No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » Testing?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Testing?
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-27 18:54   
In the past week or two I have noticed, along with others I think, that there have been increasing appearances of Pirates and MI fleets in the Sag server. My main question are these occurring in order to try and rebalance them or are they being used at the discretion of mods/devs?

If the former may I inquire as to when we will get an outline of the changes that will becoming to the MI and the Pirate factions?

If the latter, well I have nothing on that count to really say.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-27 19:25   
It is a mix of a few things.....

1.) Yes they will be getting work done to them so part of it is testing them out.

2.) I am planning an MI event and am trying to see the different effects of them on different amounts of player base.

3.) As far as making it public knowledge what the 2 factions will have that is the admins call. I will happily let you all know when they make their desicion on the matter. Either way that will not be for a little while anyway because as far as 1.7 is concerned only ICC, UGTO, and KLUTH have been getting worked on. We want to get the release out to the player base ASAP.

4.) Players (for the most part) have responded very positively towards them being here. They say it is fun and good pres gain for them.

I know there has been some rebuttal from a few players about the MI or Pirates "ruining" the game. Just keep in mind it is not the main goal of the 2 factions to destroy players only AI. Although accidents do happen. Also if you are being fired on and are hulled below 50 percent may I advise you to leave the area or risk being killed by AI. As far as planet capping goes it only happens to 1-3 planets at a time. You also only see the 2 fleets once or twice a week, mostly on the weekends as that is when there are the most people on.

I hope I answered your questions and added a few more thoughts in there as well.

We will NOT flame this thread but if there are any other questions please let me know.

[ This Message was edited by: Challenger on 2013-05-27 19:30 ]

Email Challenger
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-27 20:32   
Thank you very much. That clears up the matter nicely.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-27 21:20   

What's the fun of having MI or Pirates around if you don't run the risk of being killed by them?

I remember an R33 Memorial event where Shig unleashed various types of powerful Gaifen on the playerbase immediately after the event. Quite a number of us, including myself, got pwned by the Gaifen horde. But it was a laugh.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-27 21:22   
I do have one additional question. Is it possible for pirates to glass planets in the same way MI do? I know that tarnak earlier today had 32 structures but without any bombers or apparent use of any weapons it was suddenly cleared. Is this a pirate weapon which I am unaware of?

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-05-27 22:03   
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 21:22, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
I do have one additional question. Is it possible for pirates to glass planets in the same way MI do? I know that tarnak earlier today had 32 structures but without any bombers or apparent use of any weapons it was suddenly cleared. Is this a pirate weapon which I am unaware of?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybee.........

Email Walrus of Apathy
Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-27 22:13   
You saw the last star trek(not the newest) pirates are inventing red matter.
The MI just ahve it perfected, i swear MI and pirates are breeding together...

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-27 22:55   
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 22:13, Taelon*RO* wrote:
You saw the last star trek(not the newest) pirates are inventing red matter.
The MI just ahve it perfected, i swear MI and pirates are breeding together...

You would love that wouldn't you?

Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-27 23:00   
Would be interesting, making MI have drop pods wth raiing inf, that wold be awesome

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-27 23:00   
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 22:03, Walrus of Apathy wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 21:22, Sheraton *XO* wrote:

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybee.........

PsyCrow
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-27 23:20   
how is having your ship raided and randomly taken over fun in any way?

Maybe if you had an interior ship map where infantry could be guided around and ordered to attack particular systems as though they were structures, then yeah it would be something interesting, because there could be some strategy to it, like where you station your troops so they can block access to a particular module, or stationing troops in the nodes leading to your bridge.

Probably unlikely to happen, but at the moment the whole capturing thing is really annoying.

The amount of hull damage should have a say in the matter. If it's 100%, it won't capture, but if it's heavily damaged, the ship has a good chance of being captured or at least having several systems knocked out by the troops.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-27 23:33   
Quote:
On 2013-05-27 23:20, PsyCrow wrote:
how is having your ship raided and randomly taken over fun in any way?

Maybe if you had an interior ship map where infantry could be guided around and ordered to attack particular systems as though they were structures, then yeah it would be something interesting, because there could be some strategy to it, like where you station your troops so they can block access to a particular module, or stationing troops in the nodes leading to your bridge.

Probably unlikely to happen, but at the moment the whole capturing thing is really annoying.

The amount of hull damage should have a say in the matter. If it's 100%, it won't capture, but if it's heavily damaged, the ship has a good chance of being captured or at least having several systems knocked out by the troops.

This description almost perfectly describes Faster Than Light (No not the fleet, the game). However, I find that if you have trained infantry then you can repel 1-2 boardings of 3-4 pirate infantry.

FarOff
Commander

Posted: 2013-05-27 23:39   
It is a game, it is meant to be fun, your not gonna eb the best, cause you cant be, you arent gonan be the worse cause there is always someone worse in some way, so just keeping playing...As for fighting pirates as stated above, yeah unenhanced ships

Email FarOff
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-28 21:37   
personally you can keep the MI it disrupts game play. i spend my money in this game to kill icc/ugto, not sit there and help them try and take down a node that can regen faster then you can kill it.

Email Borgie
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-28 22:48   
I would like to point out that no one has ever said you HAVE to help. It's just that you may find yourself fighting 3 factions if two of them are allied and you elect to attack us while we are fighting the MI. That too is a result of the unpredictable element that N-14 fleet adds.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.017597 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR