whether a player "should" have in influence on the game isn't at all interesting nor important. It's what they DO have for an effect, and the effect they have is that players log off.

This isn't rocket science. This isn't something people need degrees in game design for. If any one player has the option to use something that is out of balance at very little cost to themselves, it is a flawed design. It's OK if it's for an event, or something. But this case was not an event and it was, in fact, game-breaking interference that ended an otherwise enjoyable afternoon of DarkSpace.

Get your head out of your rear long enough to take a look at the players you are moderating and what their desires and wishes are; You'll see that while you don't need to acquiesce to their every request, a simple matter of, "We don't enjoy players flying MI ships into battles" should not require a two-page discussion of rail-roading. That's pretty clear-cut: Don't fly the friggin' things, you're just annoying your players.

For that matter: The Singularity Lance should not be used on players at all. Whether it kills in one hit or not is irrelevant: If you use it while there's other factions around, you're just designating a target for death. Friggin' hell people, customer service isn't that hard.

EDIT: Also, PsyCrow specifies planets are getting glassed. That's pretty significant interference.
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2013-05-20 16:06 ]

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-20 16:47   
Mi are a faction that is meant to disrupt or else they wouldnt have that nice little beam and kltuh was nuked first not icc so kltuh should be annoyed a litle but we have icc outnumbered , it give the fight a push instead of sitting at planets all day. I believe MI should be offsetting the game. That is my opinion, we all have one.

And how you say they all lo off yes soem logged off but that isnt the MI's fault, last time i knew MI was on i think players went from like 3 to like 15.
It is hit and miss when they are used, either players get mad and log on they fight and stay on.

And personalyl i love how you accuse -me- of flying MI I ahve not flown them in MV. I just took intrest in a topic, so dont go off on a tangent complaing to me when it is not my fault i was there when MI atatcked on Kona.

There is no rules against making a twist on a fight. So Please dont blame anything on me not my fault.

And if they glass a planet for each faction how much harm does it do force you to run to a new one i am sure thats what happens being as everyone mostly camps planets and waits for something to happen....

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-05-20 17:45   
Just to re-assure players: any player piloted MI are not allowed to use the Singularity Lance on other players.

The only case that comes to mind is when Flash wanted me to use it on him, and being an admin, I took it upon myself to stand above the laws of this land, and thrust him into the nightly realm of death.

In a nutshell - only those in a position to allow such events to ocure can decide whether to use the weapon and what not. And right now that would be myself and Doran.

It's not entirely impossible to do it by accident, but on some occasions if enter is hit too fast when typing, the last letter can sneak through to the UI and engage whatever it is bound to via hotkey.

If you do see anyone disregarding this, you should contact myself or Doran. You can contact me at if you feel a report is not reliable. We have stright in-house rules regarding use of NPC ships.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.006561 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR