No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - almand

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Where's all the ICC love?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Where's all the ICC love?
Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-05-22 18:01   
[quote]On 2013-05-22 16:31, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-22 13:53, Orkan ORP wrote:

...Regarding Pulse Shield...

Yes, this definitely needs some form of improvement. Presently we often use it like a victory flare rather than where it should be and that is in combat!

Quote:

What are you on about? Every ICC player worth anything that I see uses it when it should be used...

I was being sarcastic. I was just trying to point out that this 'special' device does not seem to be as strong a defence as it should be, I have used it often in clouds of missles and fighters also but it does not really seem to take out more than one or two objects per use, often leaving other fighters and/or missles still in its blue area of effect hot on my tail!

[ This Message was edited by: Orkan ORP on 2013-05-22 18:02 ]

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-22 22:06   
thats the point of of the pulse shield, to destroy some of the projectiles, and with its last changes it no longer kills allied projectiles. used to be real annoing back in the day flying a md, and someone team mate come and kill a volley of missles trying to protect him self.

Email Borgie
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-23 01:37   
Quote:
On 2013-05-22 22:06, Borgie wrote:
thats the point of of the pulse shield, to destroy some of the projectiles, and with its last changes it no longer kills allied projectiles. used to be real annoing back in the day flying a md, and someone team mate come and kill a volley of missles trying to protect him self.

Rather have that than this dice roll we have now. One to many times i pulse to take off some missiles off my six, or to clear some fighters off an ally only to have it do absolutely nothing. Not a single missile or fighter popped.

Its way more effective to just eat/dodge the missiles or let my CLs clear the fighters than waste the energy hoping the pulse shield will even do a damn thing

Email *FTL*Soulless
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-23 02:48   
Quote:
On 2013-05-23 01:37, Soulless *CO* wrote:

Rather have that than this dice roll we have now. One to many times i pulse to take off some missiles off my six, or to clear some fighters off an ally only to have it do absolutely nothing. Not a single missile or fighter popped.

Its way more effective to just eat/dodge the missiles or let my CLs clear the fighters than waste the energy hoping the pulse shield will even do a damn thing

This pretty much sums up the issue with the pulse shield, why waste energy on something that has a good chance of not working anyway? Old one was much more effective at preventing friendly fire, and also worth the energy use as it took out all enemy missles in fighters in a given radius. Since flux doesn't damage friendly targets anymore and cloak is pretty absolute right now, it doesn't seem like a huge advantage at all.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-05-23 04:29   
Quote:
On 2013-05-23 02:48, Brutality *TO* wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-23 01:37, Soulless *CO* wrote:

This pretty much sums up the issue with the pulse shield, why waste energy on something that has a good chance of not working anyway? Old one was much more effective at preventing friendly fire, and also worth the energy use as it took out all enemy missles in fighters in a given radius. Since flux doesn't damage friendly targets anymore and cloak is pretty absolute right now, it doesn't seem like a huge advantage at all.

I wasn't aware 65% chance to destroy each individual projectile is a 'good chance not to work'. Plus the fact its energy usage is considerably lower than the others. And it's short cooldown too...

Honestly, people will complain about anything.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-23 08:38   
Quote:
On 2013-05-23 04:29, Pantheon wrote:

I wasn't aware 65% chance to destroy each individual projectile is a 'good chance not to work'. Plus the fact its energy usage is considerably lower than the others. And it's short cooldown too...

Pulse shield should push all ships around it 400 gu away from the ship using it. :3

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-05-23 10:30   
Quote:
On 2013-05-23 08:38, Fattierob wrote:

Pulse shield should push all ships around it 400 gu away from the ship using it. :3

This is why I like Frob. That could actually work if it's thrown in to compensate for it having a % chance of destroying each missile/fighter.

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-23 14:29   
you mean literally any ship like player flown if so then that would be abused to push players into a planet i am sure of it

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-23 15:14   
Quote:

Jack, how to understand 65% chance? Does it mean if there are 100 missle coming, Pulse Shield can posibly destroy from 0 to 65 missle? Is it roll dice?

Does server round up during calculation?
Quote:

People are complaining cause when they can't count how many missle are coming before pressing V, they neither count 35% of such number. Thus they complain. Just make the mechanic simple as making PS always destroys 100% and extend cooldown as long as ICC can only destroy missle one out of three Harpex waves. Although the number of destroyed missle decreases, as long as the player easily see the result, they will feel it actually work.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-23 15:56   
Each projectile within the pulse wave radius has a 67% chance of being destroyed, or that's how I think it works anyway.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-05-23 16:33   
Quote:
On 2013-05-23 15:56, Brutality *TO* wrote:
Each projectile within the pulse wave radius has a 67% chance of being destroyed, or that's how I think it works anyway.

65% chance, but correct. It works fine, and isn't being changed.

PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-23 18:03   
Quote:
On 2013-05-23 16:33, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

It depends on the gadget. Pulse waves on frigates, if I recall correctly, are lucky to take out 1-3 projectiles when used under "optimum" circumstances.

Instead of a % chance, might it be possible to randomly select an exact percent of all projectiles it will destroy of a given number so that it has some degree of reliability?
ie, if you got a 50% pulse wave, it will ALWAYS destroy 5 of 10 projectiles.

If not, then please make flux waves deal a random amount of damage between current and 0, and make cloaks fail to hide the ship 35% of the time, more so if you're in a dread
(^ Not actually serious about that ^)
[ This Message was edited by: PsyCrow on 2013-05-23 18:05 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-23 21:58   
Quote:
Quote:
Each projectile within the pulse wave radius has a 67% chance of being destroyed.

Ahhh, I see. It's dice rolling just like capturing. Then it's not complex to understand the disappointment of player.

65% chance doesn't mean 65% of incoming missle are getting destroyed in all cases. Due to dice base, 65% chance finally ends in either: 0 or 100. Two ICC both running Pulse wave can see one destroys all missle and one fail. Counting a long enough period of time, 65% missle will be destroyed, but successs is not shared equally between players. Some will get mad, obviously. Same ship, same device, different result.

It's like you and your colleague all work a month, same job, same effort, but get different salary.

Pulse wave lets some missle to survive but cloak terminate them all. Moreover, not all ICC have pulse wave but all K'luth have cloak. Some ICC will feel ironical.

Technically, between dice roll to check 65% chance of every missle or terminate them all, which one does it take less server resource?

In general, it's impossible to satisfy everyone. The current mechanic may be not optimum, but it actually works fine. The player needs to adapt and find their own tactics to survive and fight.

Jumbat
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2013-05-24 00:16   
In fact wen a batle with mi. spam go on none of the kluth kloak sho dont feal like that:)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-25 00:52   
Quote:
On 2013-05-23 21:58, DiepLuc wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Each projectile within the pulse wave radius has a 67% chance of being destroyed.

Ahhh, I see. It's dice rolling just like capturing. Then it's not complex to understand the disappointment of player.

65% chance doesn't mean 65% of incoming missle are getting destroyed in all cases. Due to dice base, 65% chance finally ends in either: 0 or 100. Two ICC both running Pulse wave can see one destroys all missle and one fail. Counting a long enough period of time, 65% missle will be destroyed, but successs is not shared equally between players. Some will get mad, obviously. Same ship, same device, different result.

It's like you and your colleague all work a month, same job, same effort, but get different salary.

Pulse wave lets some missle to survive but cloak terminate them all. Moreover, not all ICC have pulse wave but all K'luth have cloak. Some ICC will feel ironical.

Technically, between dice roll to check 65% chance of every missle or terminate them all, which one does it take less server resource?

In general, it's impossible to satisfy everyone. The current mechanic may be not optimum, but it actually works fine. The player needs to adapt and find their own tactics to survive and fight.

IIRC, missiles no longer SD when their target cloaks, but carry on to the last known location and circle about.

I've been hit by missiles even after my sig hit zero cos I wasn't clear of the target area when they arrived.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023835 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR